record store day 2012

subsub 311 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
anything worth running across the city for either because it's a great release or it's incredibly rare and flipable? didn't really come across anything i would want other then the jack white 12" that filled with liquid but this is only hitting one store in nashville.

Comments

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    I just read about the Pharcyde box set with 7", CD's, poster, puzzle and box that says "aww shit" when it's opened! A few rare or unreleased beats on the CD's! The printing of the 7" sleeves looks really good!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    snicka_g said:
    I just read about the Pharcyde box set with 7", CD's, poster, puzzle and box that says "aww shit" when it's opened! A few rare or unreleased beats on the CD's! The printing of the 7" sleeves looks really good!

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm a big fan of the production on that record and would love to read j swift's liner notes. Cool packaging too.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    The Shuggie Otis purple vinyl 45 with an unreleased song from the Inspiration Information sessions.

• 'Suppose it's time to chime in on this one (after lurking for about 8 years, let's blame that on real-world moves):

Dutch reissue label Doroth?? Records releases its first 7" in cooperation with composer Ruud Bos. It contains the tracks 'Naked Plus' and 'Model Session' from the OST to the 1973 B-movie Naakt over de Schutting [Naked over the Fence]. This will be a Dutch Record Store Day release. Fully licensed, 200 copies, hand-numbered with a silk-screened sleeve. This will not be repressed, no matter the demand.
    Attached files

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    So what are the "grip and flip" raers for this record day?

Controller_7 said:
    snicka_g said:

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm a big fan of the production on that record and would love to read j swift's liner notes. Cool packaging too.

No problem! I'm really hoping to find this at a fare price! It just looks so dope, the printing, the unreleased beats and to have the 7" box say "awwww shiiitttt!" when you open it! I'd probably wear out the battery from opening it all the time!
    BTW - I wish your forum was still around, I was introduced to tons of great music from it!

Light in the Attic also have some great releases for Record Store Day!
    Check out the Stax/Volt box set "Never to be Forgotten!"

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I really want that Pharcyde 45 box but can't really afford to line up at 6 am with the kids. Record store day is huge in my city with the local shops breaking sales records every year. I'm all for kids buying music but can't really deal with the crowds. Any special record store day releases are gone within 15 mins of the doors opening. Bah Humbug.