Kanye Vs. 50 Cent (News related) - DISCUSS

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
50 Cent Disagrees With Kanye West 36 minutes ago NEW YORK - Rap feuds aren't usually about differing opinions on President Bush. However, that appears to be the case between 50 Cent and Kanye West. 50 says he disagrees with West's infamous statement that " George Bush doesn't care about black people," proclaimed during a September telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims."I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."Instead, 50 said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God."It wouldn't be the first time 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, made comments that weren't flattering of West. In a September interview with MTV, 50 ??? while otherwise complimentary of the popular "Gold Digger" rapper ??? said: "I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me.""After 50 Cent, (hip-hop fans) was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."West's second album, "Late Registration," has remained near the top of the charts since debuting Aug. 30.50 stars in the upcoming film "Get Rich or Die Tryin," a biopic of the rapper that is set to open Nov. 9.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_en_mu/people50_cent

Comments

• fiddy recognizes the thug qualities of the president

• 50 seems to be losing his grip on reality... too much marketing on the brain.

His M.O. is getting old...

• I think the mere notion about talking about both of these clowns is irrelevant. I think the letters I am typing right this second about this topic are a waste of time too. If we collectively ignore these horrible artists, they won't go away, but maybe our heads wont be filled with their every move. Who realy gives a shit? If you a truly a fan of what hip-hop stands for, or where it could go, you would save your brainmeats for better things than the release date of some lame rappers xbox game or erectile disfunction pill or whatever.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    50 seems to be losing his grip on reality... too much marketing on the brain.

His M.O. is getting old...
    My peoples need to make their money off him first.

• i think Kayne's reaction was an understandable kneejerk reaction to an unbelieveably fucked up situation. I think it's true that Bush doesn't care about black people, although I don't think the Hurricane Katrina response definitely proves that, I mean the federal government dropped the ball on all the major hurricanes this summer, and it affected all races. So in a way I can see 50's point, but this is weeks later looking back. At the time I think Kanye's response was warranted.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that about says it all.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    mmmmmm....brainmeats.

• I left out the last S for savings

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I think the mere notion about talking about both of these clowns is irrelevant. I think the letters I am typing right this second about this topic are a waste of time too. If we collectively ignore these horrible artists, they won't go away, but maybe our heads wont be filled with their every move. Who realy gives a shit? If you a truly a fan of what hip-hop stands for, or where it could go, you would save your brainmeats for better things than the release date of some lame rappers xbox game or erectile disfunction pill or whatever.

Please propose what horrible artists we should collectively celebrate.

Who really gives a shit?

what hip-hop stands for

• dude should put two quarters in his ass cuz he played himself.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think the mere notion about talking about both of these clowns is irrelevant. I think the letters I am typing right this second about this topic are a waste of time too. If we collectively ignore these horrible artists, they won't go away, but maybe our heads wont be filled with their every move. Who realy gives a shit? If you a truly a fan of what hip-hop stands for, or where it could go, you would save your brainmeats for better things than the release date of some lame rappers xbox game or erectile disfunction pill or whatever.

[color:white]No he didn't![/color]

LOL

LOL

• You really think these guys deserve our attention? I think that is laughable.

In terms of what's happening now in hip-hop?

I am not feeling anybody too much right now. I always like Doom, Lib, but this isn't the Stones board.

I might get shit for this, but the last album I actualy liked was the Babbletron LP. I am interested to hear the Cool Calm Pete solo LP.

I really don't think much of modern stuff anymore. I am excited to hear the new Can Ox when it drops, but Def Jux has fallen hard IMO...

Does anyone on hear really feel modern mainstream hip-hop? I think that is absurd.

Why do rappers have to become multi-lateral corporations unto themself? Why can it just be about the music? To discuss, admire, and rant on about them is crazy.

I am trying to rack my brain about who else is out there, but the field is vapid.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You really think these guys deserve our attention? I think that is laughable.

In terms of what's happening now in hip-hop?

I am not feeling anybody too much right now. I always like Doom, Lib, but this isn't the Stones board.

I might get shit for this, but the last album I actualy liked was the Babbletron LP. I am interested to hear the Cool Calm Pete solo LP.

I really don't think much of modern stuff anymore. I am excited to hear the new Can Ox when it drops, but Def Jux has fallen hard IMO...

Does anyone on hear really feel modern mainstream hip-hop? I think that is absurd.

Why do rappers have to become multi-lateral corporations unto themself? Why can it just be about the music? To discuss, admire, and rant on about them is crazy.

I am trying to rack my brain about who else is out there, but the field is vapid.

Please go back to the stonesthrow board.

• Thanks for the invite............

what's happening now in hip-hop?

Pathetic, dude...

Why is liking that any more absurd than liking Doom?

You can like whatever you want. Please afford me the same privelege. But your assumptions are entertaining.

Pathetic, dude...

• parenparen 537 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    who the fuck still listens to rap

• HOW is that pathetic? I am always open to hear new stuff, but there is shit out there now, don't kid yourself. There is a great potential for great things to happen in hip-hop. Producers are too busy folowing each others coattails, and younger cats are following weak MC's for the wrong reasons.
    Most people that are into making modern hip-hop are complacent by trying to attain what they think is necesary to make it. I believe it's a new form of blacksploitation, but it's the black populace that is doing it to themselves. Being in a Sprite commercial isn't considered selling out, it's considered the next step. Being a puppet for a corporate demographic is the new street cred.

Because I couldn't dredge up "artists" for you too agree with me makes my opinion absurd?

• Does anyone on hear really feel modern mainstream hip-hop? I think that is absurd.

Sorry man - but underground rap has been boring for a few years now, and i used to be a pretty big nerd for it. Mainstream hip-hop has been leaps and bounds better than it for a while now. Don't worry, It's ok - I hear madlib likes Young Jeezy!!

• parenparen 537 Posts

Because you couldn't dredge up "artists" makes your opinion vapid[/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Whether or not we like them I think it's kind of out there to say kayne and 50 are irrelevant.

• Why does it bother everybody that I feel this way? Wait a couple of years, months even. Go back to your collective artists that you hold in such high regard, you will feel differently, I can assure you. Right now, it's all filler and no substance.

I hear madlib likes Young Jeezy!!

THAT'S ABSURD! UNACCEPTABLE!

Why does it bother everybody that I feel this way?

Wait a couple of years, months even. Go back to your collective artists that you hold in such high regard, you will feel differently, I can assure you. Right now, it's all filler and no substance.

Holler at us when you've graduated from this obviously confusing pubescent period, li'l soldier.

• They are relevant because their PR firms want you to believe they are. It is not by choice. This stuff is force-fed to us in our subconcious. They are not relevant out of our own volition.