The Weird World of Blowfly

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    His story was one I've always wanted to know. Definitely gonna peep it.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I saw this last year at SXSW and enjoyed it. Just as many quotables as one would imagine.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cool

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DOPE

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I am really looking forward to watching this. I love his "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I caught this at screening last year at the Florida film festival. It's a interesting film and sheds some light on the character of Blowfly and more importantly Clarence Reid. Would recommend seeing this if it's in your local theater. It has some great cameos from hip-hop legends and south Florida record dealers some of you might be familiar with. However it's really unfortunate Blowfly/ Clarence Reid is such an un-sung hero in the music industry. Caught a Q&A with Blowfly after the film, every question lead to a graphic answer. Posted this youtube of him explaining how got his moniker:

• I'll be catching this when it rolls through town.

Is that Norwood from Fishbone riding along in the van while Clarence is blowing his top? Man.

• YNOT said:
    It has some great cameos from hip-hop legends and south Florida record dealers some of you might be familiar with.
    Bob Perry certainly has some good Blow Fly stories and one of Blowflys' old stage costumes complete with the funk hanging in his garage. (it was pretty stinky).

• Ahhhh yeah. This looks cool. I've seen him twice in concert and B.S.'d with him after the show he's cool as hell. I can't wait to see this. Thanks!

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    DJ_WubWub said:
    YNOT said:
    It has some great cameos from hip-hop legends and south Florida record dealers some of you might be familiar with.
    Bob Perry certainly has some good Blow Fly stories and one of Blowflys' old stage costumes complete with the funk hanging in his garage. (it was pretty stinky).

He's in the film. Coincidentally I ran into Bob at a shop today. He said he hasn't watched the film but proceed to tell me about said costumes.

• i really want to see this

• YNOT said:
    DJ_WubWub said:
    YNOT said:

He's in the film. Coincidentally I ran into Bob at a shop today. He said he hasn't watched the film but proceed to tell me about said costumes.
    Bob is a great guy and has some insane stories Was really good friends with Bob Marley back in the day as well. Should write a book.

• To all those that missed this, myself included. This is now out on blu-ray, dvd and so forth.

Ballforce

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    What happened to all the money at TK?
    Who now owns the Clarence Reid catalog?