Lost Boyz "Renee"

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Who loves this track?

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I give a full and unqualified endorsement to any shorty who has a mad magazine stand, especially if she's in law school and/or studying law.

nah, they burn slower

• one of the best ever. Great remix as well.

• Martin said:
    She wants to be a lawyer/
    In other words shorty studies law

Classique!

b/w

the better renee

• hate that song, always have.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    hate that song, always have.
    That song stinks out loud. Used to laugh when it'd come on.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    is this the first "love rap" with a dark tone?

• bought two franks and two drinks and we began walking. --- so many simple lines like this just sound dope in this song. Straight classic imho.

I too am interested in it's status as first "dark" loverap!

• I Ride

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    BeatChemist said:

1991, MC Lyte - Poor Georgie:

Actually, does Slick Rick's "Mona Lisa" count?

JUD said:
    BeatChemist said:

1991, MC Lyte - Poor Georgie:

Actually, does Slick Rick's "Mona Lisa" count?

The Lyte song already prepped u to the tone with the title.

Renee had an unexpected ending. It could have been another girl name love rap song like Shaniqua.

Mona Lisa aint dark at all. Bluesy yeah but not dark.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    hate that group, always have.

that and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous are played on Sirius Backspin entirely too much. Aging so poorly. Oh and don't get me started about Chubb Rock.

• mmmmm I dunno man. Lost Boyz got some filler, for sure. But Renee? Lifestyles?

Do you even party?

BeatChemist said:
    mmmmm I dunno man. Lost Boyz got some filler, for sure. But Renee? Lifestyles?

Do you even party?

Sayin.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    The-gaffler said:

b/w
    the better renee

please to file under: most awkward car ride i recall ever having with my mom.

She bought this tape for me for my 12th birthday, and in her attempt to be the 'cool mom' and listen to my music in the car, this track came on. yowzers!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This shitt was played to death in the 90s, and it still sounds obnoxious now... hanging out with the old-school dudes in their timbos head-noddin does not count as partying.

• high_c said:
    Grandfather said:

that and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous are played on Sirius Backspin entirely too much. Aging so poorly. Oh and don't get me started about Chubb Rock.

Haaaaaaa! Chuck just just does not ride for the Chubsta. That is a fact.

• Btw I have never liked the LBs. The Lex, Coups, the Beemers and the Benz= BARF

• I listened to this track again later in the week and thought it sucked.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    TableSaw said:
    high_c said:
    Grandfather said:

Haaaaaaa! Chuck just just does not ride for the Chubsta. That is a fact.

Chubb Rock wins the Lifetime Achievement award for Rapper Most Likely to Body You on Your Own Song. Don't invite that dude to be on your song or your posse cut unless you enjoy getting outclassed.

• Chubb hangs out with people named Robb, Stinky and Hot Dog. you must deal.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    TableSaw said:
    Btw I have never liked the LBs. The Lex, Coups, the Beemers and the Benz= BARF

How could I forget about that one? That track is probably even worse than the two I mentioned. Well at least worse than Lifestylez anyway. Pretty hard to trump Renee tho.

What ever happened to Cl*ntT**r*z?

• high_c said:
    TableSaw said:
    Btw I have never liked the LBs. The Lex, Coups, the Beemers and the Benz= BARF

How could I forget about that one? That track is probably even worse than the two I mentioned. Well at least worse than Lifestylez anyway. Pretty hard to trump Renee tho.

What ever happened to Cl*ntT**r*z?

Ha! I have no idea. I purchased a new computer a while ago and forgot my password. T****eS*w is a bit more fitting, I guess.