scion iq digital museum: strata records, inc. exhibit

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
For the last two years, my good friend Linh Troung, Josh Dunn, and myself have worked on an exhibit on Strata Records, Inc for the Scion IQ Digital Museum! Here you will see everything you every wanted to know or didn't know about this legendary Detroit label! Furthermore, I have secured an exclusive license agreement with the owner of the label to reissue the entire Strata Records catalog which consists of more than 90-100 masters. As many of you know, there were six or seven official releases but I have access to several dozens unreleased masters. I encourage everyone to to visit our exhibit! EnjoY!!

http://www.scioniqproject.com/guided-tours/strata

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dope. I know how hard you guys worked on this, it's great to see it come to fruition.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    So does this mean unreleased Strata LP's coming out soon?
    Is the unreleased stuff featuring any known artists (Malawi, Lyman Woodard, Dennis Coffey?)

When can I get timmy digalot about it?

• timmy digalot question: were strata and strata east connected in any way?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    this is amazing man, congrats.

• when you check the site you will see that it explains everything but they were connected still two different labels....there are def unreleased lps coming. from some of the people you mentioned and others really no one has ever heard of. i will be posting up a newsletter from my label (180 Proof) later this week breaking down the first release and what else is to come.

amir

• the first release will be kenny cox-clap clap (a joyful noise) tentatively in june followed by the lost CJQ album and more unreleased gems....

amir

• By the way, I spelled my good friend and product manager's last name wrong...it should be Linh Truong! My bad Linh typing too fast! Stay tuned I will more info and news on strata soon!

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Awesome!
    Got a Fish Feet cd from Japan so love to have this on vinyl !
    Btw: haven't heard from you since our last contact...
    Erwin from Demonfuzz Records

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This is an excellent project. Thanks Amir--your passion and commitment is evident.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    just...wow...phenomenal work, can't thank you enough. will this be vinyl only? a good idea might be a cd box set like the p-vine japanese black jazz and tribe collections. i say a good idea...well, i would buy it

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Rishan said:
    just...wow...phenomenal work, can't thank you enough. will this be vinyl only? a good idea might be a cd box set like the p-vine japanese black jazz and tribe collections. i say a good idea...well, i would buy it

cd ... wazzat then !#?

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    [cd ... wazzat then !#?

i point blank refuse to believe i am the only one here who buys them!

• Rishan said:

thank you very much! yes, there will be cd box set too and as well as other unique things.

amir

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    [
    thank you very much! yes, there will be cd box set too and as well as other unique things.

amir

money spent before it's even in the pocket!!!

• Hey Erwin,

Sorry man I was busy trying to book that tour which went well for me! Plus, I was trying to pac because I had to move right after I got back from Europe. I am coming back to Europe May 9-21. Would love to come to Rotterdam..let me know!

The thing is that the Japanese CD didn't have the OG artwork which is ill. The release on vinyl have it.

amir

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Great looking site. A nice contribution to the history of the label. Please keep us posted on release information.

davidwingate said:
    Hey Erwin,

Sorry man I was busy trying to book that tour which went well for me! Plus, I was trying to pac because I had to move right after I got back from Europe. I am coming back to Europe May 9-21. Would love to come to Rotterdam..let me know!

The thing is that the Japanese CD didn't have the OG artwork which is ill. The release on vinyl have it.

Alrighty, we'll hook up someday, I'm sure of that ;)
    Can't wait for those releases, man.
    Are you gonna do a numbered edition?

amir

• MR_ZIMMS said:
    davidwingate said:
    Hey Erwin,

Alrighty, we'll hook up someday, I'm sure of that ;)
    Can't wait for those releases, man.
    Are you gonna do a numbered edition?

amir

numbered editions and limited edition apparel too my man based on some of the artwork.!

Wow, can't wait. Bought 2 cd's from my man Leonard King with 2 unreleased Lyman Woodard gigs from the '70's. Incredible stuff. Such a nice man, he sent me the Lyman Woodard tribute cd as a gift as well !

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Maulawi's Root In 7/4 Plus changed my life.
    I'll visit the website. Thanks.