CTI Records

2»

Comments

• Allan Holdsworth on CTI has some seriously chill guitar joints.

Jim Hall "Concerto" is sublime.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    fuck that. cti got timeless shit. wtf yall dont like collard greens no more?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Attn: Soulhawk and Bald Danny

YES

• I haven't listen to this in a while but I remember it being pretty good:

Freddie Hubbard / Stanley Turrentine ??? In Concert Volume One

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    RAJ said:

what it do Rick

yeah man, that Deodato 'Prelude' was my shit when I was a youngster - 'Also Sprach' used to scare the shit out of me when I was 4. that was one of the few 'cool' records my parents had, the rest was percy faith wet t-shirt like whoa

sept 13 has a break

yuichi stay gargling cum

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I loled

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I've never unnderstood why Turrrentine's Salt song is so overlooked. Really dope music. Eric Gales Guitar bridges are pretty mesmerizing on Gibraltar - check out 7.24 - like acid Szabo. I Told Jesus is the ultimate louge track. One of the best CTIs.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    RAJ said:

what it do Rick

yeah man, that Deodato 'Prelude' was my shit when I was a youngster - 'Also Sprach' used to scare the shit out of me when I was 4. that was one of the few 'cool' records my parents had, the rest was percy faith wet t-shirt like whoa

sept 13 has a break

yuichi stay gargling cum

So for you this would be filed if it was called Detroit Jack and the Freeballers? But because it is "common" = unlistenable? Garbage, dude.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    tabira said:
    I've never unnderstood why Turrrentine's Salt song is so overlooked. Really dope music. Eric Gales Guitar bridges are pretty mesmerizing on Gibraltar - check out 7.24 - like acid Szabo. I Told Jesus is the ultimate louge track. One of the best CTIs.

Word. Songs, musicianship, vibe, it's all there - it's a genuine classic and absolutely one of the best CTI releases. I'd say it's also one of Turrentine's best albums with all the players contributing something special to this LP. Jazz snobs don't know what they're missing.

• that turrentine record is quite good. eric gale's solo in this can't be denied and it also has a very good break at the end.

• Dante said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

you seem like a nice fellow who doesn't deserve the inevitable clonning that is about to come your way.

SoulStrut is dying!

Seriously, i think George Benson - Beyond Blue Horizon is a good record.

yes

i'm also partial to the abbey road album, bad benson (my latin brother'), Patti Austin 'Havana Candy', and the Freddie Hubbard live vol 1 pictured above.

So, anyway, Pablo records, hot or not?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• I once reviewed the best IMO ten 6000 matrix CTI joints for Elemental magazine (RIP) about a decade ago. The next month Diamond D wrote in a completely ass hurt letter that was published int he letters section about how I didn't include Dave Mathews Dune and how I wasn't there in the parks in the bronx and who the fuck was I anyways blah blah blah.

Dave Mathews Dune is 7000 series.

4YearGraduate said:
    I once reviewed the best IMO ten 6000 matrix CTI joints for Elemental magazine (RIP) about a decade ago. The next month Diamond D wrote in a completely ass hurt letter that was published int he letters section about how I didn't include Dave Mathews Dune and how I wasn't there in the parks in the bronx and who the fuck was I anyways blah blah blah.

Dave Mathews Dune is 7000 series.