Goofy records you had to buy

2»

Comments

• I'm not usually big on novelty records, but I couldn't pass this one up in a thrift store a few years ago...I couldn't believe the 6 ugliest people on earth all wound up in a Gospel group together, and I couldn't believe they didn't know how to count to four.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I couldn't believe they didn't know how to count to four.

damn, thats hilarious!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i NEED to hear this.

• I bought this because of the song Final Countdown. Anyone that watches Arrested Development would recognize the song. It's the musical queue that's always used when Gob does his magic acts. Not a bad big hair record although I haven't really listened to anythin beyond Final Countdown except for a song called Ninja. Lyrics are

I don't watch the show but I know the song. It starts with that synth lead. I'm surprised Swizzbeats hasn't sampled it.

Damn you for putting this song on my mind!!!

• I love weird, goofy records. Recently I had to pick this up, dude was like the Miss Cleo of Latin America during the 70s and 80s.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I need that joint like it owes me $

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• I'm not usually big on novelty records, but I couldn't pass this one up in a thrift store a few years ago...I couldn't believe the 6 ugliest people on earth all wound up in a Gospel group together, and I couldn't believe they didn't know how to count to four.[/b]

• of course...after terminator x/public enemy....I'll never hear it the same

(not that it got FREAKED like that or anything..just that when i hear it, I cant help from waiting on the PE shit to start)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

ummm...what is he going to do with that guitar??

Got this turdrock from my grandparents-

Will Ferrell's old band???

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Actually ended up liking this one:

Dude, me and my friends used to eat at Jeno's in NE Minneapolis...great cheap Italian food with swank ganster red booths. I miss that place. And if you ordered pizza, it was pretty much the Jeno's frozen pizza popped in the oven.

good times......

• Had to buy this at Cheapo's in St. Paul a few years back due to the unbelievably crude handmade jacket and with song titles like "Crying These Cocksuckin Tears" and "Back In the Closet Again". A private press gay country album?!?!? Well, sort of... Bought it because I thought it'd be goofy but most of it is actually cool rural folk with that early 70's outsider vibe and rather well written/performed songs about gay life/love/discrimination. Some of the lyrics are pretty funny but in a clever way. This has recently been reissued on CD.