Which instruments you play

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
I had flute lessons for more than ten years, abandoned the instrument for many years and have started to play again one year ago.
Played baritone sax in the school bigband but never had my own instrument. Was fun to play but really exhausting.
Recently I picked up a melodica at the flea and keep constantly working on my Augustus Pablo steez.
Also like to play a bunch of percussion instruments and everything else you can beat on. My son enjoys little concerts on marmelade jars while we're sitting at the breakfast table and he's picking up on the bongos quickly.
Always wanted to learn drums as a kid but wasn't allowed to (small flat related). Thinking about taking lessons now.

What are you all playing?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I'm in a reggae band. I play the triangle... n'ting.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Guitar
    Electric at junior shred level, power chords a speciality. Metal with distortion is so much fun.
    Acoustic I can play to a decent finger-picking level, Stairway with all the trimmings for days.

Keyboards is something I've aspired to forever but never got further than three finger chords, and have now resigned myself to abandonment.
    That Roland guitar synth is a godsend.

I'll play ANY tune on a kiddies glockenspiel doe.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I played tenor sax back in the day. Haven't busted it out in a while, though, because I don't really have a good place to practice. I would like to get back on it sometime soon.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Guitar / Bass
    Drums
    and a tad bit of Piano

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    guitar
    bass
    drums
    double bass
    voice
    keys
    harmonica
    & then a bunch of stupid party pleasers like ukulele, pan pipes, ocarina.....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Disco_Che,

I play drums, various percussion instruments, and keyboards. Back in the day, I played cello as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    DRUMS

every day.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Started w/ the piano as a kid and played until my teens, though I never had a teacher I'd give a passing grade to. Played the flute for a while in the school band. Then the guitar and sundry percussion things.

• I play Guitar (Bossa Nova, Jazz, and formerly a 13 piece funk band) and Sing (Classical, and now an acapella group)

Glad to hear people talking about playing music, instead of just buying and selling it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I sing and play guitar! On the side I also play some.. Bass, Drums, Percussion &a little Keys & Clarinet.

I'm normally making music, but there is no one in my city that I've been interested in playing with recently. Pursuing more of a SOLO route now.

- Diego.

• Guitar
    Songwriting
    Bandleading
    Some bass.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    acoustic! love it

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    I can play guitar and bass and keyboards and I can do ok on drums.
    After a million years of making beats and music on computers and electronic hardware I'm really enjoying just playing the piano now we've got an upright in the house (and no neighbours to bother).
    Digging for sheet music in charity shops this weekend has yielded a book of Chopin Nocturnes, Carnaval Op. 9 by Schumann and Lyric Pieces by Grieg (none of which I'll be able to play, except the slow movements in easy keys).
    Love playing the piano.

• bass
    guitar
    keys

none of them well enough to perform; all of them well enough to make beats with

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have played guitar since I was 15. I still play in a hardcore punk band, we played two shows this weekend. Playing music is loads of fun, even if it's disconcerting sometimes playing shows with people less than half my age.