Fat Joe "It's 2011. If you're gay, rep your set."

13»

Comments

• bassie said:

There are numerous all rap gay nights in Toronto, the most popular not in gay bars.

I heard about a party called Big Primpin' which is one of the best names ever.

• doubl??

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yup. Same party that showed me you haven't lived - I mean partied - til you've watched two guys make out to Biggie.

• empanadamn said:
    bassie said:

There are numerous all rap gay nights in Toronto, the most popular not in gay bars.

I heard about a party called Big Primpin' which is one of the best names ever.

there are few better parties than 'big primpin'' or the now defunct 'gay bash' in Toronto. the hetero-tourism-guilt is heavily overshadowed by the hospitable energy and desire to simply have fun of their gracious hosts.

BP falls on the same night as my party so I've not been able to go for a good while. Definitely not since it moved out of Stones Place. I think the tourism you describe has a lot to do with the growth of the party (yea, that old thing of a small good thing getting big) and the trendy location (ie the Drake Hotel).

edit - I think this is also the nature of any gay/lesbian night that has a trendy location, huge popularity and cross-over appeal - I mean look at el Convento Rico.

• bassie said:
    (yea, that old thing of a small good thing getting big).

ayo

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    (ie the Drake Hotel).

ayo

• I've mentioned this before, but wifey and I used to DJ a monthly all-lesbian dancehall party in West Oakland called Burning Bush. Shit was live.

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:
    (yea, that old thing of a small good thing getting big).

ayo

DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    (ie the Drake Hotel).

ayo

This seems a good time as any to say I am cheesed that I have never drank with you guys yet.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Holler when you're in NYC! We'll do it up. I'm good at drinking.

Hey - me too!

Oh gosh - I wish I had a NYC trip in my near future but damn if property taxes didn't kill me this year. But yea, consider yourself booked when I finally make it back down.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Say what you want, but I just met a member of the gay mafia this past week.....

• DeeRock said:

:oh snap:

• HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Damn you, Supreme!

I don't get it. Inside joke, I guess?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Oh Double snap!

What up Herm!!!

• Rerog said:
    Oh Double snap!

What up Herm!!!

What up, Rog?!

Damn, Supreme sonned me hard on this one. Makes me miss the jpeg-heavy, Blue Bunny golden years of SoulStrut. Shout out to King Moist and Asprin.

• Herm said:

Damn, Supreme sonned me hard on this one

Not that there's anything wrong with being a part of the Gay Mafia

• edith head said:
    Herm said:

This is true. I just think it's funny in a juvenile way. Supreme and I may be the only Strutters who haven't lost/"outgrown" that.

• Herm said:
    edith head said:
    Herm said:

This is true. I just think it's funny in a juvenile way. Supreme and I may be the only Strutters who haven't lost/"outgrown" that.

i keep forgetting that not everyone watches seinfeld.

• DeeRock said:

daam, for real! but herm's outfit makes him look kinda gay mafia too.

• tripledouble said:
    DeeRock said:

daam, for real! but herm's outfit makes him look kinda gay mafia too.

Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on you?

Seriously though, I don't know what the eff I was doing with that facial expression. So suspect...

• i was playin hommie, youre always killin heads with the threads

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i met king moist for the first time last month
    it was very unexpected