Dexter

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
This season is such a disappointment and terrible departure from last season that I'm amazed they even bothered to let it air. Sunday's episode in which they tell us what we already know (that Gellar is dead) was not just predictable, but completely unoriginal.

I'm pulling the plug on it.

Boss, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland are still doing it for me.

Comments

• It has never been a great show but I often let it go. I guess just the idea of a crazy serial killer killing bad guys was enough to keep me watching but this season has been terrible. Only thing I've found entertaining is Lt. Deborah Morgan getting better at her job. Its such a bad show though.

• this show is one of the worst, and indeed, that plot twist was so lame. not to mention, colin hanks CANNOT act.

the first season was really entertaining, and its continually gone down the crap shoot from there.

mos def wasn't half bad though....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    As bad as this season and especially the last episode have been, the scene when the blood dumped on everyone this week was pretty great. But man is Colin Hanks terrible or what.

• This was actually one of my favorite shows up until last season and now with this season it has gotten worse...

They think bringing in multiple guest stars (Colin Hanks? Really?) and Mos Def who I think actually did a decent job but the whole character and theme of this season is just not very interesting at all.

My favorite part of this season has to be the inclusion of Masuka's first assistant (the blonde girl) who tried to auction off the hand on eBay.

I'll continue to watch the rest of this season but depending on how it ends this show may be gettin dumped.

• cloud9 said:

My favorite part of this season has to be the inclusion of Masuka's first assistant (the blonde girl) who tried to auction off the hand on eBay.

i think the computer geek/new assistant is a serial killer, maybe next seasons villain?

• cookbook said:
    cloud9 said:

i think the computer geek/new assistant is a serial killer, maybe next seasons villain?

Yeah, the whole season you could definitely tell there was something up with the dude and looking up to Dexter as a 'hero' certainly could mean he's got a thirst for blood and of course he's got the ice truck killers hand on display at his place. Although I don't know if I like him as being a villain for all of next season...seems like it could be another boring one...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    nebraska hillbilly dexter was the highlight of this season

• Grandfather said:
    It has never been a great show but I often let it go.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Ive been checking it out and it always struck me as being slightly crass and unbelievable, right from s01e01 - the look and styling is also way cheap - although it has gotten slightly better - but to me Dexter is all about the cliff hangers. If you have more than a few episodes lined up the cliffhangers keep you coming back. Its a guilty pleasure. Im pretty invested in the character now tho i want to see where they take it.
    Mos Def wasnt half bad - did anyone notice the name change thing?

The artist formerly known as Mos Def may be confusing some fans of Showtime's "Dexter."

When he first appeared this season in a multi-episode arc of the popular series about a police bloodstain analyst moonlighting as a serial killer, Mos Def, who has won acclaim as a rapper, musician and actor, was credited as Mos. The actor plays Brother Sam, an ex-convict who may have mysterious plans even though he says he has reformed and is a man of God.

Network spokespersons said before the season started that Mos Def had dropped the "Def" and wanted to be credited as Mos.

But by the third episode, "Mos" had disappeared from the opening credits while another name, yasiin bey, appeared.

Showtime officials said the actor officially changed his name to yasiin bey a month ago and asked that the network use that name in the credits.

Bey was unavailable for comment.

On another mediocre rapper breaking his acting chops note - common is also quite good in Hell On Wheels.

• staxwax said:
    Ive been checking it out and it always struck me as being slightly crass and unbelievable, right from s01e01 - the look and styling is also way cheap - although it has gotten slightly better - but to me Dexter is all about the cliff hangers. If you have more than a few episodes lined up the cliffhangers keep you coming back. Its a guilty pleasure. Im pretty invested in the character now tho i want to see where they take it.

The artist formerly known as Mos Def may be confusing some fans of Showtime's "Dexter."

When he first appeared this season in a multi-episode arc of the popular series about a police bloodstain analyst moonlighting as a serial killer, Mos Def, who has won acclaim as a rapper, musician and actor, was credited as Mos. The actor plays Brother Sam, an ex-convict who may have mysterious plans even though he says he has reformed and is a man of God.

Network spokespersons said before the season started that Mos Def had dropped the "Def" and wanted to be credited as Mos.

But by the third episode, "Mos" had disappeared from the opening credits while another name, yasiin bey, appeared.

Showtime officials said the actor officially changed his name to yasiin bey a month ago and asked that the network use that name in the credits.

On another mediocre rapper breaking his acting chops note - common is also quite good in Hell On Wheels.

His momma name him Clay, I'm gonna call him Clay

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    lulz

Slave eyes

Disney eyes

Im enjoying the batista and quinn partnering as well - quite a good match. OTT terrible stoner scenes and all.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I thought this was going to be about Dexter Wansel.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Homeland is where it's at.

• So far, this season of Dexter has ripped off Saw, Seven, and Fight Club. It just feels very lazy.

Is this the final season?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    AlkySeltzer said:
    djanna said:
    Homeland is where it's at.

I'm waiting for the explanation about Brody's conversion to Islam. It better be good, because I'm just not seeing how they'll pull that one off.

Did you see last week's episode?

• hogginthefogg said:
    So far, this season of Dexter has ripped off Saw, Seven, and Fight Club. It just feels very lazy.

Is this the final season?

And Carrie! How could I forget?

• You say Carrie, I think homeland. That show rocks.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok so it obviously won't redeem the season but am i the only one who thought the preview made the next two episodes look nuts?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    staxwax said:

yaslin bey like a bell hooks' style? I've never been down with intentional lowercase, or Dexter. Then again, I've never seen it, either.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    first episode of hell on wheels was awesome. definitely want to watch the rest later. couldn't help but feel that the railroad dude was trying to channel SWEDGEN in that one scene where he was drinking by himself