paypal chargebacks [aka the philly beatdown]

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    asp & sipreano

be sure to mention all of us in your correspondence with PP.. it can only help our case.

good luck dudes.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    damn, someone make a new thread calling this dude out, hes got some mad splainin to do....

done.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hopefully the fact that he's charging back everyone he's ever done business with is enough proof on its own that they're not legitimate chargebacks???

• " The email address [email]ptq28@hotmail.com[/email] is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of -2."

oh yeah what is his ebay id ?

i want to try and contact other people he has dealt with see if they are having the same problem.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    when i tried looking up his id it only gave me that information. wouldn't give me his ebay name because i haven't sold him anything on there.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    breaking news

i just called him twice.

the first time i asked to speak to ravi, to which he replies after a brief pause "you've got the wrong number" i then ask, "then who am i speaking to?" he hangs up..

a few minutes pass and i'll him back and say 'i just called a minute ago, is this XXX-XXXX? to which he replies 'no'.. but my cellphone doesn't lie, that was the number i dialed. he's asks who i'm looking for, i say ravi.. he then launches into his explanation about chargebacks.. i never even mentioned chargebacks.

he's blaming it on his son, and gave me another # to call. mind you, this 2nd # has the same prefix as ravi's which leads me to believe that it's his partners number in the same dorm.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    hopefully the fact that he's charging back everyone he's ever done business with is enough proof on its own that they're not legitimate chargebacks???

that is EXACTLY was I was thinking. Paypal must look at this situation and smell somthing too.

• this 2nd # has the same prefix as ravi's which leads me to believe that it's his partners number in the same dorm.

"They are on to us!!!"[/b]

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    PAYPAL ID: rowboat610

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

this 2nd # has the same prefix as ravi's which leads me to believe that it's his partners number in the same dorm.

"They are on to us!!!"[/b]

Ravi is an ass, but that was funny.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Wow, this dude seems more shadier than Lionel Hutz. I hope he gets every fucked up thing that he deserves. And I hope y'all get y'all money back.

• GET READY FOR THE 7"!!!!!

AY YO

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

that is EXACTLY was I was thinking. Paypal must look at this situation and smell somthing too.

Paypal doesn't operate like that. I sold some stereo equipment to a dude once and he didn't like it. First he chargedback and claimed I misrepresented the item. Paypal denied his claim. A week later I got another chargeback from him again claiming he never received it (!!!). So, get this, Paypal allows him to collect $130 from my account. Not the full amount (about $600) but $130. Huh? If he didn't get it why are you not giving him his full amount?

Paypal is fucked up.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Wow, this dude seems more shadier than Lionel Hutz. I hope he gets every fucked up thing that he deserves. And I hope y'all get y'all money back.

more breaking news

i called dude back and worked under the assumption that dude was ravi's dad just to let him know that it's impossible for his son to have a paypal account under his own name, with another person's CC #.. dude was shook, and assured me that he will be working it out. i'm like "i'm out 200$, how's getting back in touch with me going to help? you're going to make good on your son's purchases?" he says yes.

we'll see.

brass knuckles are polished and ret to go

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ptq28

name ravi padiyar

address

15 Gladwynn Drive
    Reading, PA 19606
    United States

dave

Any Philly strutters need a hundred bucks? Must own your own crowbar and/or aluminum bat.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

In the words of Kool G. Rap, "Can we take 'em to war?"

• more news.

i emailed some of the people from his ebay feedback and they have all been burned by this guy.

so far it is
    8 people burned

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    more news.

i emailed some of the people from his ebay feedback and they have all been burned by this guy.

so far it is
    8 people burned

how recent are the burns?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Any Philly strutters need a hundred bucks? Must own your own crowbar and/or aluminum bat.

sounds like a job for

with his extensive vibrator gun collection, this will be a piece of cake

• more news.

so far it is
    8 people burned

how recent are the burns?

today.

i have written pretty much everyone on his feedback list. so far three people have responded getting burned.

In... West Philidelphia born and raised
    on the playground is where I spent most of my days,
    chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool
    and all shooting some b-ball outside the school

When a couple of guys said "we're up to no good"
    started making trouble in my neighborhood,
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    she said "you're movin' with your uncle and auntie in Bel-Air"

• AREARE 34 Posts
    these chagebacks are a bunch of crap. I had it out with paypal awhile back. Because a rookie buyer did'nt get his package from the post office and they filed for a refund. Paypal gave them their money back including shipping(which does'nt go to the seller anyway) and then takes it from you. The package got rturned to me but ultimatly I loose because I eat the shipping cost. LAME I told the lady at paypal "are you kidding me? Where's my protection?paypal is making money off of me. My ebay rating does'nt hold any weight??

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Can't wait until Google comes out with their own payment system.

in all seriousness, paypal is wack... they make a LOT of money, and it's fucked up they don't invest any of it back into being more thorough in their investigations...

also, it is VERY bad that Ebay and Paypal's policies are totally different in regards to refunds, etc. you'd think since they are extensions of the same company, they could come up with a unified policy on the issue...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    these chagebacks are a bunch of crap. I had it out with paypal awhile back. Because a rookie buyer did'nt get his package from the post office and they filed for a refund. Paypal gave them their money back including shipping(which does'nt go to the seller anyway) and then takes it from you. The package got rturned to me but ultimatly I loose because I eat the shipping cost. LAME I told the lady at paypal "are you kidding me? Where's my protection?paypal is making money off of me. My ebay rating does'nt hold any weight??

yeah. i don't have too much faith in paypal but i'm hoping this will be an exception. it'd be different if he only filed one chargeback. but at least eight or nine on the same day? come on now.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Can't wait until Google comes out with their own payment system.

yeah whats up with that?

• these chagebacks are a bunch of crap. I had it out with paypal awhile back. Because a rookie buyer did'nt get his package from the post office and they filed for a refund. Paypal gave them their money back including shipping(which does'nt go to the seller anyway) and then takes it from you. The package got rturned to me but ultimatly I loose because I eat the shipping cost. LAME I told the lady at paypal "are you kidding me? Where's my protection?paypal is making money off of me. My ebay rating does'nt hold any weight??

yeah. i don't have too much faith in paypal but i'm hoping this will be an exception. it'd be different if he only filed one chargeback. but at least eight or nine on the same day? come on now.

i'm thinking there has to be some kind of fraud protection on paypal. if there isn't that is seriously wack!