Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its real.

I heard this a minute before the album dropped. My boy had it w/out that case. Just a dub.

Native Tounge IIRC was one the better songs that didnt make the album.

I dont know if id call it a DEMO. Shit was like a promo IMO.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Seen a few peps question it on other sites. Understandable I suppose, that is until you find out DJ Shadow was the winning bidder....the last track, Dust, sounds like fire

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts
    Risingson said:
    the last track, Dust, sounds like fire

Man I forget what that loop is. I remember Hurby Luv Bug used it on "Hyped On The Mic".

Big ups to nobbyknucks!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    It was a Strutter that sold it, there's a thread on Waxidermy about it.

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35416

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    Risingson said:
    the last track, Dust, sounds like fire

Man I forget what that loop is. I remember Hurby Luv Bug used it on "Hyped On The Mic".

Big ups to nobbyknucks!

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts
    thanks upskiboo

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    not being a salt monger, but whoever pays that much money for this tape is silly. i love tribe as much as the next guy but listening to the clips on the auction was enough for me!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I'd call it a demo considering it was given to people before they were signed. and it was hand made.

behemoth said:
    I'd call it a demo considering it was given to people before they were signed. and it was hand made.

When i heard it they were alraedy down w/ Red Alert and was finishing up the first album.

Could be semantics but they( just Tip) were already on NYC radio rhyming and doin promos w/ the JB's/Red Alert.
    And was on both JBs and De La albums so i dont think they had to seriously shop themselves at that point.
    It seemed like who was gonna eventually pick up the remaining talent from that Red camp.

Now there seemed to be another tape w/ can I Kick it on there were Fife was featured, which seems like a later pro-industry tape.
    Fife and them didnt seem to have the same status the other Native duos out there, when they were in Calliope back then.

I guess im just sayin they already "IN"(put on) and just needed an actual album contract/deal vs starting at the bottom w/ some home-made check me out steez.

Can I Kick It was documented as being on the first demo that was passed to Geffen that they actually passed on before being signed to Jive

Why Kick It wasn't on this only makes it seem like it was before that demo u know??

I have it on good word that this WAS the first demo. and then of course as soon as it hit eBay Tip claimed on Twitter it was not.

Eh.

Yeah when i heard the stuff is was just some songs that were layin around the studio reels that my buddy acquired, so i dont really know if it was a "shopping package".

i like the (prince-steez) EYE image in I left My wallet......

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sounds great!!
    love the ohio players sample

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    behemoth said:
    Can I Kick It was documented as being on the first demo that was passed to Geffen that they actually passed on before being signed to Jive

Why Kick It wasn't on this only makes it seem like it was before that demo u know??

I have it on good word that this WAS the first demo. and then of course as soon as it hit eBay Tip claimed on Twitter it was not.

Eh.

Yeah I saw were he twitted it wasn't the first demo.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    so much money..

• I like money too, but why would you even sell something like this?

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Would love to hear the samples of the tape. How were folks listening to the clips? I searched the auction however I do not see clips listed. Perhaps I am missing something.....were they taken down following the ending of the auction?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14680980-bb8
    now if I only had a rip of the tape

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    the_dL said:
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14680980-bb8
    now if I only had a rip of the tape

DL, thanks so much for posting....those unreleased cuts are great!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i want to hear the fabulous fleas demo.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    nice one

• Jamal said:
    so much money..

I beg to differ, I would have copped had I clicked sooner. My clicking sucks.

• tripledouble said:
    sounds great!!
    what sample for what song are you talking about?
    Did "Native Tounge" sample the Ohio Players? Cus "Dust (My Pal)" sampled Chuck Brown & the Soul Searchers!

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I really wan't to know this!

• pride and vanity

• nativetounge said:
    tripledouble said:
    sounds great!!
    what sample for what song are you talking about?
    Did "Native Tounge" sample the Ohio Players? Cus "Dust (My Pal)" sampled Chuck Brown & the Soul Searchers!

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I really wan't to know this!

It's spelled "tongue", nativetounge.
    Yes, I know it is spelled sinister.

"Native Tongue" used "Pride And Vanity"

• oh wait, new behemoth auction this week http://www.ebay.com/sch/nobbyknucks/m.html

• Thanks yall! Both "Native Tongue" and "Dust (My Pal)" has sampeled songs throughtout with only minor changes (at least from what we heard) maybe that was the reason they didn't make the album!

And LOL @ my name is spellad wrong... hahah, I guess it makes it more personal!

• CinisterCee said:
    oh wait, new behemoth auction this week http://www.ebay.com/sch/nobbyknucks/m.html

what was this?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Shadow was on Lauren Laverne's show on BBC 6Music this morning. He had some interesting things to say, should any of you wish to check it out. The Shadow segment is around the 1hr 45min mark, IIRC. Inasmuch as it's relevant here, he talks about how the last big collection he bought consisted of around 600 demo tapes, which he acquired for their "historical" value.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    anybody got a reup of the demo/promo tape?

DocMcCoy said:
    Shadow was on Lauren Laverne's show on BBC 6Music this morning. He had some interesting things to say, should any of you wish to check it out. The Shadow segment is around the 1hr 45min mark, IIRC. Inasmuch as it's relevant here, he talks about how the last big collection he bought consisted of around 600 demo tapes, which he acquired for their "historical" value.

Heard about this demo haul. or what I believe was his haul. and it was pretty crazy considering some of the stuff that was apparently in there.