Ridiculous Safeway Club-Card Names (NRR)

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

They have these in Akron, OH. I used to go there to get hats for my late-night creep missions.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• fuck that place! they got the condoms locked up in some stupid glass case!

Anything that is small and of relatively high value can be put out of the public's reach. Eurotrash backed Tops Markets keeps baby formula in a back office.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    fuck that place! they got the condoms locked up in some stupid glass case!

Anything that is small and of relatively high value can be put out of the public's reach. Eurotrash backed Tops Markets keeps baby formula in a back office.

target and walmart and meijers have them out in the open, as to safeguard any unconfortable situations, not that it matters, its just a hassle yo!

• Hey,

They have these in Akron, OH. I used to go there to get hats for my late-night creep missions.

Fuck Giant Eagle. They tried to tell me I owed like $65 in rental fees for some Rodney Dangerfield movies or some shit. I'm like, I don't rent movies, what are you talking about?
    It's not my fault I signed up for a card just to get the sale prices and you let some douchebag rent movies with it. They're like, "Um, we can open an investigation into it," and I was like, "Yeah, do that," as if I give a fuck. I called, cancelled the card, and tossed that shit in the trash.

They barely have any good sales anyway. I would say their sales suck, but Tops has the sorry sales on lockdown. "Sale! $1.50 for a 2-liter of coke!" Wow, thanks.

Big Stacks, you should know Acme has Akron on lock. I have no idea how a chain that small does it, but their sales crush both Giant Eagle and Tops... chains with hundreds of stores.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

Fuck Giant Eagle. They tried to tell me I owed like $65 in rental fees for some Rodney Dangerfield movies or some shit. I'm like, I don't rent movies, what are you talking about?
    It's not my fault I signed up for a card just to get the sale prices and you let some douchebag rent movies with it. They're like, "Um, we can open an investigation into it," and I was like, "Yeah, do that," as if I give a fuck. I called, cancelled the card, and tossed that shit in the trash.

They barely have any good sales anyway. I would say their sales suck, but Tops has the sorry sales on lockdown. "Sale! $1.50 for a 2-liter of coke!" Wow, thanks.

Big Stacks, you should know Acme has Akron on lock. I have no idea how a chain that small does it, but their sales crush both Giant Eagle and Tops... chains with hundreds of stores.

Yeah Graf,

The Acme on Market Street was mos def on point like a mu'fucka. They had an import beer selection out of this world!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• daaaamn price chopper, sav-a-lot, a&p whassup with the new england steeeeze? and shit, food lion had the crazy bad meat scandel in 95 or 96. Harris Teeter was the hot grocery store in NC. piggly wiggly was one of the first grocery store chsins in the country from what i understand. winn dixie is on some redneck shit like food lion, real bootleg ass grocery store. out west it's all albertsons, safeway, and king soopers (kroger). i don't think kroger owns safeway or vice versa. safeway and king soopers are competitors. in cali they got all kinds of shit (like von's and i think tom's). the grocery game is mad thick. fuck breaks where can i get a clean package of butter lettuce nahmsayin? this is a great first post.

• sav-a-lot, a&p

The day Save-A-Lot has a discount shopper card will be the day I eat a steaming plate of monkey feces.

And didn't A&P go out of business in like 1996?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    sav-a-lot, a&p

I don't think so. I thought I saw some in Jersey back in August.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

they run pittsburgh too

• sav-a-lot, a&p

I don't think so. I thought I saw some in Jersey back in August.

Well, A&P used to run the east coast and I think they got nailed big time if they're still around in certain places. Every town and city from the Great Lakes to Florida is littered with converted A&P groceries that closed back in the 70s and 80s, back before the super-de-dooper market format came in.

• Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

they run pittsburgh too

I would hope so, they're headquartered there.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    There's a small grocery chain near my hometown called Dick's. Their 'membership' card was called the Insider Card.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    damn i wanna change mine to something cool

• Did this really turn into a "rep your supermarket" thread? i love soulstrut.

• No Publix in N.C??

Never heard of it...

We've got a whole lot of FOOD LIONs though..
    Must be strictly a GA thing. I seen a lot of Food Lion's but I can't remember if it was in N.C or somewhere else (VA?).

Honestly, I miss spots like Shop Rite, IGA, Acme, Thriftway and Pathmark.

No, not just a Georgia thing... Publix is pretty big across the south. I mean, they're big enough that they sponsor a NASCAR race, I think. That kind of thing doesn't come cheap. According to their website it seems they're in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. I remember when they first started opening up stores in Atlanta and it was a big deal. They were supposed to be coming in to challenge Kroger. I don't know that that ever really happened but they're pretty pervasive down south.
    Yup, you're right. I stand corrected. I've heard for sure that there's Publix down in FL. Never saw one passing thru S.C, though.

Publix are in SC...lots of em. They are a little more expensive than Bi-Lo..so I don't really use them too often.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    My Safeway name is Seth Brundel. Every other chain supermarket I go to, though, I just say I don't have my card and 100% of the time they either don't do shit or they ask for my phone number and I just make one up. Apparently, they're not even matching it against their database or anything. And, seriously, what supermarket manager would be stupid enough to call the bluff of a customer prepared to return a shopping cart full of groceries (aka $ in the bank) to the shelves?