Kanye Vs. 50 Cent (News related) - DISCUSS

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

They are relevant because their PR firms want you to believe they are. It is not by choice. This stuff is force-fed to us in our subconciou. They are not relevant out of our own volition.

Damn, I thought I liked that stuff because it's listenable and makes me wanna have a good time. Guess I gotta chalk this one up to the PR firms.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

They are relevant because their PR firms want you to believe they are. It is not by choice. This stuff is force-fed to us in our subconciou. They are not relevant out of our own volition.

Damn, I thought I liked that stuff because it's listenable and makes me wanna have a good time. Guess I gotta chalk this one up to the PR firms.

• Do I sound like a child to you? I take music very seriously, as do all of you I'm sure. That's one of the reasons you come here. You would not be posting here if you didn't love music for all it brings, and for all of it's virtues. So why would you contradict those notions by supporting these artists?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

We are all marionettes, dacing at the whims of 50 Cent's PR Firm. It is only the learned Melodious Thunk, he of the Cool Calm Pete fetish, who sees the game for what it is.

Do I sound like a child to you? I take music very seriously.

Yes, you do--and it's your self-importance that gives you away.

Do I sound like a child to you? I take music very seriously, as do all of you I'm sure. That's one of the reasons you come here. You would not be posting here if you didn't love music for all it brings, and for all of it's virtues. So whay would you contradict those notions by supporting these artists?
    Dude. Cool out, hit a club (that plays mainstream hip-hop), dance w/ a young lady and throw away all of your underground cd's!!

You'll thank me later.

Do I sound like a child to you? I take music very seriously.

Yes, you do--and it's your self-importance that is absurd[/b].

Do I sound like a child to you? I take music very seriously, as do all of you I'm sure.

Do I sound like a child to you? I take myself[/b] very seriously, as do all of you I'm sure. That's one of the reasons you come here. You would not be posting here if you didn't love assuming everyone liked Underground Hip Hop[/b] for all it brings, and for all of it's virtues. So why would you contradict those notions by supporting these non-underground-approved[/b] artists?

• How is it self importance? It is my opinion, like you all have yours. It hurts me though to be walking in the movies , and see posters for 50's movie, and to go into a music store and see the new video game. Hip-hop is a culture, granted, but all of this goes too far in terms of the marketing of an artist. Again my OPINION, but shouldn't it be apparent to other people too?

• It has nothing to do with "underground" artists. It has to do with the genre in general.

It hurts me though to be walking in the movies , and see posters for 50's movie, and to go into a music store and see the new video game.

Dude, I'll bite.

HOW ON EARTH CAN THIS HURT YOU?

It has nothing to do with "underground" artists. It has to do with the genre in general.

Again....who should we be liking?

How is me liking 50Cent a problem for you?

It hurts me though to be walking in the movies , and see posters for 50's movie, and to go into a music store and see the new video game.

Dude, I'll bite.

DO NOT MINIMIZE THE PAIN THAT MY MAN FEELS!

• dude...you see this is the problem with underground hip-hop, dudes like you[/b]. It's that elitist "all or nothing" attitude (JAY-Z IS THE ANTI-CHRIST! 50 HAS NO TALENT). If people just liked rap music regardless of who made it, shit would be way better for everyone.

I'm just tired of the sour-faced indie rap dudes, it's a bad look for everyone else who enjoys that stuff. Nothing wrong with bumping Doom and Lloyd Banks or Pete Rock and Young Jeezy , just put an end to supporting weak dudes regardless of genre.

90% of the stuff that underground rap fans put up on pedastol is pretty fucking boring (been to hip-hopsite.com lately?....SNOOOOOOOZE FEST) and 90% of "commercial" music loses it's luster after a couple of weeks.

just ligthen up, man.

just put an end to supporting weak dudes regardless of genre

• ligthen

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    just put an end to supporting weak dudes regardless of genre

• Officially in...

In short because the original dudes didn't get their proper shine and papers. But the not as good ones are getting to much, IMHO.

The difference between Grandmaster Caz and 50 cent. Who would you rather see in the movies, etc.

Officially out...

Dude, I'll bite.

DO NOT MINIMIZE THE PAIN THAT MY MAN FEELS!

Officially in...

In short because the original dudes didn't get their proper shine and papers. But the not as good ones are getting to much, IMHO.

The difference between Grandmaster Caz and 50 cent. Who would you rather see in the movies, etc.

Officially out...

Jeezus, where are these cornballs all coming from?

Grandmaster Caz not getting the recognition he deserves is now somehow 50's fault?

• Because it is pathetic that we flock like lemmings to these artists. Our cuture is so easily manipulated by what's being sold to us. When you care about something, doesn't it pain you to see it being co-opted for the wrong reasons?

I can go on about this for days me feels. I tend to be a cynical person. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with everybody, but this is how I feel..

Jeezus, where are these cornballs all coming from?

.com

Because it is pathetic that we flock like lemmings to these artists. Our cuture is so easily manipulated by what's being sold to us. When you care about something, doesn't it pain you to see it being co-opted for the wrong reasons?

I can go on about this for days me feels. I tend to be a cynical person. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with everybody, but this is how I feel..

Your narrow, ill-informed, self-inflated sense of musical and cultural purity and 'morality' pains the hell out of me for the moment, but I will get over it.

Because it is pathetic that we flock like lemmings to these artists. Our cuture is so easily manipulated by what's being sold to us. When you care about something, doesn't it pain you to see it being co-opted for the wrong reasons?

Your narrow, ill-informed, self-inflated sense of musical and cultural purity and 'morality' pains the hell out of me for the moment, but I will get over it.

I believe the term is "hurts"...

When you care about something, doesn't it pain you to see it being co-opted for the wrong reasons?

There's some real world shit that I care about and hip-hop ain't one of them.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am enjoying this Napoleonic attack.

• That is one way of twisting my statement.

50 is not the mc that Caz is/was is what i think. That 50 is more known is the truth and shame of it and I simply don't think it is right, that's all.

And I say this without trying to fault nor take from either. But one must be better. Again I say it aint 50.

Now what was the point of the thread here? And how did I get baited in by the notorious esquire?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Damn, I just want to know what Faux listens to so I can be "big dude" status. Seriously, can I get a discography or something?

If someone wants to listen to 50, so what? If someone wants to listen to Little Brother, so what? Personally, I don't listen to either of them but I don't cry when I see a 50 cent commercial for his movie, I just choose not to go watch it.

Sensitive people up in here.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Damn, I just want to know what Faux listens to so I can be "big dude" status.