Tha Carter II

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Theres this new producer from new orleans named develop that has been putting out some HEAT recently. I think hes working on this record too.

yup, dude produced mic check, fireman, and the jeezy weezy juelz track

would you say his beats are so muhfuckin gi joe?
    shit is like some army navy air force marines shit.

if develop is producing a majority of the lp and shits the same quality as the rest of his stuff, this shit will be fire

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The album's music is it's been awhile since i've felt this way about a hip hop/rap album.It might be because i wasn't hip to him before,i really didn't expect this.

• It's kinda hard to saying this shit to your face, so I doing over snares and bass, music take me away

Been playing this alot recently.
    Fly out, Mo Fire & Receipt are on heavy rotation!

For those who dont know: ThHa Carter I is pretty ill too, and dont forget dedication mixtape and other older ish.
    Any other real dope old mixtapes I should watch out for?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the choir mufuckahs on best rapper alive are fucking killing it

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

SOme people would say the older squad up tapes. I have a couple of them, but I think the period where wayne really stepped it up is the carter. And even then, not as much as on his newest stuff.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

SOme people would say the older squad up tapes. I have a couple of them, but I think the period where wayne really stepped it up is the carter. And even then, not as much as on his newest stuff.

Actually, I think Wayne improved tremendously as an MC between The Block is Hot and Lights Out, but nobody noticed until The Carter, because Lights Out and 500 Degreez both had really weak production.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I still think some of his best shit is on the Hot Boyz records...