people of soulstrut go hear this

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
my new album are now available for free online

put alot of time into these tracks so it would be great if some of ya'll would take time out to check it

pretty much all about the beats and the breaks, breaking down samples and building shit up again, jigsaw puzzle style, shaping forms into something new

over the last couple years ive sorta moved from jazz rock fusion and gotten more into psych or psychedelic garagey records, so tracks on here might give off that impression in sound, still like to think though, that theres a thick b-boy blood vessel running through it all at some level haha

but fuck words, i have absolutely nothing intelligent to say anyway so..

peep:
http://jakobmedk.bandcamp.com/album/up-for-grabs

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    just downloaded man, i dont have time at the moment to check but i'll give it a listen for sure!

thanks for the tunes!

• Sounds real niiiiiiiicccccceeeeeeee!!!!!!

Definitely one I'd like to play while cruising around in the ride

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Thanks man... just downloaded. I've always really liked your stuff so I'm super excited to hear this. Cheers!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Will check this out after work - I expect to like based solely on the strength of that MPM 12 you did.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    gotten more into psych or psychedelic garagey records, so tracks on here might give off that impression in sound

You had me at "hello".

Actually, you had me at "gotten more into psych or psychedelic garagey records, so tracks on here might give off that impression in sound".

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Nice work man!

• Like I told you, this is some excellent shit. Adventurous, technically very impressive and still banging. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thanks for the feedback, really means a lot to me, you folks taking time out to dive into this private little mind garden mind state, of beats, feelings and expression haha

DB_Cooper said:
    upskiboo said:
    gotten more into psych or psychedelic garagey records, so tracks on here might give off that impression in sound

You had me at "hello".

Actually, you had me at "gotten more into psych or psychedelic garagey records, so tracks on here might give off that impression in sound".

ha, yeah, that came out a little bit twisted, trying to explain something about the musical inspiration right here, daamn haha, cant blame a dude for trying to make somekinda introduction...

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    nice! thank you

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    'Baby Smokes' is rockin' my world dude!

thanks man, really warms my heart knowing that some one out there digs this shit

also, i just recently hooked up a face book page, felt like i was the last person in the world not being on face book, so major late pass for me haha

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Upskiboo/124940060938879#!/pages/Upskiboo/124940060938879?sk=wall

• Nice work! Thank you.

• thanks for this, giving it a listen now