Ron Paul, Racist

Comments

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    DrWu said:
    This guy could give a damn about protecting kids, seniors and other marginalized groups. He is an ideologue of the worst sort.

And you think this about him why? Because he belongs to a different political party than you?
    Do all republicans/libertarians hate kids in your mind or is Ron somehow special?

DrWu said:
    "All problems can be solved through less government". It's a recipe for wide spread pain and suffering of the very communities that you so proudly claim.

Show me a human being on this planet who has made this statement.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Also the fact that Ronnie Paul said the only thing the US should offer to Haiti is "condolences".

Right, the US has negatively interefered with Haiti for 2 centuries straight. And for someone actually on the ball like Paul, the just conclusion becomes simply keeping our tyrant-propping, land-stripping, democratically-elected-president-kidnapping, refugee-returning, Mansanto-seed-wielding, loan-sharking, wholly exploitative noses out of it. But you don't understand such a concept, thinking anyone not white can't possibly survive without your "safety nets".

• Did Ronnie cash the checks those newsletters brought in? Yes, therefore he owns every fucking word printed.

Defend that, Paulbots

The_Hook_Up said:
    Fuck off. I find it curious you love someone who hates African Americans, latinos, women, and homosexuals. The fact that you think the police state will be abolished for everyone by electing this elf is hilarious. Sure if you are rich and white, it will. But for everyone else it will still exist. The thing is I know my wishes in an Obama presidency will occur...a more left leaning supreme court and an assurance that social safety nets will remain , but your wishes will never be met, even by your dude. You can claim white guilt to my mindset all you want, but deep down you seem to have some confederate flag waving in you. I know, I know you are from the streets and have many photos of you and the raps people, but deep down dude I think you are a fucking redneck.

I'm from the South and proud, so yes, my neck is a bit red, just like those of my black and Latino neighbors. And in that I live an integrated life where I can actively see the similarities between races on a daily basis, there is no need for me to manufacture trumped up empathy that comes in the form of supporting intrusive government policies and demending that every person who ever crosses my path be 100% politically correct in order to fill their function within society. You obviously have decades of Democrat indoctrination clogging your arteries, and sorry, dude, it will soon be exposed as a worthless endeavor to even attempt to hang onto that coagulated swill.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dear Zilla,

The basis for legal action to end American Apartheid was the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act in 1964 and 1965 respectively. I am unclear how you think we could have dismantled a state run system of discrimination and terror that was widespread across this nation. Similarly, I am not sure how people are going to take poisoners to court without legislation like the Clean Water Act on the books.

I know that many see the corruption of the federal govt and want to believe that reducing it or even eliminating it will lead to paradise but this is simply not the case. State's Rights is not just a buzz word. Jim Crow is the apotheosis of that kind of thinking. It really did exist. There really are duly elected state legislatures that would make any and all abortion illegal tomorrow if it were up to them. So I will throw my hand in with guys like Obama every day over the libertarians who wish for our better angels when history shows that we should not.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Did Ronnie cash the checks those newsletters brought in? Yes, therefore he owns every fucking word printed.

Defend that, Paulbots

Only after you defend illegally bombing children with drones, bailing out the banks, not prosecuting financial pirates, the signing of Patriot Act 3, not closing Guantanamo, trading guns for drugs in Mexico, trying to cover up the BP Oil spill, not creating a single job, the recession now being a depression, etc.

We already know like the back of our hands that your dude sucks. You are merely reaching for straws trying to speculate that our guy also sucks. But just go look at his Congressional record. He's just about the only dude who gives a fuck about any of us. And of course that looks evil to you. Whatever though, embrace becoming obsolete.

DrWu said:
    Dear Zilla,

The basis for legal action to end American Apartheid was the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act in 1964 and 1965 respectively. I am unclear how you think we could have dismantled a state run system of discrimination and terror that was widespread across this nation. Similarly, I am not sure how people are going to take poisoners to court without legislation like the Clean Water Act on the books.

I know that many see the corruption of the federal govt and want to believe that reducing it or even eliminating it will lead to paradise but this is simply not the case. State's Rights is not just a buzz word. Jim Crow is the apotheosis of that kind of thinking. It really did exist. There really are duly elected state legislatures that would make any and all abortion illegal tomorrow if it were up to them. So I will throw my hand in with guys like Obama every day over the libertarians who wish for our better angels when history shows that we should not.

In other words, you will keep backing known criminals. Cool story, bro.

• Obama made about 500 campaign promises. According to politifact, he has kept 78% of them and failed on 11.

A SAMPLE OF CAMPAIGN PROMISES KEPT BY PRESIDENT OBAMA:

No. 4: Extend child tax credits and marriage-penalty fixes
    No. 16: Increase minority access to capital
    No. 33: Establish a credit card bill of rights
    No. 36: Expand loan programs for small businesses
    No. 37: Extend the Bush tax cuts for lower incomes
    No. 38: Extend the Bush tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)
    No. 48: Close the ???doughnut hole??? in Medicare prescription drug plan
    No. 51: Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions
    No. 53: Give tax credits to those who need help to pay health premiums
    No. 55: Require large employers to contribute to a national health plan
    No. 56: Require children to have health insurance coverage
    No. 57: Expand eligibility for Medicaid
    No. 58: Expand eligibility for State Children???s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)
    No. 63: Require health plans to disclose how much of the premium goes to patient care
    No. 65: Establish an independent health institute to provide accurate and objective information
    No. 69: In non-competitive markets, force insurers to pay out a reasonable share of their premiums for patient care
    No. 70: Eliminate the higher subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans
    No. 93: Reinstate executive order to hire an additional 100,000 federal employees with disabilities within five years.
    No. 105: Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health
    No. 109: Fully fund the Veterans Administration
    No. 113: Expand the Veterans Administration???s number of ???centers of excellence??? in specialty care
    No. 121: Fully fund the Violence Against Women Act
    No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq
    No. 126: Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq
    No. 132: No permanent bases in Iraq
    No. 161: End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war
    No. 167: Make U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional on anti-terror efforts
    No. 172: Open ???America Houses??? in Islamic cities around the globe
    No. 182: Allocate Homeland Security funding according to risk
    No. 195: Seek verifiable reductions in nuclear stockpiles
    No. 196: Extend monitoring and verification provisions of the START I Treaty
    No. 197: Stand down nuclear forces to be reduced under the Moscow Treaty
    No. 215: Create a rapid response fund for emerging democracies
    No. 222: Grant Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba
    No. 225: Establish an Energy Partnership for the Americas
    No. 229: Expand the Nurse-Family Partnership to all low-income, first-time mothers
    No. 239: Release presidential records
    No. 241: Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions.
    No. 244: Provide affordable, high-quality child care
    No. 247: Recruit math and science degree graduates to the teaching profession
    No. 259: Reduce subsidies to private student lenders and protect student borrowers
    No. 269: Increase funding for national parks and forests
    No. 275: Expand Pell grants for low-income students
    No. 290: Push for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to include sexual orientation and other factors
    No. 293: Repeal ???Don???t Ask, Don???t Tell??? policy
    No. 315: Establish ???Promise Neighborhoods??? for areas of concentrated poverty
    No. 359: Rebuild schools in New Orleans
    No. 371: Fund a major expansion of AmeriCorps
    No. 411: Work to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear
    No. 422: Create new financial regulations
    No. 427: Ban lobbyist gifts to executive employees
    No. 433: Sign a ???universal??? health care bill
    No. 435: Create new criminal penalties for mortgage fraud
    No. 449: Raise fuel economy standards
    No. 458: Invest in all types of alternative energy
    No. 483: Invest in public transportation
    No. 495: Double federal spending for research on clean fuels
    No. 500: Increase funding for the Environmental Protection Agency
    No. 507: Extend unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspend taxes on these benefits
    No. 513: Reverse restrictions on stem cell research
    View the entire 7 page list here:
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/
    Again, please keep in mind that this is only a fraction of the promises he has kept. I don???t think there is another president in recent history who could present such a list.

• HarveyCanal said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Did Ronnie cash the checks those newsletters brought in? Yes, therefore he owns every fucking word printed.

Defend that, Paulbots

Only after you defend illegally bombing children with drones, bailing out the banks, not prosecuting financial pirates, the signing of Patriot Act 3, not closing Guantanamo, trading guns for drugs in Mexico, trying to cover up the BP Oil spill, not creating a single job, the recession now being a depression, etc.

We already know like the back of our hands that your dude sucks. You are merely reaching for straws trying to speculate that our guy also sucks. But just go look at his Congressional record. He's just about the only dude who gives a fuck about any of us. And of course that looks evil to you. Whatever though, embrace becoming obsolete.

also referred to as "deflection"

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Dear Zilla,

The basis for legal action to end American Apartheid was the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act in 1964 and 1965 respectively. I am unclear how you think we could have dismantled a state run system of discrimination and terror that was widespread across this nation.
    First of all, plenty of states had the "state run system of discrimination" in check. We were dismantling it, if you are unclear, read a book. Second I agree that the feds should have stepped in, in this case and I have never said otherwise. However I do not call people who disagree with me lunatics.
    DrWu said:

Similarly, I am not sure how people are going to take poisoners to court without legislation like the Clean Water Act on the books.

If someone poisons you you wouldn't know how to take them to court without the CWA?? WTF?

DrWu said:

I know that many see the corruption of the federal govt and want to believe that reducing it or even eliminating it will lead to paradise but this is simply not the case. State's Rights is not just a buzz word. Jim Crow is the apotheosis of that kind of thinking. It really did exist. There really are duly elected state legislatures that would make any and all abortion illegal tomorrow if it were up to them.

I never fucking said eliminating federal government would lead to paradise. Stop fucking putting strawmen in my mouth so you can suck them out. Jim Crow did exist. So did marijuana decriminalization. People can make good and bad laws from local or federal government. I do not hate black people and children.

DrWu said:
    So I will throw my hand in with guys like Obama every day over the libertarians who wish for our better angels when history shows that we should not.

Lets just hope he doesn't decide to kill you.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Defend that, Paulbots

Who are you arguing with dude? The newsletters are some nasty shit. So is murdering Muslim children by the dozen. One of them is happening RIGHT NOW.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    PaultardsGoWild said:
    z_illa said:
    Again, making shit up. This man delivers fucking babies for a living, and you are stating he doesn't care about child abuse.

Why do Paul's acolytes keep talking about him delivering babies for a living? He's been a career politician for 35 years and hasn't delivered "fucking babies" since before Jimmy Carter was President. Harping on those "fucking babies" here and now is just another illustration of the fantasy life of the average Paul true believer.

Fantasy life huh? I see you.

• z_illa said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Defend that, Paulbots

Who are you arguing with dude? The newsletters are some nasty shit. So is murdering Muslim children by the dozen. One of them is happening RIGHT NOW.

and the other could happen as soon as January 2013

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'd still take a mildly-racist Paul over the extra-judicial killing of American citizens.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Are you actually trying to make sense?

Abolishing the federal reserve. Stopping unnecessary and exploitative wars. Just those 2 things alone, can you even comprehend? Or do you actually eat Big Macs for breakfast?

Lol at Ron "The Deregulator" Paul being anti-corporate.

If I'm eating Big Macs for breakfast, you're mainlining them in the back alley.

• All of this is pretty moot argument anyway since Ron Paul doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of actually winning the presidency.
    Even in the remote, extremely remote, chance that he did, just how exactly would a Ron Paul presidency WORK?
    Ron Paul has sponsored 620 measures in his 11-and-a-half terms in Congress, but only one of them has become a law.
    Of the 47 bills Paul has proposed this year, 32 have failed to attract a single cosponsor.
    A record of futility. A promise of failure. Not good odds of getting much of his agenda through Congress.

And then there's the undeniable fact that he does not believe in evolution. Yeah, I really want that flat earth numbskull to be my President.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    sakedelic said:

And then there's the undeniable fact that he does not believe in evolution. Yeah, I really want that flat earth numbskull to be my President.

How many people did you just celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with who believe in evolution?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    z_illa said:
    DrWu said:
    Dear Zilla,

The basis for legal action to end American Apartheid was the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act in 1964 and 1965 respectively. I am unclear how you think we could have dismantled a state run system of discrimination and terror that was widespread across this nation.
    First of all, plenty of states had the "state run system of discrimination" in check. We were dismantling it, if you are unclear, read a book. Second I agree that the feds should have stepped in, in this case and I have never said otherwise. However I do not call people who disagree with me lunatics.
    DrWu said:

Similarly, I am not sure how people are going to take poisoners to court without legislation like the Clean Water Act on the books.

If someone poisons you you wouldn't know how to take them to court without the CWA?? WTF?

DrWu said:

I know that many see the corruption of the federal govt and want to believe that reducing it or even eliminating it will lead to paradise but this is simply not the case. State's Rights is not just a buzz word. Jim Crow is the apotheosis of that kind of thinking. It really did exist. There really are duly elected state legislatures that would make any and all abortion illegal tomorrow if it were up to them.

I never fucking said eliminating federal government would lead to paradise. Stop fucking putting strawmen in my mouth so you can suck them out. Jim Crow did exist. So did marijuana decriminalization. People can make good and bad laws from local or federal government. I do not hate black people and children.

DrWu said:
    So I will throw my hand in with guys like Obama every day over the libertarians who wish for our better angels when history shows that we should not.

Lets just hope he doesn't decide to kill you.

Who said anything about you hating black people? I am saying that libertarian policies will hurt the poor, the oppressed. You seem to not believe that devolving powers to the states will have this impact. I think you are not looking at the history of this country with clear eyes

Which states had the racist terror system in check? Who was dismantling Jim Crow all on their own? I am curious how I missed all of this progressive legislation and social transformation while I was an African-American studies major in college.

I didn't say you want to eliminate the federal govt. I said that Ron Paul wants to. Oh yeah he feels the need for a strong defensive military but the rest of the social safety net and the regulatory system or national policy on anything like energy, education, health care or the environment no way.

How will people who are poisoned by polluters take someone to court if polluting is not illegal which is what EPA regulations do? This is not a WTF question. Under what statutes would a person sue? I am curious?

• z_illa said:
    sakedelic said:

How many people did you just celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with who believe in evolution?

I'm sort of a lapsed atheist myself, but I come from a long ancestry of Christians. Both of my grandfathers were priests and one was the Dean of a major theological seminary. Father's a priest, two uncles priests...all of them believe in evolution. Evolutionary theory does not theoretically exclude the existence of a god. There is more scientific proof of the theory of evolution than there is of the theory of gravity. You don't see people floating off into space though, so most Christians trust scientific proof* while they hold onto their faith in a God.

*There is no survey, but there are 2 churches that explicitly don't agree with evolutionary theory. Assemblies of God, and Southern Baptist. Besides that all other Christian churches' positions are that either evolution is true, or they don't know which one is true. The vast majority favor evolution.

p.s. I spent Dec. 25 at home alone & listening to my records. I did not buy a single Christmas gift this year.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    1. Last campaign, Obama supporters did all they could to shout down anyone attempting to put Obama under a microscope...and I'm talking more than just the birth certificate issue here.

2. First thing Obama did as president was appoint a bunch of right wing maniacs to his cabinet.

3. I really can't believe that anyone still supports that lying sack of shit. But go right on in your parallel universe. Who's to stop you?

Talk to me.

3 years ago when I asked you to vote for Obama, I acknowledged his failings and admitted that he was a corporate shill.
    I told you when he did objectionable things I would protest.
    And I have. I have complained about Summers and Duncan and other "right wing maniacs" he has appointed. I have complained about his war, drug, enviormental and civil rights policies.
    I am sure you have seen me post my views here.

In my view I think he is a better choice than anyone of the Rs running, including Paul.

It is time for you to man up (like Rey did) and admit that you prefer Paul despite his racists statements.

I have protested here the Media and soulstrut attacks on Paul being a nutjob and out of the mainstream and unelectable.
    The attacks are unfair. He clearly is not a nutjob or out of the Republican voter mainstream.
    But those newsletters, in my opinion, are some despicable shit.
    That neither you, or Paul will admit that is very disturbing to me.

• PaultardsGoWild said:

Those "fucking babies" will just have to suck it up and learn to love their tumors.

Is that you MLJ? You have a distinctive writing style, I'll give you that.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    z_illa said:

This is some Jeremiah Wright BS.

See this is what I am talking about.
    Bringing up Wright was not unfair. Obama acknowledged that. He addressed it. He laid out what he believed and why he believed it and how it differed from Wright.

He didn't scream THEY are out to get me.

• hertzhog said:
    PaultardsGoWild said:

Those "fucking babies" will just have to suck it up and learn to love their tumors.

Is that you MLJ? You have a distinctive writing style, I'll give you that.

Ha! I knew he wouldn't be able to resist this thread.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Look, you seemingly good people were all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Wyclef Jean to the the detriment of Haiti, and here y'all are to noone's surprise all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Ron Paul to the detriment of your own counrty. I don't know when exactly y'all are ever going to pull the corporate, bitch-ass dicks out of your corporate, bitch-ass asses, but it would be really nice to those who give a fuck about anything beyond being in line with raging corporate, bitch-ass assholes if you'd do it sometime before any more innocent children get bombed by corporate, biitch-ass drones.

Yeah, we could all support a racist for president, and proclaim our respect for the Confederate flag. Then we wouldn't be bitch-ass drones! That'll pull the dick out of our ass.

HarveyCanal said:

2. First thing Obama did as president was appoint a bunch of right wing maniacs to his cabinet.

Yeah. Hillary Clinton. Eric Holder and Lawrence Summers are so far to the right.

B/W

Lincoln also tapped members of the other party to be in his cabinet. It's called having a diverse set of advisers. You should get familiar and get out of the bubble you live.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

Yeah, we could all support a racist for president, and proclaim our respect for the Confederate flag. Then we wouldn't be bitch-ass drones! That'll pull the dick out of ass.

We already have a racist for president. It's just not the race you care about.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Brian said:
    Any thoughts on this or is this thread still about hey i think dude might be racist/crazy/whatever but has never demonstrated any of that during his political career?

• z_illa said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Yeah, we could all support a racist for president, and proclaim our respect for the Confederate flag. Then we wouldn't be bitch-ass drones! That'll pull the dick out of ass.

Now I get it, z_illa is Glenn Beck!! wtf is that racist moron doing on soul strut?
    I'm out of here. Like they say, only a crazy person argues with a crazy person.

z_illa said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Give me a break. This is the best you have? "Obama's a racist"? :liljohn:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

so is a dude racist because a bunch of white soulstrut dudes say he is vs a crowd of black people riding for dude