Options

Vick's Victims

12346»

Comments

• Dogs are more than mere animals...all of this comparing cows and dogs is ridiculous. Domesticated dogs need humans to live, and humans live a lot better with dogs...both in a emotional and practical/work context. I've never heard of a seeing eye cow, or the majectic rescue cows of The alps...there is a bond between humans and dogs that other animals don't have. The closest thing I can think of are cats and horses. Stop all of this ridiculous factory farm animals=dogs bullshit. It's stupid and makes you look like an ingnorant asshole.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Dogs are more than mere animals...all of this comparing cows and dogs is ridiculous. Domesticated dogs need humans to live, and humans live a lot better with dogs...both in a emotional and practical/work context. I've never heard of a seeing eye cow, or the majectic rescue cows of The alps...there is a bond between humans and dogs that other animals don't have. The closest thing I can think of are cats and horses. Stop all of this ridiculous factory farm animals=dogs bullshit. It's stupid and makes you look like an ingnorant asshole.

Milk does a body good.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    there is a bond between humans and dogs that other animals don???t have.
    Really? Like an innate bond? Are you invoking the metaphysical?

I personally have no use for dogs, seeing as how I don't need them for security, as pack animals/beasts of burden, or as food. People who have special bonds with pets are frankly a bit sad.

• does it make you look like an ignorant asshole when you compare killing dogs with raping children? just wondering.

my dog is on the couch next to me sleeping, for the record

• It's interesting to just sit back and watch this one unfold.

Here are some thoughts:

Would I let Michael Vick dogsit for me? um, no.
    Would I let my teenage daughter go out with a rapist that just got off his prison sentence? Nope
    Would I leave my kids with a known struggling yet recovering child molester? Not a chance

Fact is that Vick has lost a ton of trust and respect. But seriously which one of us hasn't? Think about the worst thing you have ever done whether or not you got caught, and tell me that you don't deserve some severe punishment/prison time/distrust from a lot of people. BUT, don't you want forgiveness for that stuff?

Would I let those people/Michael Vick into my life in unwise ways? Nope. But should I see him on the same kind of level as my wrongs? Yep. Get some perspective.

BUT PelvicDust, you deserve the same kind of forgiveness from the rest of us too. Are you being over the top about this? A little. But you are strong in your opinions and the rest of us can or have been the same way before too. Should I talk to you anymore or ignore you? Nah, some of its pretty entertaining and if you were in Lubbock for some reason, I would go buy you lunch and probably laugh about this.

Just my two cents.

And no culture venerates cows :/

• Reynaldo said:

I personally have no use for dogs, seeing as how I don't need them for security, as pack animals/beasts of burden, or as food. People who have special bonds with pets are frankly a bit sad.

yeah dogs have had no role in the advancement of humans. There are books on the subject. Read one if you are so inclined.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn. I thought Mannymoe&Jack; dude had calmed down somewhat from his last, miserable sojourn here.

The posts were more circumspect and the tone less aggressive. There were even attempts to engage in reasonable dialogue with some semblance of courtesy on display.

Now this. It just goes to show, the leopard doth not changeth its spots.

Or indeed, itth thpotth.

• Reynaldo said:

There's nothing metaphysical about it, the bond between humans and dogs has been proven in numerous scientific studies. Of course, dogs have been bred for over 15,000 years to have these bonds, so I'm not sure why you would find this surprising.

To me what's sad are people who can't form bonds, or who view other animals in a strictly utilitarian fashion.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I will kill my neighbor's loud ass annoying dog if PelvicDust posts again.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Nobody tell him about Ray Lewis or Donte Stallworth please.

Oops...

Horseleech said:
    Reynaldo said:

There's nothing metaphysical about it, the bond between humans and dogs has been proven in numerous scientific studies. Of course, dogs have been bred for over 15,000 years to have these bonds, so I'm not sure why you would find this surprising.

To me what's sad are people who can't form bonds, or who view other animals in a strictly utilitarian fashion.
    The bond needn't work both ways, though. If man's supposed bond to dogs is not inborn (as perhaps it is in dogs), and is instead learned/inherited by some through culture, then a lack of a bond with dogs is as natural as a bond.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Forgives Robert Byrd for being a big wig in the KKK.....................check.

Forgives Ted Kennedy for Mary Jo Kopechne............................check

But can't forgive a man who killed dogs AND served prison time for his crime.

Conclusion: Dogs can't ban you from Internet sites.

• Options
    InnerSpace said:
    It's interesting to just sit back and watch this one unfold.

Here are some thoughts:

Would I let Michael Vick dogsit for me? um, no.
    Would I let my teenage daughter go out with a rapist that just got off his prison sentence? Nope
    Would I leave my kids with a known struggling yet recovering child molester? Not a chance

Fact is that Vick has lost a ton of trust and respect. But seriously which one of us hasn't? Think about the worst thing you have ever done whether or not you got caught, and tell me that you don't deserve some severe punishment/prison time/distrust from a lot of people. BUT, don't you want forgiveness for that stuff?

Would I let those people/Michael Vick into my life in unwise ways? Nope. But should I see him on the same kind of level as my wrongs? Yep. Get some perspective.

BUT PelvicDust, you deserve the same kind of forgiveness from the rest of us too. Are you being over the top about this? A little. But you are strong in your opinions and the rest of us can or have been the same way before too. Should I talk to you anymore or ignore you? Nah, some of its pretty entertaining and if you were in Lubbock for some reason, I would go buy you lunch and probably laugh about this.

Just my two cents.

Sounds cool.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

You just caused a dogs death in Hawaii!!

• Options
    skel said:
    Damn. I thought Mannymoe&Jack; dude had calmed down somewhat from his last, miserable sojourn here.

The posts were more circumspect and the tone less aggressive. There were even attempts to engage in reasonable dialogue with some semblance of courtesy on display.

Now this. It just goes to show, the leopard doth not changeth its spots.

Or indeed, itth thpotth.

I'm not the one who threatened to kill a dog here.

I'm not the one talking about "goddamn dogs."

I'm quite calm. Calmness isn't discernible online, anyway.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    Nobody tell him about Ray Lewis or Donte Stallworth please.

Oops...

Stallworth actually made a mistake and admitted it and paid his price. His crime was an accident, not a deliberate scheme.

I think he handled himself about as well as possible in the aftermath. I don't think what he did marks him as a twisted and sick individual.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

Am I also responsible for the inevitable prison rape that will follow after he gets caught?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes, but what is your take on every other topic in the universe?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

I gave him warning.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yes, but what is your take on every other topic in the universe?

The correct one, of course!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

Am I also responsible for the inevitable prison rape that will follow after he gets caught?
    How would I get caught?

• Options
    Brian said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

How would I get caught?

They would find your DNA in the dog.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Brian said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

How would I get caught?

I don't get it. Could you please expand?

• PelvicDust said:
    Brian said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Sounds cool.

How would I get caught?

I don't get it. Could you please expand?

Time for a commercial break

• I wonder how Vick will be received when he comes out here to SF on Oct 10. Ill be there; maybe I'll sport the SPCA throwback.