Red Bull Music Academy

deanosoundsdeanosounds 181 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Has anyone had the chance to go to this? It's in London this year and I really want to go. Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've never been personally but I know folks who have and they all give it a big fat co-sign. I've always wanted to go but it's pretty damn tough to work out given an academic teaching schedule.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, it sounds great. I know some or at least one person on here has been. I know some of us tried, but were denied too.

Sounds like a great opportunity.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    actually my goal was to step my game up to an extent which authorises an application this year. i think i lost

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I've been to the very first 11! years ago (f*ck getting older), and it is absolutely worth it. The people involved are still the same and apart from our boards' own Lord Radio, Big Chan, and the Diabolical BIZ I've heard nothing but good stuff. But these are two other stories....

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I got to attend some of the shows, panel discussions and interviews when it was hosted here in Seattle a few years ago. Everything was very cool. Jake Uno could really break it down for you as he is very involved with the academy.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i know three people that have been and they said it was defenitley worthy. eating cornflakes in greece with chuck-d would be surreal.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Tribe 4 Life

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    well worth a listen!

Various Assets - Not For Sale 2011' is a collection of some of the music that was made during the Red Bull Music Academy during four autumn weeks in Madrid last year. The double CD contains 35 tracks composed, improvised and discovered by the 60 international participants and ten studio team members, who all got their fingers dirty on synths, Mellotrons, vibraphones, drum machines and anything else they could lay their hands on. Enjoy!

http://rbma.bandcamp.com/album/various-assets-not-for-sale-a-selection-of-tunes-recorded-at-the-red-bull-music-academy-madrid-2011

• Yep, I've attended and it's a must do.. Only tip is try not to be intimidated, lot of people with serious skills there. Get stuck in from the outset.... Enjoy...