Adam Sandler

2»

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Hypothesis: This guy is only big in the US. Any Euro/Asia/Aussie Strutters (dis-)agree?

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    You sophistos are trippin. Grandma's Boy is great. BITD everytime we got high my boy would put on Sandler's tape with the goat skit. Hopefully I'll never have to hear that again.

• leon said:
    Hypothesis: This guy is only big in the US. Any Euro/Asia/Aussie Strutters (dis-)agree?

I always thought of him as a poor mans Ben Stiller.

Sandlers new movie where Rex Ryan is his Tom Brady loving lawyer looks alright though

• HarveyCanal said:
    Waterboy is awesome.

And I think Shawshank is a great movie.
    I thought everbody else did too?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Billy Madison = Stoner Classic

Oh and his production company makes some dope movies too... See Grandma's Boy

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    though I defended Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore earlier, I do have to say that I haven't liked or bothered to watch much that he's done since then, though Zohan was much funnier than I expected.
    I also think I might have liked Anger Management though I don't remember anything about it ... and I watched it with someone who can screw up my movie perception.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Anger Mgmt is good.
    Anger Mgmt
    Billy M
    Happy G
    Waterboy

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    leon said:

I think many people in the UK recognise that he's a big star in Hollywood terms, even if they're never entirely certain why that is. Some of his earlier movies were hits in the UK (The Waterboy, The Wedding Singer), but lately it's tended to be the ones where he's paired with another already familiar name, like Anger Management or 50 First Dates. Because Saturday Night Live was never on one of the main UK networks, this means that, like a lot of its ex-cast members, Sandler doesn't have the advantage of already being familiar to British audiences from TV. The success of his movies tends to depend on whether or not they're actually funny, which is why I imagine Will Ferrell or maybe even Kevin James would probably beat Sandler out in a popularity contest with non-US audiences. Some of Sandler's movies are funny enough, I guess, but personally I've never felt the slightest urge to watch anything just because he happens to be in it.

• the kids I work with are borderline low functioning and have behavioral disorders and they absolutely love Adam Sandler, McDonalds, and Gucci Mane...so I feel pretty well adjusted to say all three of those thing suck and represent what appeals to borderline low functionIng adolescents with behavioral disorders.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    never got into the oh hey if i yell it instead of saying it i will make it funny humor

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    WELL THAT'S JUST TOO BAD FOR YOU, BUDDY!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    never got into the oh hey if i yell it instead of saying it i will make it funny humor

Once again something that COULD'VE BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION YESTERDAY!

DJ_Enki said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Once again something that COULD'VE BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION YESTERDAY!

Hello Carl. NICE??? TO??? SEE... YOU.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

• "Funny People" is one very long and depressing string of dick jokes basically.

Two redeeming qualities are Eric Bana (hilarious) and the movies Sandler's character does and which the kids watch with him (I'm sure he thought this was really ironic, but the fact remains that he DOES make movies every bit as dumb as the ones he attempts to parody in this movie).