Ron Paul, Racist

Comments

• P.S. for a physician/man of science not to believe in evolution is ridiculous. Probably believes that an imbalance of bodily humors contribute to most illnesses also...nutjob all around.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    P.S. for a physician/man of science not to believe in evolution is ridiculous. Probably believes that an imbalance of bodily humors contribute to most illnesses also...nutjob all around.

HarveyCanal thinks you're a shill.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    P.S. for a physician/man of science not to believe in evolution is ridiculous. Probably believes that an imbalance of bodily humors contribute to most illnesses also...nutjob all around.

C'mon bro.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    He is a crazy racist nutbag...
    As far as "but he is against war" rhetoric...The only reason he is against war and torture is because governments do it, but if private industry wants to employ 10 year olds and put them in harm's way in a factory, that's cool. If a private industry wants to manufacture tools of torture or bombs, or whatever, that's cool...it's a free market. Dude sounds like he wants to run for president in 1839, he wants to bring back the golden age of white privilege....he wants to create a new confederacy. "leave it up to the states" is such a bullshit catch-all for these libertarian fuckwads. If something is right, like allowing gays to marry, or for a women to have a choice when it comes to her body, it should be a federal law. States rights is simpleton talk for "mob rule." Libertarians want to legislate neglect and selfishness. He is against war and wants to stop the war on drugs, big fuckin' deal...he also wants to eliminate the very things that keep working people alive..like wage laws, free education, and health care. Fuck him.

Well said.

In my experience people who do not want to be racist acknowledge racist statements or actions when they are pointed out. And take actions to change their worldview, language, actions.

In my experience people who are racists deny that their statements or actions are racists. Which is why they prefix comments with "I am the least racists person in the world but...".

I would like to see Ron's supporters here acknowledge that these newsletters were printed under his name.

I would like to see Paul acknowledge that the newsletter, his newsletters, often promoted repugnant views that he not only disavows, but will work to change those views among others.

• It's not just the newsletters. Paul courted and liased with white supremacist and separatist groups when it suited him. Including the David Duke campaign. He denies these relationships or blames them on his staff. Not sufficient.

It's an amazing study in willfull ignorance to see dudes like Robert and, uh, Rob sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "nah nah nah nah I can't hear you."

I too would like a less interventionist foreign policy and an end to the drug war. But I'm afraid Mr Paul is as craven a politician as any when it's come down to it. Otherwise how can you possibly explain this history? His fans seem not to want to even try.

• This doesn't sound like a disavowal:

• The same people who criticize others for their "blind" love toward Obama are just as quick to disregard the serious faults of Ron Paul.

Any strutteur who even hinted at half of these sentiments would be run off this board.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Look, you seemingly good people were all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Wyclef Jean to the the detriment of Haiti, and here y'all are to noone's surprise all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Ron Paul to the detriment of your own counrty. I don't know when exactly y'all are ever going to pull the corporate, bitch-ass dicks out of your corporate, bitch-ass asses, but it would be really nice to those who give a fuck about anything beyond being in line with raging corporate, bitch-ass assholes if you'd do it sometime before any more innocent children get bombed by corporate, biitch-ass drones.

No, seriously, I love you, but y'all are some shill ass idiots who wouldn't know goodness if it fed you from its breast.

And if it all came down to it, bet that I would kick every one of your asses, no problemeo, just to prove that even if I'm wrong, you are still more wrong.

b/w

DRUNK POAST.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Look, you seemingly good people were all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Wyclef Jean to the the detriment of Haiti, and here y'all are to noone's surprise all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Ron Paul to the detriment of your own counrty. I don't know when exactly y'all are ever going to pull the corporate, bitch-ass dicks out of your corporate, bitch-ass asses, but it would be really nice to those who give a fuck about anything beyond being in line with raging corporate, bitch-ass assholes if you'd do it sometime before any more innocent children get bombed by corporate, biitch-ass drones.

HarveyCanal said:
    DRUNK POAST.

You must be drunk, because Ron Paul is the biggest corporate-enabler to come down the pike in 50 years.

The planet I live on is somehow not the same planet y'all live on. What are y'all going to do? Vote for McDonalds again? Here is a clear chance to shake shit up, but you want to be spiked dildo-ed again? Fine, you can't be helped. Got it.

• BTW... "blame the media" is on some Sarah Palin steez.

Whoooo? The platform has apparently just completely passed you by. A month ago...no way Ron Paul wins Iowa. Oh shit, he's about to win Iowa. Media smear campaign begin. Guppies jump to be the first with the hook in their mouth. Pull me into your boat just so that I know that I exist. I have to be part of the winning team even if that makes me its fodder. Never has a fuck you from me been so serious. And again, I like you folks.

• At least your average sleaze-bag politician wants to be bought.

Ron Paul wants to give it away for free.

Are you actually trying to make sense?

Abolishing the federal reserve. Stopping unnecessary and exploitative wars. Just those 2 things alone, can you even comprehend? Or do you actually eat Big Macs for breakfast?

• Every single politician who ever had a serious stab at any major office has been put under the microscope during an election. That's when your past is scrutinized and your skeletons revealed. To think "the media" is singling Ron Paul out because of the Great Threat he represents to Corporate Government is just some self-aggrandizing bullshit to be sure. Don't let your love for an idea get in the way of your critical assessment of facts.

The dude is a dude. He's got some good views on things and he's able to see through a lot of bullshit. It is extremely unfortunate though that the passionate opposition he voices towards military spending and the war on drugs is much more ambivalent when speaking on civil rights, health care, and a woman's right to choose.

• I guess it all comes down to what you can realistically expect from a president...I want a president that won't appoint right wing maniacs to the supreme court and won't butcher our social safety nets...the only person running that meets those credentials is Obama.

• I guess it all comes down to what you can realistically expect from a president...I want a president that won't appoint right wing maniacs to the supreme court and won't butcher our social safety nets...the only person running that meets those credentials is Obama.

1. Last campaign, Obama supporters did all they could to shout down anyone attempting to put Obama under a microscope...and I'm talking more than just the birth certificate issue here.

2. First thing Obama did as president was appoint a bunch of right wing maniacs to his cabinet.

3. I really can't believe that anyone still supports that lying sack of shit. But go right on in your parallel universe. Who's to stop you?

• HarveyCanal said:
    1. Last campaign, Obama supporters did all they could to shout down anyone attempting to put Obama under a microscope...and I'm talking more than just the birth certificate issue here.

2. First thing Obama did as president was appoint a bunch of right wing maniacs to his cabinet.

3. I really can't believe that anyone still supports that lying sack of shit. But go right on in your parallel universe. Who's to stop you?

There is a BIG difference between the manufactured hate that Obama endured (birther BS, secret Muslim) and actual criticism that has been documented and signed off by the accused like Ronnie's. Apples and Oranges dude.

• All of this is moot because a white elderly misogynist racist could never be president....oh shit, wait...at least it isn't 1980.

The_Hook_Up said:
    HarveyCanal said:

There is a BIG difference between the manufactured hate that Obama endured (birther BS, secret Muslim) and actual criticism that has been documented and signed off by the accused like Ronnie's. Apples and Oranges dude.

Bullshucks, y'all couldn't even handle putting his spinelss Congressional voting record under the microscope. Same way you won't scrutinize his deplorable 3 years as president so far. It's like you want to fuck him or something.

• HarveyCanal said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Bullshucks, y'all couldn't even handle putting his spinelss Congressional voting record under the microscope. Same way you won't scrutinize his deplorable 3 years as president so far. It's like you want to fuck him or something.

Have fun in an Obama second-term.

Whatever you say, Mr. White Guilt.

• Fuck off. I find it curious you love someone who hates African Americans, latinos, women, and homosexuals. The fact that you think the police state will be abolished for everyone by electing this elf is hilarious. Sure if you are rich and white, it will. But for everyone else it will still exist. The thing is I know my wishes in an Obama presidency will occur...a more left leaning supreme court and an assurance that social safety nets will remain , but your wishes will never be met, even by your dude. You can claim white guilt to my mindset all you want, but deep down you seem to have some confederate flag waving in you. I know, I know you are from the streets and have many photos of you and the raps people, but deep down dude I think you are a fucking redneck.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Look, you seemingly good people were all for the corporate, bitch-ass smearing of Wyclef Jean to the the detriment of Haiti...

Yeah, Haiti really didn't need two-thirds of the $16 mil. Wyclef's "charity" raised. They're much better off without the $10,666,666.7. Way to help your Ron Paul case, dude.

http://news.yahoo.com/wyclef-jean-squandered-haitian-relief-funds-report-214108289.html

• Also the fact that Ronnie Paul said the only thing the US should offer to Haiti is "condolences".

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    sakedelic said:
    Which policies that he advocates are racist?
    His position on private property rights vis a vis civil rights.
    And why?Because despite the perceived inequity to property rights, the Civil Rights Act has been a necessary tool against racist

I said policies, where does it state on his website that he would overturn the Civil Rights Act? Maybe it's racist to argue that the it wasn't needed in 1964, or 2012. But it also can just be talk. It is wrong, and he is wrong in this case. It is far from a campaign issue though.

Ron Paul said:
    I certainly join my colleagues in urging Americans to celebrate the progress this country has made in race relations. However, contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.

This is just not a statement I see as being racist, wrong yes, but wanting to return to slavery or regress, no.

sakedelic said:
    Which presidential candidate advances your feelings best? None.

Then you won't be participating in our democracy, correct? Also you answered none, when I said "best."

sakedelic said:
    As for his racist actions over the past 30 years, what part of pandering to the KKK, Aryan Nations & John Birch Society, having close friends and advisors, still, among those groups and knowingly publishing and selling racist literature for ten years do you not find indicative of a mentality that would write that shit?

Setting aside smaller issues to join together and work on bigger issues is fine in my book. What legislation have they advanced together? What has the Aryan's admiration of Paul actually produced? He's been in office a long time, I'm sure we'd have seen something by now. You do know that active duty service members overwhelmingly support him right? Ability to bring different groups together is a positive.

TheKindCromang said:

What does "the media" have to gain by smearing Ron Paul?

You are kidding right?

The_Hook_Up said:
    As far as "but he is against war" rhetoric...The only reason he is against war and torture is because governments do it

You are making this up.

The_Hook_Up said:
    but if private industry wants to employ 10 year olds and put them in harm's way in a factory, that's cool. If a private industry wants to manufacture tools of torture or bombs, or whatever, that's cool...it's a free market.

Again, making shit up. This man delivers fucking babies for a living, and you are stating he doesn't care about child abuse. I'll spare you the lesson in libertarianism, but arguing for more active and better courts rather than special government departments does not equal supporting child abuse. Funny you mention torture. Really.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Dude sounds like he wants to run for president in 1839, he wants to bring back the golden age of white privilege....he wants to create a new confederacy. "leave it up to the states" is such a bullshit catch-all for these libertarian fuckwads. If something is right, like allowing gays to marry, or for a women to have a choice when it comes to her body, it should be a federal law. States rights is simpleton talk for "mob rule."

Advocating for more local involvement in setting specific policies is the opposite of mob rule. According to Wikipedia, "states rights" is a loaded term. We are talking about a balance here, it is my opinion that the balance between city/county/state/federal government skews toward federal at this point. I think local, smaller legislation is where we see the most creative work going on. For good and bad. Medical marijuana/decriminalization, mandatory sentencing, highway funding/speed limit laws, smoking bans, I could go on and on. States rights can be code for racism. It can also be taken literally.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Libertarians want to legislate neglect and selfishness.

No, they want a court system that actually protects citizens, rather than a Department of Negligence and Selfishness policing.

The_Hook_Up said:
    He is against war and wants to stop the war on drugs, big fuckin' deal...

Huge deal actually.

The_Hook_Up said:
    he also wants to eliminate the very things that keep working people alive..like wage laws, free education, and health care. Fuck him.

You do know that he has personally given free healthcare to hundreds? How well is our system of free education working? I'm not going to touch wage laws, I disagree with him here, but it is not a campaign issue.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Oh how clever, let's run down the other things that Ronnie doesn't believe in....minimum wage, child labor laws, the civil rights act, manufacturing regulations, clean water laws, safe food laws, Medicare, social security, school lunches, Medicaid, pro-choice, aids funding...

He doesn't believe in a federally mandated minimum wage. He surely believes in a court enforced right to be payed adequately for labor. He thinks children should have more opportunities to work, I agree. No one thinks children should be abused. Not believing in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is not the same as not believing in civil rights. Not believing in federal food/water laws does not mean there are no penalties for poisoning people. His argument is that under a court system those penalties would be more severe and effective.

The_Hook_Up said:

You know what I find more ridiculous? Someone who claims to believe in both evolution and God, like our current hypocritical president. Undoubtedly Paul knows more about genetics and heredity than either of us. Is he really the first scientist you've met who also believes in God?

LaserWolf said:

I would like to see Ron's supporters here acknowledge that these newsletters were printed under his name.

I would like to see where we haven't. The newsletters were some typical Lew Rockwell shit. Lew is good at pissing people off. His words have never amounted to much.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    It's not just the newsletters. Paul courted and liased with white supremacist and separatist groups when it suited him. Including the David Duke campaign. He denies these relationships or blames them on his staff. Not sufficient.

This is some Jeremiah Wright BS.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    It's an amazing study in willfull ignorance to see dudes like Robert and, uh, Rob sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "nah nah nah nah I can't hear you."

I hear you dude. Can you hear me?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I too would like a less interventionist foreign policy and an end to the drug war. But I'm afraid Mr Paul is as craven a politician as any when it's come down to it. Otherwise how can you possibly explain this history? His fans seem not to want to even try.

Not convincing. What do you mean by "this history?" Maybe check his voting record for some history.

Really, I don't love the dude. Like is probably too strong of a word. I'd much rather vote for Gary Johnson, or hell even Jesse Ventura.

My vote for Ron is a vote against this, and this, and this.

You want to talk about putting fingers in ears, please.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Oi, as if the only way you could be anti-corporate is to hitch your wagon to this numbskull's train? How about anyone of the dozens of other community based, inclusive and progressive alternatives to his nonsense. I don't get you sometimes. This guy could give a damn about protecting kids, seniors and other marginalized groups. He is an ideologue of the worst sort. "All problems can be solved through less government". It's a recipe for wide spread pain and suffering of the very communities that you so proudly claim. Your non-drunk thoughts would be appreciated.