NYC (moving-related)

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What hood has the best cupcakes?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    batmon said:
    Possum Tom said:
    the upper east side is seriously a post-college dormatory for wealthy white kids.

And "Hipsters" are poor?
    i think everyone has a different definition for what a hipster is, but if you're talking about artists and musicians that continue to pioneer in the boroughs, my answer is yes... many are poor. that's why they keep moving into low-rent areas. the yuppies that follow them with new businesses and condos, however, are not.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    batmon said:
    Possum Tom said:
    the upper east side is seriously a post-college dormatory for wealthy white kids.

And "Hipsters" are poor?
    i think everyone has a different definition for what a hipster is, but if you're talking about artists and musicians that continue to pioneer in the boroughs, my answer is yes... many are poor. that's why they keep moving into low-rent areas. the yuppies that follow them with new businesses and condos, however, are not.

At this point in 2012 I dont think NYU grad "Out Of Town Oliver" moving Brooklyn is any poorer than St. Louis Chet on 73rd and 3rd.
    Im just sayin dont rule out the "uncool" hoods.

• I can recommend my neighborhood of Prospect Heights / Crown Heights or "Pro-Cro" as the realtors are calling it these days. It's an express stop on the 2/3/4/5 line and it's still very affordable even though it's gentrifying rapidly. You can be at Grand Central in 30 minutes during rush hour.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    plz recommend good credit union that i can sign up for an account online and has decent atm access

• PatrickCrazy said:
    What hood has the best cupcakes?

There's a bakery called Magnolia's that is famous for cupcakes. Its definitely downtown, maybe in Tribeca.

Finding affordable housing in New York City requires so much fortitude and perseverance. I wish you the best of luck. You will find...something.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    cheapest way to ship records that will serve as decoration since i don't have turntables now?

b/w

anyone want to buy wax poetics 3-29?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    plz recommend good credit union that i can sign up for an account online and has decent atm access
    ok i am trying to roll with you OWS pplz but no one has come up with any recommendations yet

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'll be there February 13 - 19.

Let's do a Strut eat and drink get-together please.

• crazypoprock said:
    I can recommend my neighborhood of Prospect Heights / Crown Heights or "Pro-Cro" as the realtors are calling it these days. It's an express stop on the 2/3/4/5 line and it's still very affordable even though it's gentrifying rapidly. You can be at Grand Central in 30 minutes during rush hour.

I see LIC or the Financial District in your future.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I predict: this doesn't happen

Attached files

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BASSIE IM A DAY LATE

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Aw man...you're JFK and I'm LaGuardia - we could have had a quick drink at the airport bar.
    Congratulations! All the very best on this next chapter.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey PatrickCrazy (or the 'Strutter formerly known was Brian),

Welcome to the Big East, my man!!! Get at your boy if you're ever over in Dirty Jerz!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Full respect due.

me --> :walk_away_son:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thanks all. Forgot about this thread. I'm staying in WILLIAMSBURG with my cousin for now.

I need to buy boots and button up shirts for work. Anyone know of sales this week?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Thanks all. Forgot about this thread. I'm staying in WILLIAMSBURG with my cousin for now.

I need to buy boots and button up shirts for work. Anyone know of sales this week?

I actually just bought myself some new button-downs for work yesterday at Nordstrom Rack in Union Square. For boots, there's a DSW a block away, also in Union Square.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT KRAFTWERK AT MOMA?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Dude you live in Williamsburg get with the program

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit, i obviously need to. hoping not to live here, shits like an alternate universe for me

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so i saw snow for the first time the other day #sheltered
    peter luger has been my eating highlight besides this ill venezuelan joint in williamsburg
    first day at work is tomorrow so i get to find out if the "yeah polo and jeans are fine" is really true or not
    i think all i need to buy now are boots, any ideas?
    BATMON and others, how long until i can call myself a new yorker?
    how do i go to awesome music stuff that's in the middle of the week super late at night and not get fired from being hungover/falling asleep?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh yeah and wtf is there to do/eat around midtown east?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh yeah and stairs do marvelous things to girls

• You get to call yourself a New Yorker approximately 3,650 days after your arrival in the city.
    This is the law.

Midtown is pretty rough food-wise. This should help a little bit:
    http://midtownlunch.com/

PatrickCrazy said:
    BATMON and others, how long until i can call myself a New Yorker?

8 years.

But now w/ Times Square being for squares......10 years.

• Options
    PatrickCrazy said:

BATMON and others, how long until i can call myself a new yorker?

Might as well start right away, everyone else does.

Welcome!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Have you developed the sense that you are better than everyone else yet?

RAJ said:
    Have you developed the sense that you are better than everyone else yet?

• PatrickCrazy said:
    WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT KRAFTWERK AT MOMA?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if it was 8 days of planet rock, the strut would be tripping over itself to co-sign...

novocaine132 said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

if it was 8 days of planet rock, the strut would be tripping over itself to co-sign...

This isnt a MOMA crowd.