Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    heard about this yesterday....my only surprise is that they havent tried to do anything like this sooner. should be pretty comical to watch though, ipod/ipad/CD DJ's will be creepy outta the woodwork...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    heard about this yesterday....my only surprise is that they havent tried to do anything like this sooner. should be pretty comical to watch though, ipod/ipad/CD DJ's will be creepy outta the woodwork...

How can they objectively judge this though? I guess they will have short slots to do their thing, so expect bonkers attire/hair and scratching with obscure body parts. Because that is what makes a good DJ? Please let this not come to pass.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• obviously, skribble will be a judge

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    yeah its is weird i must admit thinking that simon and co will be judging this, i dont even know how they can fairly judge this either
    body tricks and swagger will be at the top of the list of course and "boots in the dryer" is what they'll be serving i am sure..

has there been any word on (dare i say) celebrity DJ's being involved in this?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Finally!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    If Will and Jada are involved, it's possible Jazzy Jeff would be a judge. That could give it some semblance of credibility.

That said, it will still suck.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Is it amateur-only like the singing competitions?

• http://www.bet.com/shows/master-of-the-mix.html

Isn't this just gonna be a wacker version of Master of the Mix?

• Paul Oakenfold amongst the panel no doubt....*cringe*

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Ultimately it will boil down to who can play the most top 40 tracks in the least amount of time playing that annoying horn sound effect & chirp scratching your name over the top.
    I was discussing this with a friend yesterday & he had a good point about the fact that it wouldn't work because it would be way too costly to clear all the songs.