how/where did you meet your significant other?

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I'll say!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. That's just a modeling pic from a while back. She is known as the "Black Barbie" though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    McDonalds..................i'm beginning to think i should've went to Burger King that day

• from dating her older sister

• sergserg 682 Posts
    at fucking scribble jam of all places

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I met wifey in Summer 1996 in front of Spicer Hall at the University of Akron, where I was in grad school. She was walking down the sidewalk leaving the building while I was on my way in to get my parking pass. She was looking good to me, so I stepped up. Honestly, I was thinking about just gettin' me some booty, until she spoke. I was impressed by how articulate and bright she was, so she moved immediately from the "B" pile (looks good, but a knucklehead, so I'll just fuck her) to the "A" pile (she's got it together, let's get to know her better). I asked her to marry me in March, 1999, and I married her May 16, 1999 the day after I received my doctorate degree. We figured why not do it then since all the family were in town. She's an incredible woman and my life is better because of her. I love her dearly!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey,

I met wifey in Summer 1996 in front of Spicer Hall at the University of Akron, where I was in grad school. She was walking down the sidewalk leaving the building while I was on my way in to get my parking pass. She was looking good to me, so I stepped up. Honestly, I was thinking about just gettin' me some booty, until she spoke. I was impressed by how articulate and bright she was, so she moved immediately from the "B" pile (looks good, but a knucklehead, so I'll just fuck her) to the "A" pile (she's got it together, let's get to know her better). I asked her to marry me in March, 1999, and I married her May 16, 1999 the day after I received my doctorate degree. We figured why not do it then since all the family were in town. She's an incredible woman and my life is better because of her. I love her dearly!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I like you, Big Stacks.

Herm

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I like you, Big Stacks.

Herm

Why? What did I do, mane????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    McDonalds..................i'm beginning to think i should've went to Burger King that day

ed, that is both the funniest, and most depressing thing i've seen today.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    in college.and at the record store she worked in. oh and she was my girlfriends best friend.

...oh and she was my girlfriends best friend.
    now we're talking, hommie.

• At my wife's job! No fucking lie. I went to pick up wifey one day and seen this dime piece at the desk in the back. Well a few years later I was divorced and ran into the girl again and got to doin' what I do. She is the best, and holds me down like no other. 2 years now and I'm not even close to getting tired of her.

Dee does your girl have braces?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

ya want lobster, huh I'm thinkin burger kang

Met my gf at her work, a coffee shop.

• at a christmas party for j.crew employees when i used to work there...she used to walk by my desk all the time to check me out and i had no idea who she was. she approached me at the party and soon enough we were wasted and making out and then i was at her house checking out her record collection. now i live in that apartment...five years later.

• September 12, 2001.

I saw her sitting at school studying.

So I walked up and started talking to her.

I made a joke about 9/11 and how I'd better talk to her before an airplane crashed into the building.

For some reason this seems to play right into the stereotypes about me. Hmmm.

• I met wifey in Summer 1996 in front of Spicer Hall at the University of Akron, where I was in grad school. She was walking down the sidewalk leaving the building while I was on my way in to get my parking pass. She was looking good to me, so I stepped up. Honestly, I was thinking about just gettin' me some booty, until she spoke. I was impressed by how articulate and bright she was, so she moved immediately from the "B" pile (looks good, but a knucklehead, so I'll just fuck her) to the "A" pile (she's got it together, let's get to know her better). I asked her to marry me in March, 1999, and I married her May 16, 1999 the day after I received my doctorate degree. We figured why not do it then since all the family were in town. She's an incredible woman and my life is better because of her. I love her dearly!!!

Amazing that a building known for such torture could produce such wonderful results.

Oh wait, they did knock it down. So I guess wonderful results [i]are/I> possible on that site.

• my girlfriend and I went to grade school together so we "met" in 1st grade. We started dating in high school and in a couple months we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary...crazy. Probably time to get hitched soon.

put us single dudes up on the game. peace, stein. . .

Haven't met my significant other yet and not sure I ever will.

But the best way to approach a woman you like is "Hi.".

Amazing that a building known for such torture could produce such wonderful results.

Oh wait, they did knock it down. So I guess wonderful results [i]are/I> possible on that site.

Hey Graf,

Wifey and I were up in Akron last summer visiting her family. We went by the U and were like "Wow!!!!!!" It's amazing how much they've built up the university. Yep, Spicer is gone. Speaking of Spicer, I wonder what ever happened to the cock-blocking parking office dude that messed up my rap with that big-booty lady that managed the bookstore. I use to have mad women on staff at the U that wanted to give me some rump (that tall, fly custodian sistah use to hawk me tough). Damn that Stacks charisma was a curse!!!! Anyway, the new Behavioral Science building is on some next-level shit. It sure beat the hell out of hot-ass, raggedy Simmons Hall. Summer classes on the 3rd floor were murder. I used to carry a hand towel around the department like John Thompson.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey, what's the rush? I need some more time to browse the Russian mail order bride catalogue!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    In jail.

I haven't met her yet. But working at a video store is . Too many fucking couples walk up in that peice. And telling them they don't need to rent The Perfect Man when I'm right there isn't working either.

Imma stick to school. And the bus stop.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    14 years ago in college. She lived in what was referred to as "hottie house". Damn, love her more than ever.

• I met my wife about 7 years ago at a martial arts class, (Silat Persai Diri from Indonesia) after my friend recommended the class because their were two hot chicks there. I just kept coming to training and really got into the art and having a love interest to train with kept me inspired.

The freaky thing is our first child Amali was born on the 2nd of July this year which is the exact date of the 50th anniversary of the founding of our martial art.

Yoga classes though are probably a better way to meet hot chicks.

• Biology class.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    at fucking scribble jam of all places

ha, me too, same place, same weekend, Serg knows the deal, his girl introduced me to my fiance!

for realz

• Wifey and I were up in Akron last summer visiting her family. We went by the U and were like "Wow!!!!!!" It's amazing how much they've built up the university. Yep, Spicer is gone. Speaking of Spicer, I wonder what ever happened to the cock-blocking parking office dude that messed up my rap with that big-booty lady that managed the bookstore. I use to have mad women on staff at the U that wanted to give me some rump (that tall, fly custodian sistah use to hawk me tough). Damn that Stacks charisma was a curse!!!! Anyway, the new Behavioral Science building is on some next-level shit. It sure beat the hell out of hot-ass, raggedy Simmons Hall. Summer classes on the 3rd floor were murder. I used to carry a hand towel around the department like John Thompson.

Yeah, it does look nice.

I dunno about custodians, the grounds and maintenance staff over there all look like they fell out of an extras casting for Oz.

Anyway, those buildings are nice until you look at your bill.

Tuition: $3,000
    Buildings Fee: $4,700

Slight exaggeration, but the amusing thing is I never set foot in most of those buildings until I was showing my parents around when I graduated.

I'd love for someone to come up with a University that focuses on educating and not bowling alleys and natatoriums.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Met my wife at work - she was the HR manager, so we kept it hidden for quite a while. When I asked her to marry me & she walked in with the ring the next day, shit was all over the building in a flash....

Thankfully we no longer work together. Some separation is good, you know what I mean?

• At the airport 13 years ago. Flight was delayed so we all hung out at the gate. She and her friend thought I was foreign so they joked about my worn shoes and started guessing what was up with me. After arriving in Istanbul I asked whether they wanted to share a cab. After a week her friend got tired of me so we all parted but luckily we both lived in Amsterdam so we met again a while after that.

• At the liquor store.

• I met my wife at a Cambridge, MA bar called the phoenix landing in 2002. DJ C & Flack ran a freeform hip-hop, electronic & reggae night called "Spectrum". We were introduced through a mutual friend (I knew her from undergrad, they were in grad school together). Sometimes wonder what my life would be like if we hadn't met. Probably doing temp work and paying too much for an apartment... she's been a ridiculous motivator and friend.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Sometimes wonder what my life would be like if we hadn't met.

I wonder this too...my life has been 180 degrees from when I first arrived in DC, all pretty much due to my wife. Thank the lord.