2011 Soulstrut Fantasy Football

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    A tie, huh? You don't see that every day.

Aye. Nor do you see a team come back from a 33 point deficit with one guy left to play. Great FF week!

• Bon Vivant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Aye. Nor do you see a team come back from a 33 point deficit with one guy left to play. Great FF week!

:shitty:

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    freal..... i should got that spot...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    In another league I was up by 40 points going into last night and ended up losing just because of Victor Cruz. Infuriating bullshit.

cookbook said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

:shitty:

Haha! I understand your feelings. I got lucky as hell. Neeed the win though, so I'll take it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    2 win and you're in match ups this weekend.

Upsetters vs. Sour Cream Sanchez

and me vs. East Bay Hoo....

NOT LIKING MY MATCHUP AT ALL.... East Bay Hoo has a bunch of Niners vs. St. Louis.

• RAJ said:

NOT LIKING MY MATCHUP AT ALL.... East Bay Hoo has a bunch of Niners vs. St. Louis.

Not feeling good about my match up at all this week. I already botched it up by having Sidney Rice in my lineup. Also, Marshawn Lynch had a hell of a game for Upsetters.

coldcuts said:
    RAJ said:

Not feeling good about my match up at all this week. I already botched it up by having Sidney Rice in my lineup. Also, Marshawn Lynch had a hell of a game for Upsetters.

Yes he did! Glad I picked him on the FA wire several weeks back. Lots of football to play, though. Hate my receiving corps. Mostly due to the fact that they have third stringers throwing to them... :nagl:

Really hoping for a playoff spot. We'll see. All four of these teams are on the bubble for playoff spots. Doesn't get much better than this.. :real_headz:

Down to the wire with East Bay Hoo.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I need VJ to shit the bed tomorrow night.

jjfad027 said:
    I need VJ to shit the bed tomorrow night.

which is very possible... dude is wildly inconsistent 2 points or 22 points...

Biggest regret was choosing Miami D over KC who I picked up and had slotted to start.

:dodododo:

• and my team has officially fallen apart right before the playoffs

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    cookbook said:
    and my team has officially fallen apart right before the playoffs

Looks like mine is doing the same thing. I was doing it with smoke and mirrors most of the season as it was.

• How does the 8 team playoff structure work?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    barjesus said:
    How does the 8 team playoff structure work?

First round:

1 v. 8
    2 v. 7
    3 v. 6
    4 v. 5

After that, not sure.

• DB_Cooper said:
    barjesus said:
    How does the 8 team playoff structure work?

First round:

1 v. 8
    2 v. 7
    3 v. 6
    4 v. 5

After that, not sure.

Does that mean that I worked all season to get to the playoffs and can be knocked out by the #7 team? Ouch.

Attached files

IT. IS. ON. :beerbang:

• Man, what is this, the NBA? More than half the teams make the playoffs? RAJ did it just so he could sneak in the playoffs. Time to teach some lessons I reckon.

BRING IT.

GenePontecorvo said:
    Man, what is this, the NBA? More than half the teams make the playoffs? RAJ did it just so he could sneak in the playoffs. Time to teach some lessons I reckon.

BRING IT.

Yes... I agree it is kind of weak sauce and that I did that. Honestly, though, I did not pay much attention to the default structure... 4 out of 14 is kind of old school major league baseball and doesn't much allow for "hot" teams to sneak in.

The major dudes should have a bye... but I guess that's not possible with 3 weeks worth of playoffs.

You have the unfair fantasy weapon known as Cam Newton anyways, so pummeling me should be some good entertainment this weekend.

But if I do beat you, the ass hurtedness will be of epic proportions.

RAJ said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Man, what is this, the NBA? More than half the teams make the playoffs? RAJ did it just so he could sneak in the playoffs. Time to teach some lessons I reckon.

BRING IT.

Yes... while I agree it is kind of weak sauce that I did that... but I honestly did not pay much attention to the default structure... 4 out of 14 is kind of major league baseball and doesn't much allow for "hot" teams to sneak in.

The major dudes should have a bye... but I guess that's not possible with 3 weeks worth of playoffs.

You have the unfair fantasy weapon known as Cam Newton, so pummeling me should be some good entertainment this weekend anyways?

But if I do beat you, the ass hurtedness will be of epic proportions.

I'm rooting for you to win this one. I've already lost to GP twice this year.

• Just let it be known: I drafted Cam.

Hey, good luck. May the best team win. I'm not buying any salve in preparation.

• RAJ and the Shove Boat battlin hard......Colston comin up big....c'mon Miles Austin!

GenePontecorvo said:
    RAJ and the Shove Boat battlin hard......Colston comin up big....c'mon Miles Austin!

Damn, man... ultimately it was your bread winners that came through for you.

As for me... I had two RBs go down last week and the wire had SLIM pickens. Fuck a Carson Palmer too. Oh and dropping the Detroit D? Wow...

I have some cool shit set aside for the winners.

• the final four have been chosen, lets do this

cookbook said:
    the final four have been chosen, lets do this

YES.

Me versus GenePontecorvo and Cookbook versus BarJesus. Each winner is guaranteed to walk away with something, with a chance at the brass ring. THE BATTLE FOR SPOILS BEGINS.

b/w

I'm giving away way more than the $25 cash/$50 in records should I lose. This season feels worth it. Good luck to you all!

• Good luck to the remaining four teams.

coldcuts said:
    Good luck to the remaining four teams.