VA - BOSPORUS BRIDGES VOL. 2 - LP rare turkish, oriental funk & jazz compilation OUT NOW

edited November 2011 in Strut Central
This is the second issue of the very famous & rare Bosporus Bridges Compilation released in 2005.
A wide selection of rare occidental & oriental turkish funk, jazz, beat and psychedelic music from the 70ies of Turkey.
All the tracks were restaurated and completely remastered, that they sound better as the original vinyls.
On top of that, this limited record will have a cover in a vintage design with hand-drawn artworks.

check it out here:

http://blackpearlrecords.bandcamp.com/album/bosporus-bridges-vol-2-v-a-lp

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Looks dope! Can you bring one for me tonight? See you later at Lining, yeeahh...

• i will do.........

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    snippet sounds great. need it

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• some of the tunes in vol 1 or 2 were in the trt libraries right? anyway, nice work on the remastering, these sound clean as ??u?????!

• at Jimey: haha...... cheers....... you can buy it at our bandcamp shop......

at DJ Sheep: it??s very limited.... around 300 copies....... for number one i have to check my basement, maybe a small pile is showing up.......

at BIG chalz: on BB 1 you can hear a few tracks of M??ZIKLERI TRT 1 & 2....... but BB 2 is TRT free...... only tracks from 7inches and one album track are compiled on BB2....... the mastering is a ultrakiller work by Calyx and maybe that makes the compi really oustanding, because of this very good sound........ all tunes are sounding much better than the original 7inches.....

if you take for example CICI KIZLAR; the 7inch is very low cutted in volume and atually this track is mono, but on the 7inch you have distortions in the very wide-stereo sides... and don??t forget about all the loud clicks because of the low cutting....... all these kind of problems were professional handled.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Yo Roskow,

if you're going down to the basement, bring one Vol.1 up for me too. I was deeply regretting not having copped it, when it came out. I'm playing a small DJ gig in Berlin with Marlow on 27th of November. Perhaps we can pick it up that weekend if there's really a small stock left of the first issue.

All the best from Weimar.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    azg??n :beerbang:

b/w

pm sent ;-P

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Copped!!!

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Price went up 4 euro since this morning ?

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Yo Roskow,

if you're going down to the basement, bring one Vol.1 up for me too. I was deeply regretting not having copped it, when it came out.

• i will try best for you guys........

• best regards from Emek Can!

• subsub 311 Posts
    sellout1 said:
    best regards from Emek Can!

he had the store right off istiklal, right? he didn't seem to be too happy by the way the first part was put together. but who am i to judge. nice releases either way...

• sub said:
    sellout1 said:
    best regards from Emek Can!

he had the store right off istiklal, right? he didn't seem to be too happy by the way the first part was put together. but who am i to judge. nice releases either way...

yep that??s right, i try to catch up with him every time in in turkey, he??s a really nice and polite dude who knows a lot about turkish music, anyways, as i only know his side of the story i??m not judging. nice release anyways.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm excited to check this out! First one was killer.

I see from the website that you're doing a Cuban comp, too. Some of those tracks sound mighty similar to an earlier couple of Cuban comps ;) Then again, some of those tracks are new to me. Nice!

• BOSPORUS BRIDGES Vol. 2 LP nearly half of it already sold...... so be quick and don??t miss this one........ then i don??t have to dig to hard in our archives next time....... haha

thanks for all those who already bought a copy........ you all own a lil part of our next releases

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Mine arrived last week - really nice comp...I would have to go back and listen to the first, but I think I prefer the new selection!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    This is a good comp.

• DIGITAL AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!!!! Bosporus Brdiges Vol. 2 plus a bonus track "su akar"-Ferdi ??zbegen (Sygaire Rework) for whole bundle-download..... check here:

http://blackpearlrecords.bandcamp.com/album/bosporus-bridges-vol-2-v-a

• there is a paid classified section in which you can peddle your wares.