Rap You're Liking

Comments

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    To Herm, there is only former-roommate-rap and non-former-roommate-rap.

Ha! Shut it mouth, Harv.

Now plaese to post me some fun Bounce music, like that Little Richard samplin' one.

Ummm... having them little girls dance around in that video is super creepy, like those "countdown to 18" websites dudes would start for underage celebrities. I feel kinda gross now.

Yikes. I'm with Herm on this one.

THANK YOU.

I was like "Damn...not one other person here feels the way I do about this?!"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    ketan said:

Can't remember if I learned about this here or elsewhere, but I'm also feelin this at the moment:

Yep Tree has been killing it the last year. If you like that would also highly recommend his solo EP, his collaboration EP with Nemesis (Johnson & Johnson EP) and the recently released Tone Skeeta EP which is also all produced by Tree.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Junior said:

Yep Tree has been killing it the last year. If you like that would also highly recommend his solo EP, his collaboration EP with Nemesis (Johnson & Johnson EP) and the recently released Tone Skeeta EP which is also all produced by Tree.

Thanks. Will czech.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Ha! Shut it mouth, Harv.

Now plaese to post me some fun Bounce music, like that Little Richard samplin' one.

Ummm... having them little girls dance around in that video is super creepy, like those "countdown to 18" websites dudes would start for underage celebrities. I feel kinda gross now.

THANK YOU.

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

• HamHam 872 Posts

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Ha! Shut it mouth, Harv.

THANK YOU.

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

Im not mad at bounce as a genre, but this one is skeevy.

The spycam-esque shots of the underage girls at the end of the block is kinda wrong, given the subject matter of the song.

Don't you work with school kids?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• HarveyCanal said:

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

Oh Harvey, you silly little twit. I'm the one who asked you to post Bounce in the first place, 'member??

But since you don't see anything creepy about it, maybe you should see if he'll allow you to bring your students to dance onstage at his next show!

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

Oh Harvey, you silly little twit. I'm the one who asked you to post Bounce in the first place, 'member??

But since you don't see anything creepy about it, maybe you should see if he'll allow you to bring your students to dance onstage at his next show!

Look, dude, if you can't handle the mere idea of of-age teenagers wanting to have sex with over-sexualized, under-age teenagers (and here they are even saying that they are waiting until the girls are actually of-age to do so), then you don't belong within 250 miles of bounce, end of story.

• Ham said:

At what point (roughly) did the Hip Hop aesthetic shift from "Fresh" to "Bizarre"

just wondering

• HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

Look, dude, if you can't handle the mere idea of of-age teenagers wanting to have sex with over-sexualized, under-age teenagers (and here they are even saying that they are waiting until the girls are actually of-age to do so), then you don't belong within 250 miles of bounce, end of story.

So what you're saying is...you are taking your students? Please refrain from posting YouTube video of that particular performance.

rootlesscosmo said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Ha! Shut it mouth, Harv.

THANK YOU.

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

Im not mad at bounce as a genre, but this one is skeevy.

The spycam-esque shots of the underage girls at the end of the block is kinda wrong, given the subject matter of the song.

Don't you work with school kids?

Gawd dog, why so sensitive to a blatant reality that none of your trumped uncomfortableness could ever change? Oh no, that 15 year old is turning up her skirt as she dances to a raunchy song. Call the police already. For real, y'all gotta get out of your comfort zones every now and then in order to appreciate that standards aren't the same everywhere you go. For instance, why is teenage sex a bad thing in the first place? It's been going on since the beginning of time. But here is our grand society to suddenly cast a frown upon it. Get over yourselves already.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'ALL DON'T LIKE BOUNCE.

So what you're saying is...you are taking your students? Please refrain from posting YouTube video of that particular performance.

If our students lived in New Orleans, there would be nowhere to take them...they'd already be there.

• Some of those girls are like 8 years old. THAT'S what makes me feel weird.

Herm said:
    Some of those girls are like 8 years old. THAT'S what makes me feel weird.

Okay, got a question for you: Was it Murs exactly who put you up on this whole faux outrage bit?

• HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Okay, got a question for you: Was it Murs exactly who put you up on this whole faux outrage bit?

Haven't talked to him in a few weeks, so no.

But faux outrage? I said it was creepy. Scroll up, holmes.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Haven't talked to him in a few weeks, so no.

But faux outrage? I said it was creepy. Scroll up, holmes.

Okay, I'm done. I will allow you to be creeped out without any further interference from me.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Herm said:

I agree the clip makes a grown man feel a bit wrong watching it....but that damn hook is catchy....hehehee

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Okem said:

Love this.

Anyway, back to my regular hyping of everything Tree is producing at the moment:

See, Herm, even with the most user-friendly bounce possible, you are still going to be offended (see 2:07)...

• that new Blu and Madlib album is pretty great
    this posse cut is extra cool: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.19124/title.blu-f-bubb-watts-swheatpee-lil-stoney-call-my-nga-prod-madlib

• HarveyCanal said:
    See, Herm, even with the most user-friendly bounce possible, you are still going to be offended (see 2:07)...

It's stupid of me to argue this with a man so careful not to say ANYTHING that could potentially be construed as a critique of New Orleans music, but Harvey, do you really see NO difference in a "I love my city" video with little kids dancing vs a video about "I can't wait 'til you turn 18" video with little girls dancing??

• Andre 3000 raps never fail to impress me:

http://www.listenbeforeyoubuy.net/listen/listen-gorillaz-doyathing-ft-andre-3000-and-james-murphy/

(Not sure how to embed that.)

"...and they talkin' 'bout 'Ah, he don't rap enough,' but y'all rap a lot and I'm like 'wrap it up,' boooy / You ain't Scarface, you ain't Willie D, you ain't Bushwick, you ain't killin' me / Better play wit'cha motherf***in' mama, betchoo still stay wit'cha motherf***in' mama / Keep sleepin' on me, I'ma rock my pajamas, in the day time I swear, I promise!"

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

It's stupid of me to argue this with a man so careful not to say ANYTHING that could potentially be construed as a critique of New Orleans music, but Harvey, do you really see NO difference in a "I love my city" video with little kids dancing vs a video about "I can't wait 'til you turn 18" video with little girls dancing??

No. Again and again, familiarize yourself with bounce music and you will ultimately find underage girls backing their asses up all over the place. It ain't no thang but what your own sick mind puts on it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Herm said:
    Andre 3000 raps never fail to impress me:

http://www.listenbeforeyoubuy.net/listen/listen-gorillaz-doyathing-ft-andre-3000-and-james-murphy/

(Not sure how to embed that.)

"...and they talkin' 'bout 'Ah, he don't rap enough,' but y'all rap a lot and I'm like 'wrap it up,' boooy / You ain't Scarface, you ain't Willie D, you ain't Bushwick, you ain't killin' me / Better play wit'cha motherf***in' mama, betchoo still stay wit'cha motherf***in' mama / Keep sleepin' on me, I'ma rock my pajamas, in the day time I swear, I promise!"

That beat is garbage, but Dre fuckin' murders it.

• Okem said:

definitely this. the new lil ugly mane album is great

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts