Post some *ucking great european 45s. (Please)

SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I want to know a little more about some good european 45s, cause I want to expand my knowledge and my collection.Here are some 45s I am feeling:Jo Alan - Le Demon De MidiRichard Anthony - Oui, Va Plus LoinMartin B??ttcher Orchester - Fiesta in Belo HorizonteChakachas - Stories?? (ok, thisone is common)Phil Coulter Orchestra - Congratulations (nice b-side)Daddy Long Legs - Concrete Road SidePercy Faith & Orchestra - Crunchy Grandola Suite (is this european?)Marian De Garriga - Pretty ClothesThe Hifis - London Look (this is beat, but I like it)Klaatu - Calling OccupantsPanta Rhei - StundenMary Roos - Hamburg Im RegenRotation - Ra-Ta-TaThe Solid Gold Band - All You Gotta DoTitanic - SultanaThe Tradewinds - Mind ExcursionThe Eddie Thomas Singers - St. Louis BluesThorinshield - Life Is A Dream Frank Todd - Dreary ThemeTwo Man Sound - Que Tal AmericaDoris Willingham - You Can??t Do That (this is Doris Duke, has this been released in the US?)So, please add some more!

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    This is cool. Can you add some short descriptions, telling US 45 collectros why they need these records? If you need pointers, PM Rape_Donkeys

• I should let planetesauvage know about this thread...
    hangon ill look for him

• RezRez 164 Posts
    [Two Man Sound - Que Tal America

Oh shit! Ya need help...lemme try..

Rez

• Klaatu - Calling Occupants
    The Tradewinds - Mind Excursion

actually Klaatu is canadian i think and Trade winds are from the US, but i must say i love those songs esp. mind Excursion. Sort rock/popsike in its finest form.

• Here are some euro 45s i??m feeling right now:

Jean Jacques Perrey - E. V. A. (moog funk, only issued on 45 in brazil and i won me a copy yesterday!)

Christophe - Sunny road to Salina (cheesy singer Christophe became good in the mid seventies, worked with Jean Claude Vannier, Karl heinz Sch??fer, Jacques Denjean etc but this track he wrote himself for a movie, dark moooody scary and with some nice nice drums aswell, and get don??t have him sining on the track - which is a big PLUS )

Archimedes Badkar feat. Afro 70 - Kila Mtu (afro funk from Sweden together with Afro 70 from tanzania, not Felas backing group)

• OK here are some records from my own collection (and some from my trades)
    (some of them are euro pressings of US/UK stuff, but stuf you can find here in Europe (i found most in Sweden/France/Netherlands)

Here we go:

MY OWN[/b]

AND HERE ARE SOME OF MY TRADES[/b]

NOW POST YOURS!

• told ya,....

• Panta Rhei - Stunden

Tell me more about this one!

• That really is some serious shit.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That really is some serious shit.

• Damn nice, Sexopolis! The Pirahna Sounds! a lot of stuff i don??t know!

Want that Johnny harris - is it italian?

• Great thread.

Now that the subject in general has been brought to light, I've been trying to ID a 45 for a VERY long time.
    One of the first records my mother bought for me when we were still living in Europe in the early 70's was a 7 inch by a group calling themselves "Earth Wind & Fire" - NOT the US group obviously.
    All I remember about it was the picture sleeve.
    There seemed to be some illustrated depiction of hell. It used to scare the bejeezus out of me in fact.
    So much so that I broke the record!
    If anyone can help me to ID it, I'd be much obliged.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Manu Dibago - Salt Peanuts / Dikalo

Dave Pike - Mathar

Rita - Erotica

Marva Hodge And The Moody Sec - Let The Sunshine In

Peter Trunk - Rolling Machine

Motherhood - Back In The Grass

TNTH's first 45

Jesse & James 45

I Bisacquei - Kalooky

THE MOHAWKS!!!

there are so many...

• Damn nice, Sexopolis! The Pirahna Sounds! a lot of stuff i don??t know!

Want that Johnny harris - is it italian?

Johny Harris is an italian issue... i saw a UK issue a while ago for sale but w/o the nice picture cover...

the italian issue of Pirahna Sounds below is a normal 2-track 7" but it sounds better (louder)
    to my ears compared with the "thin & tight grooved" french 4-track-EP

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    There seemed to be some illustrated depiction of hell. It used to scare the bejeezus out of me in fact.

• Some euro niceness, mostly french indeed..

gimme some more!

Mister Francois De Roubaix passed away 30 years ago, here's a sort of tribute

More RAER soundtracks

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

Great thread.

Now that the subject in general has been brought to light, I've been trying to ID a 45 for a VERY long time.
    One of the first records my mother bought for me when we were still living in Europe in the early 70's was a 7 inch by a group calling themselves "Earth Wind & Fire" - NOT the US group obviously.

Sure it wasn't 'Earth & Fire'?

link

• Great thread.

Sure it wasn't 'Earth & Fire'?

link

I was just thinking the same thing..Jerney Kaagman was there lead singer and is now a jury on the Dutch Idols show and her fuckin head is full of botox

• Great thread.

Seems to be EARTH AND FIRE as the people suggested

I guess it??s a 45 from the LP Song of the Marching Children

was the picture somewhat like this (maybe in one colour only)

• Johny Harris is an italian issue... i saw a UK issue a while ago for sale but w/o the nice picture cover...

the italian issue of Pirahna Sounds below is a normal 2-track 7" but it sounds better (louder)
    to my ears compared with the "thin & tight grooved" french 4-track-EP

Oh i only want issues with picture sleeves

Prahna Sounds - and yeah, but don??t you miss out on any of the good tracks?

• will see if i can help you with the Johnny Harris... will PM you in case i have one for you.

i only really dig one tune on the Piranha 45 which is included on the italian issue of course... matter of taste i'd say! cheers

• Seems to be EARTH AND FIRE as the people suggested

I guess it??s a 45 from the LP Song of the Marching Children

was the picture somewhat like this (maybe in one colour only)

THAT'S THE ONE!!!
    And yes, the picture sleeve illustration was black (or dark blue) & white if remember correctly.
    I suppose it was just "Earth & Fire", no "wind", huh?
    I'll have to tell my sister. We've been obsessing over this since 1972.
    And another one of life's mysteries solved.

Thanks all!

• [quoteOh i only want issues with picture sleeves /

Prahna Sounds - and yeah, but don??t you miss out on any of the good tracks?

"La Nef Des Fous" and "La Turbie Pirahniene" are the two essential tracks, the others are shitty.

• this guy just reminded me of someone we all know very well here on the strut

• my latest euro 45

• A great cover of the Stevie Wonder tune by Mr. Sherman.

Tony Sherman - As

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    BRAVO Robert, probly the best French selection i've ever seen on a forum.

Euro break