how/where did you meet your significant other?

13»

Comments

• At the Night Owl Record Show almost 2 years ago....that is the truth...there is even photo documentation..even though she is not as in to records as I thought she was it has worked in our favor...the hearts in the picture were a sign I suppose

• Sometimes wonder what my life would be like if we hadn't met.

I wonder this too...my life has been 180 degrees from when I first arrived in DC, all pretty much due to my wife. Thank the lord.

I wonder about that too... well, baby's momma(s).

I would say from being a father at 19 to now with 2 kids I've turned around completely, went from barely graduating HS to... doing ok and graduating from college, having career aspirations, and being a classroom dad(tm).

Oh and I post up pics of alien vaginas on record related forums.

Seriously though, I think about my kids turning me around the most. It was definitely 180 degrees, and you would obviously have to contribute that to my relationship(s).

• Djing for her sorority.
    The party was a bust (not enough promo) but we've been together for 8 months now.
    Only major problem is when she gets upset when I dj too much...
    Also, some of my female friends are trifling.
    Otherwise, its a beautiful thing.

• well, im single, but my ex girl did bogart her way into my apartment and has been here for two months. i met her one day at the groundbreaking/workday for this arts project in north philly. i was hanging with my little brother (not blood) and we saw her in a hole that was abou tot get a tree in it. i told him, "i need that girl in my life" and i walked up to her and introduced myself and she completely ignored me. i saw her at a party later that night and she was a whole different person. we've been through some amazing highs and extreme lows in the last 5 years. now i say she just a friend.

so im definitely taking notes from yall about where to meet my future wife. scribble jam? i did propose to a beautiful woman at breakself and sitka's 12am- 6am funk party in detroit. that hasnt panned out...yet.

• my brother ben met his stunning girl at a nyc bus stop. theyve traveled the world together...so dont front fellas, talk to those ladies!

• from dating her older sister

now that's cold.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    over the internet, through a mutual friend. she visited coming up 2 years ago (xmas) and again in the april after that, moved here for a year to study at my university. practically lived together and then i went back to NC for the summer to meet her family etc. now we both have a yr left at school so we're an ocean apart, visiting alot though. still sucks! madly in love.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have been single for the last 7 & a 1/2 months, but I met my ex-wife 8 years ago when we worked at the same K Mart. She was in my sister's class at high school where I had graduated from the year before so I knew of her, and she was best friends at the time with my cousin's girl. Anyways, I asked her out one night to a punk rock show I was supposed to be skating a miniramp demo at. I ended up not even skating & just hung out with her the whole night. We were together for the next 8 years & married for 4. Am still coming to grips with the split though, any strutters who have been there & can come correct with some great "getting through a divorce" advice or inspirational stories to keep me focused, I think I'm doing OK, but you can never have enough tools for dealing with shit like that.

• my brother ben met his stunning girl at a nyc bus stop. theyve traveled the world together...so dont front fellas, talk to those welfare mothers[/b].

j/k

• At the record store I used to work at. I was getting ready to quit the place and was refusing to help customers. Then a beautiful young lady walked in looking for The Music Man OST on cassette. So I decided to help just this last time. She ended up coming back in that night for a Beatles tape, then came back again to return it because 1 of the 2 tapes was not Beatles. Now I'm no genius of love, but I realized what was happening.

Then I quit. A few months later my housemate who was still working at the store told me that some girl stopped him on the street and asked if he knew of the guy who used to work at the record store and described me. He said "yeah, he's my housemate." She gave him her number for me to call.

He said I should call her because she was nice, but not like I was going to marry her. I didn't remember who she was, and risking the practical joke factor, I called. We set up for a movie/beer. That was 8 years ago and we've owned a home together for the last 5. Can't believe it's been that long. Many ups and downs, but I love her and don't know where I would be without her.

I Heart Records,
    Cortez

• these are very inspirational posts ya'll keep em' comin' peace, stein. . .

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    einstein gets mad butt dawg

• We met through mutual friends in Moss Beach, at deeskees house. I was on vacation. We had been talking on the phone and computer for awhile prior to that. I don't really believe in love at first sight, but it was something like that. Two months later he came to visit me in Hawaii, a month after that he moved to Hawaii, four years later and we're closer than ever. I always joke that because we live and work togther we should count our time in dog years. I can't imagine my life without him. Mutually sharing a passion for music helps...

but not always just because a girl is in to records...doesn't mean there's a love connection

• gets mud butt dawg

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    First impressions was being mutually drunk at the Roskilde Festival. Thought she was cute, but kind of annoying and I wrote her off. After that I kept meeting her at different functions, realized that she was alright after all, and we finally hooked up for real 6 months later at a Xmas reggae/dancehall basement bash. It's been all good ever since. Moved in with her a month ago.

• I met my girlfriend when we were both doing a semester abroad in Rome. I was really sweating this other girl, but then I saw S***h in my Renaissance Literature class and it was game over. I ended up talking to her and she was really cool. We hung out once or twice. She ended up going home over the thanksgiving break. We actually shared a cab to the airport because I was flying to stay with a friend in Zurich. I really liked her and was looking forward to seeing her after the break, but she never came back. I was really bummed out about it, because I never even got to get her email or anything. I just figured I would see her later.

Turns out she had a death in her family while she was home and she stayed to be with her parents. I had pretty much forgotten about her when I got back to philly. I ran into her on campus one day out of the blue. I first thing I did was get her number. I am so glad I did because we didn???t really run into each other on campus the rest of the semester. Our schedules were really different. We have been together three years. She is most definitely the best thing that ever happened to me.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    august 1986
    in the water on the beach @ rose hall Jamaica
    (same flight, same hotel = fate ?)
    first date - dancehall nite / reggae sunsplash
    5 weeks later decided to move in,
    6 hours later decided to get married that friday
    (psuedo engagement = grand total 6 weeks)

• My wife worked at a bookstore with my brother and brother-in-law. We were friends for a few years before we got together. She changed my life (for the better) completely (like I'm not sure I'd be alive if we hadn't met).

• I was the maintenance man at the apartments she lived at. One of my duties was that of "pool guy" so I'd be out there checkin' the chemicals and what not and she always seemed to be out there sunbathing at the same time. Then one time she broke a cork screw of in a wine bottle and I had to use my vice grips to get it out. The rest is history. Wonder how hard it was for her to break that corkscrew...

• At one of my DJ gigs. Actually I met her about a year ago and was almost instantly smitten. We talked(emailed) with each other for about a week and then, for some reason she decided she didnt want anything to do with me. I didnt see her again for about 8 months. Then one night at the end of a gig she showed up and started talking to me as Shingaling and I were breaking all the equipment down. We had a nice conversation. Then the next morning she sent me a message saying she had a nice time talking to me, so I asked her out again. This time she said yes and we have been going out now for almost 4 months. First girl ever who gave me a second chance.