New Site Design Unveiling This Weekend

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Same functionality, but less bloated.

A lot cleaner, simpler... forums will look a little more old school.

An excuse to embark on the SS 100.

:zooted:

Comments

• cue the complaints in 3.. 2.. 1..

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Personally, I'm partial to the design circa 2003.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    Personally, I'm partial to the design circa 2003.

No CMS. HAND CODED! Classique

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• a bit of a shock - but really nice design!

New throwback skins at the bottom of the page.

Popout player for the mixes.

New design.

That's about it.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    This is because of me being german, but the abbreviation SS is just disturbing in my eyes. I remember a cultural misunderstanding on this board years back when someone wrote to a german guy "Ah, you're from germany, land of the SS." He meant Selected Sound Library but there's not one german who wouldn't think of the infamous nazi elite unit. So, I wasn't mad at the old design - but this is only because I'm culturally biased. Apart from that there's nothing wrong with the new design.

Edit: In terms of functionality I think it's a little bit misleading, that in the mix section the number of spins is printed waaay bigger than the actual title of the mix that's being spun. I believe title and author of the mix is the top information that should be highlighted. This is just nitpicking but if it doesn't mean rebuilding the whole site, I would change that.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Like it , most importantly pages load twice as fast

• Really clean, really understated. I'm surprised I like it right off the bat.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    love it. only thing i miss is the view all for multi-page threads....i assume this is due to loading times?

• from one web developer to another.. I like it..
    Nice little ascii easter egg in the style sheet as well..

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Raj, clean new design. The only thing I would say is make the font a little bigger. Maybe I'm just getting old and blind, but larger font is a lot easier to digest these days.

I would say increase the font for the list of threads, not in the actual posts. Posting font size is fine for me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Lovin' the theme choices.

Thx Raj!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    disco_che said:
    This is because of me being german, but the abbreviation SS is just disturbing in my eyes. I remember a cultural misunderstanding on this board years back when someone wrote to a german guy "Ah, you're from germany, land of the SS." He meant Selected Sound Library but there's not one german who wouldn't think of the infamous nazi elite unit. So, I wasn't mad at the old design - but this is only because I'm culturally biased. Apart from that there's nothing wrong with the new design..

This! The abbreviation looks quite odd to me, too.

finelikewine said:
    disco_che said:
    This is because of me being german, but the abbreviation SS is just disturbing in my eyes. I remember a cultural misunderstanding on this board years back when someone wrote to a german guy "Ah, you're from germany, land of the SS." He meant Selected Sound Library but there's not one german who wouldn't think of the infamous nazi elite unit. So, I wasn't mad at the old design - but this is only because I'm culturally biased. Apart from that there's nothing wrong with the new design..

This! The abbreviation looks quite odd to me, too.

:down:

Martin said:
    Just thought I'd mention; in the logo your 3 elements (SS / Soulstrut / Est. 1999) are not centered. The SS aligns to the left with the "E" in Est.

Thanks. The Swastika has been replaced with a vinyl record.

:lush:

• minimini 879 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Martin said:
    Just thought I'd mention; in the logo your 3 elements (SS / Soulstrut / Est. 1999) are not centered. The SS aligns to the left with the "E" in Est.

That was bugging the hell out of me too!

Digging the design, RAJ!

• 2006 Theme:

• No frills...perfect.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Very clean. Much better.

However, looks wonky on my Android. Lines between posts overlapping the text.

• simple, clean...looking good

Almond said:
    Very clean. Much better.

There is a Mobile theme. I have the code set up that it detects iPhones but not Android... because well... I'm a pathetic Apple-centric web developer.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Almond said:
    Very clean. Much better.

There is a Mobile theme. I have the code set up that it detects iPhones but not Android... because well... I'm a pathetic Apple-centric web developer.

It's still readable, though. It might just be my phone.

• I dig it.
    I like the term: "community"
    over
    "forums"

good vibe

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Looking good over here too.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    RAJ said:

Thanks. The Swastika has been replaced with a vinyl record.

Dankesch??n Raj.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    Really clean, really understated. I'm surprised I like it right off the bat.

• New design looks great!
    :feelin_it:

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Looks great Raj!
    Congrats!