2011 Soulstrut Fantasy Football

Comments

• Good luck everybody!

b/w

How does the prize structure work, we never discussed the consolation match?

Like this?
    1st place: 10 records / cash
    2nd place: 2 records / cash
    3rd place(1st Consolation): one record / cash

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    barjesus said:

Like this?

Yes.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    so for those of us giving up a record, how do we decide who of the top 3 gets what records from who? if second place gets 2 records, who do they get them from?
    also, im not comfortable giving a record to someone in which i have no idea what type of music that person likes, or maybe has it or upon receiving it, doesnt want it so sells it or trades it in....
    i just dont want it to be a waste.... how are the losers going to determine what to send?

mateo said:
    so for those of us giving up a record, how do we decide who of the top 3 gets what records from who? if second place gets 2 records, who do they get them from?
    also, im not comfortable giving a record to someone in which i have no idea what type of music that person likes, or maybe has it or upon receiving it, doesnt want it so sells it or trades it in....
    i just dont want it to be a waste.... how are the losers going to determine what to send?

I was going to randomly assign certain people to send out their "prize" to certain winners.

I guess the winners can specify the type of music that they would prefer... the losers have the option to send cash instead if they are not flushed with rare Afro funk records... perhaps Paypal would work best?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    RAJ said:
    mateo said:

I was going to randomly assign certain people to send out their "prize" to certain winners.

I guess the winners can specify the type of music that they would prefer... the losers have the option to send cash instead if they are not flushed with rare Afro funk records... perhaps Paypal would work best?

Yeah, I was figuring it would be a surprise what each person sent. I was planning to send two sealed copies of all six of the records released and distributed on this one label, but if dudes aren't into rap, they'll get $25. You could get more by just selling the records if you're not into them.

• I'll worry about prizes later, right now I am poring over my lineup trying to not fuck up the decisions. It is so tempting to start Tebow against the porouse Pats defense. Also worried about Marshall with a backup QB. Probably gonna start two Cowboys which is just generally troubling on an ethical level for me. I think Zona v Cleveland is a good matchup for my D.

Regardless, it is really hard to beat one team three times in a season. I don't like my chances. :(

GenePontecorvo said:
    I'll worry about prizes later, right now I am poring over my lineup trying to not fuck up the decisions. It is so tempting to start Tebow against the porouse Pats defense. Also worried about Marshall with a backup QB. Probably gonna start two Cowboys which is just generally troubling on an ethical level for me. I think Zona v Cleveland is a good matchup for my D.

Regardless, it is really hard to beat one team three times in a season. I don't like my chances. :(

YOUR MODESTY DOES NOT FOOL ME, B****. For real, though, you have been a very gracious competitor all season. It's going to be an interesting matchup. I think my hopes will end up riding on Bradshaw and his busted foot. That does not exactly fill me with confidence.

• DB_Cooper said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    I'll worry about prizes later, right now I am poring over my lineup trying to not fuck up the decisions. It is so tempting to start Tebow against the porouse Pats defense. Also worried about Marshall with a backup QB. Probably gonna start two Cowboys which is just generally troubling on an ethical level for me. I think Zona v Cleveland is a good matchup for my D.

YOUR MODESTY DOES NOT FOOL ME, B****. For real, though, you have been a very gracious competitor all season. It's going to be an interesting matchup. I think my hopes will end up riding on Bradshaw and his busted foot. That does not exactly fill me with confidence.

2 evenly matched, quality bouts this weekend. good luck to all of us!

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    i just didnt want to feel like a large delta bravo for sending a record that person doesnt want...
    maybe next year, everyone lists available records before the season and then the winners can pick starting with first place...
    anyways good luck to those of u still ballin... i'll thank rivers for my losses...

• Big day today, good luck everybody!

• Good game, Fumble Brag. I was really nervous going in to this week, my dudes pulled it out of their ass (thankfully).

b/w

It's On, Route Tree!

• barjesus said:

It's On, Route Tree!

Good luck. The way your team is playing, I'm gonna have to dig deep to even have a sniff at the gold.

Congrats on a good battle and good season, D_B.

• barjesus said:
    Good game, Fumble Brag. I was really nervous going in to this week, my dudes pulled it out of their ass (thankfully).

b/w

It's On, Route Tree!

good game sir, my team just did not come out and perform this week. my worst loss of the season by far. good luck in the finals!

lets do this D_B!!

• RAJ said:
    barjesus said:

Like this?

Yes.

This seems flawed in that 2nd and 3rd are prize-winners but also prize contributors.

Shouldn't it be:

1st: 8
    2nd: 2
    3rd: 1

????

• GenePontecorvo said:
    RAJ said:
    barjesus said:

Like this?

Yes.

This seems flawed in that 2nd and 3rd are prize-winners but also prize contributors.

Shouldn't it be:

1st: 8
    2nd: 2
    3rd: 1

????

Yeah, that makes more sense. I had just copied and pasted from earlier in the thread.

• RAJ said:
    mateo said:
    so the 2nd/3rd place winners get records/cash and also give up records/cash?

The idea is the losers send the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cash and records with the split being 8, 2, 1. Top 3 get prizes and don't have to pint up anything.

Yes, this confirms the 8/2/1 split, which is what makes sense and as it should be.

And means I'm in the clear!

I want those 8 records/cash though. I'm grippin hard about this championship. Tryna cement my dynasty......

Good battle, GP, and good season err-body! At least I still have the consolation game to go. IT'S ON, COOKBOOK!

Also, I'd like to send a special shout out to Eli Manning for tanking in the semi-finals and single-handedly knocking me out of the running. 3 INTs and 0 TDs. Way to go, champ.

Eli Manning sees himself in same class as Tom Brady

:shitty:

• GenePontecorvo said:
    barjesus said:

It's On, Route Tree!

Good luck. The way your team is playing, I'm gonna have to dig deep to even have a sniff at the gold.

Welp, Romo is out, so that ought to do it. Good game, great season! Can't wait to do it again next year!

Props to Gene...

Dude knows how to pick 'em!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Who do I make the third party out of state check out to?

• Hey thanks for the kind words guys. Sorry about your QB situation at the end there man. Great season!

Gene
    Barjesus
    Fumblebrag

PM me your mailing address and / or Paypal ID

and I will start the bill collecting process

Well played, everybody! It was an up and down season for most of us, but I hope you all had as much fun as I did. I'm ready with loot for the victors, and I'll see you on the gridiron next year!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Well played

I'll send GeneP a raer if that's cool....if not, let me know what we need to do.

• good game DB! great season everyone! ready for next year.

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Well played

I'll send GeneP a raer if that's cool....if not, let me know what we need to do.

No problemo

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I can paypal cash I just need an address. Good games y'all

• RAJ said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Well played

No problemo

Sweet! About to get laced....

Thanks again everyone. So sad that FF is over and football is almost over.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Congrats to GeneP. This was my first time rockin the FF, and I had a blast. Thanks for letting me in the league. What's my pressure on the cash front? No raers....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Props to GeneP, and to everyone for keeping it competitive this year. Hit me with your PayPal addy so I can pay tribute Gene...