strange spoken word record I found

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Baba Ram Dass - Here We All Are

on Rada records.

One of the stranger Hare Krishna records I've seen. Recorded the summer of '69, it is a three record set. Found this one on my recent trip through colorado.

Ram Dass aka Richard Alpert tells his evolution from Harvard professor to follower of Timothy Leary to wandering sadhu; all in a quest to stay permanently high.

hand pasted box makes me think it was a small press.

anyone have more info on this? Hate to be base about such a transdental object , but has anyone sold one before? I know Ram Dass had an Lp on Elektra in 1966 or so, the last one sold for $60+

If anyone is interested I'll post pics when I unpack my camera.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    plaese to post pics

sounds facemelting

• Ram Dass was on some serious inspirational stuff. I saw a documentary about him last year.

He also wrote this, one of the cornerstones of the hippie bookshelf...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    all in a quest to stay permanently high.

I'm on the same quest!

pics plaes

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Baba Ram Dass - Here We All Are

on Rada records.

One of the stranger Hare Krishna records I've seen. Recorded the summer of '69, it is a three record set. Found this one on my recent trip through colorado.

Ram Dass aka Richard Alpert tells his evolution from Harvard professor to follower of Timothy Leary to wandering sadhu; all in a quest to stay permanently high.

hand pasted box makes me think it was a small press.

anyone have more info on this? Hate to be base about such a transdental object , but has anyone sold one before? I know Ram Dass had an Lp on Elektra in 1966 or so, the last one sold for $60+

If anyone is interested I'll post pics when I unpack my camera.

I think there is a documentary on this dude...Let me do some checking around.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    There is a documentary called Fierce Grace that came out a few years ago about Ram Dass. I watched it last year and wasn't too impressed, but it wasn't as bad as a few of the documentaries I've seen about Tim Leary.

In one of the Leary documentaries they have a skit at the end where they cut off Leary's head after he dies. Pretty tasteless.

• His family didn't agree with his conversion/enlightenment, and they publically referred to him as "Rammed Ass"... Though Ram Dass was kinda asking for it by giving himself that name.

Peace...
    FNM

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've seen a "be here now" 5 or six record box set.

here's a kinda cool record I found the other day made by some of rammed ass' followers, I think.