May Finds.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Vienna flea market finds

(Bottom 2 are Len Barry "1-2-3"/"Bullseye" and Clarence Carter "Backdoor Santa")

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Some Ra

Playing it loud hoping to usher in the warmth

• Some of the more interesting 50?? finds of this week so far:

Nice jazz song from the Navy record(which is a bit odd considering that the rest of the record is folk music):

Two songs from the Shekinah LP:

Anyone familiar with the Ballads of a Wandering Bard record? Cool late 50s folk on Accent with western music on the B side.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    Some of the more interesting 50?? finds of this week so far:

Nice jazz song from the Navy record(which is a bit odd considering that the rest of the record is folk music):

Anyone familiar with the Ballads of a Wandering Bard record? Cool late 50s folk on Accent with western music on the B side.

Is that the same Shekinah band who has that good xian record on Eden records out of MN?

• Sunfade said:
    bobtheorange said:
    Some of the more interesting 50?? finds of this week so far:

Is that the same Shekinah band who has that good xian record on Eden records out of MN?
    Nah, this group is out of Estacada, Oregon.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Saturday was a great day, the 5th installment of the record show we run here in Seattle was killer.
    Tons of great records were had by all. Above are the highlights of my keepers.
    Plus a pic of some celebrity customers.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Nice Magnum.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    all bought or traded for in my front yard today. drank beer and talked records with hundreds of people.

BOSTON KNOWS HOW TO PARTY ... WITH RECORDS

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    glad you got the bailey finally!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    cpeetz said:

Saturday was a great day, the 5th installment of the record show we run here in Seattle was killer.
    Tons of great records were had by all. Above are the highlights of my keepers.
    Plus a pic of some celebrity customers.

Great show, thanks cpetez and greasy.

Thanks LW! Good to see you... I hope it was worth the drive up from PDX.

• Lifeboat.....ill horn rock, similar to Tower of Power.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    cpeetz said:

Totally worth it.
    Didn't get to shop, and just picked up some stuff like Carter Family, Pilgrim Travelers reissues for cheap.

But I sold this:

And some other hot garage and soul 45s and put some money in my pocket.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    found some nice, cheap soul-jazz last weekend....the cbc record is nick ayoub "music of nick ayoub" which must be one of the best titles in the series.

]

LaserWolf said:
    cpeetz said:

Totally worth it.
    Didn't get to shop, and just picked up some stuff like Carter Family, Pilgrim Travelers reissues for cheap.

But I sold this:

And some other hot garage and soul 45s and put some money in my pocket.

That's right I forgot you sold that Atilla and The Huns 45. Selling that record alone made your trip worth it.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    found some nice, cheap soul-jazz last weekend....the cbc record is nick ayoub "music of nick ayoub" which must be one of the best titles in the series.

Some nice bits in there, N.

The CBC archives are certainly making their way onto the market....grabbed this one the other day:

HOLLAFAME said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

The CBC archives are certainly making their way onto the market....grabbed this one the other day:

hey, did you grab that off the tuneup auction? how was the calgary show the other week?

i have a line on a collection that is about to come to market in the peg but who knows how it will all play out. i dropped the ball big time when i had the chance to go in for it... the rumours had been that the cbc libraries were pillaged long ago but that is obviously untrue. the only bummer is that alot of the records i have be seeing lately are covered in stickers, call number, etc....wonder if a dayton sidewinders will turn up.

really want that billy robinson blend and wayne mcghie amongst others

That Ayoub is the shit, I've got the white version. Nice haul Cmger.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

hey, did you grab that off the tuneup auction? how was the calgary show the other week?

i have a line on a collection that is about to come to market in the peg but who knows how it will all play out. i dropped the ball big time when i had the chance to go in for it... the rumours had been that the cbc libraries were pillaged long ago but that is obviously untrue. the only bummer is that alot of the records i have be seeing lately are covered in stickers, call number, etc....wonder if a dayton sidewinders will turn up.

really want that billy robinson blend and wayne mcghie amongst others

No, that came out of the CBC library here in Calgary. One shop scored the whole lot and has been leaking it out bit by bit. The show was alright, not like last year when I gripped that McGhie! Did get an OG Assagai on Vertigo, though (see earlier in thread).

Tuneup sold that McGhie for a lot less than I expected (same with Montreal Scene and Beverly Copeland). My guess is that has to do with the radio stickers and markings, etc.

If there is anything specific you are looking for, let me know and I'll keep my eye out here.

Been seeking for this one going on 5 yrs... it got too expensive of late. Finally found a copy w/ a mint disk and writing on the cover that cut the price down, always like that combo. Surprisingly solid lp for a young set of siblings who pack it full of og material.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ive never come across that record.

some finds from this last month from a variety of sources (stores, fleas, a show, trades, strutters and a storage unit)

meters is mint in shrink
    dee felice is wrecked but playable (and free). which is fine since i never would have paid for one

roy and melvin are reissues. gor mel price from waxpoetics sale for $3

magnificent men is dope! definitely checked for that after hearing it chatted up on here

mike and dave w/ boogie boys and high power rap.
    ojays signed concert program in the background

impala is sick!!! buckinghams is damn good
    other side of the ojays program

minoru from sheep for a pretty penny, but im happy to have it
    unreleased Latee from DWG. extremely happy to have it

finally got the Prohbited by Law. quality alaskan rap LP, recorded or maybe pressed in Wash state
    Cohran came to me very unexpectedly but im thrilled to have it in rotation

some of the reggae keepers 7s from the storage unit:
    havent got around to listening let alone picturing the reggae LPs. lotta records this month!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    picked this 45 up last week, thought some of you guys might dig the song or find it amusing.. record store related

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts

big up to new strutter Bumpsie for hooking these up via his setsail:

dang, how did i miss that list?
    i got that piano explosion record somewheres but havent listened to it in years

tripledouble said:
    dang, how did i miss that list?
    i got that piano explosion record somewheres but havent listened to it in years

i think he still has a few lists posted in the classifieds, go back a couple of weeks.

eric thoner piano explosion is sort of a letdown as an album but it does have 1-2 really solid racks with good drums such as this one (is that charly antolini on drums?):

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

Just found at the flea. Does anyone know this album?
    It is totally mindblowing, imho. Very nice private press funky krautrock.

The only song I could find on youtube. More folky psych this one, though: