Dog strut

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

still one of my favorite pictures

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Almond said:

You will prob decide (or feel pressured) to neuter. Sooner is better than later. Your mental recovery time will last longer than any physical pain the pup suffers. If you do it, take a couple days off work to cry, buy a bunch of dog treats and rent doggy movies while you two heal together. My Dog Skip is the best.

another vote for sooner than later. While my friend was talmbout growth hormones and all this stuff as reasons to delay ballchoppin, he's found that the jokes about the post-neuter dogscrote skinflap are maybe worse. His clever friends now call his dog "Coinpurse," in reference to his dangler. I bet he's thinking about those Neuticles.

It really is way more about the dude owner than the dog and you guys know it!

• billbradley said:

still one of my favorite pictures

that's one little peanut.

• my dog. non-barky hound. adopted her from a local shelter.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

These are the best dogs in the world.

I grew up with two of them (in succession; not simultaneously).

This revelation makes me like you a little more.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    not chopping makes people scared of you and your dog.

Is this some Ameriman thing? People are scared of a dog with his scrotum intact? I had no idea.

• Almond said:
    take a couple days off work to cry, buy a bunch of dog treats and rent doggy movies while you two heal together.

sounds like it's not just the dog who's losing his balls....

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    not chopping makes people scared of you and your dog.

Is this some Ameriman thing? People are scared of a dog with his scrotum intact? I had no idea.

Lol at Ameriman.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    In addition to the health issues that have been raised, there's a societal preference for spaying/neutering dogs due to the sheer number of stray/abandoned puppies that are born each year that must be placed in shelters and most of which, end up being put down.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I happen to have sold a book recently about the overpopulation of dogs and cats. Here's a quote about spaying and neutering from Dr. Leo Lieberman, a vet from CT:

The bottom line is that those animals who are neutered early in life make better pets and are more likely to be adopted. They are more playful, stay at home, and are more responsive. The owners become more responsible as well. Surveys tell us that owners who have pets who have been neutered early are more satisfied, find the pets more adaptable, better behaved, and more healthy.

He mentions how there's less visceral fat to get through to perform the surgery, making it easier, and the anesthesia process is easier the younger the dog is. He also goes on to mention one of the downsides is that the dog can become overweight, but that can be controlled by a good diet. The earlier you neuter/spay the dog, the easier it is. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of complications from surgery. These surgeries have become so routine though that major complications from spaying and neutering have been greatly reduced. I can't speak on the longer lifespan and this book does not mention that aspect either.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    that's more or less where im at too. every time he's spazzing out [read also: 'being a puppy'] my girlfriend, a lifetime cat owner i should mention, immediately starts talking about how he needs to get the chop. as his best friend and fellow male, my stance is that he should keep them at least until he's full grown. ive never had a dog prior to this little guy so im admittedly a little green on the subject. just thought id throw the topic on the table.

Im dont believe in castrating dogs unless there is some medical reason eg risk of cancer or if they are a larger dotg that starts getting uncontrollable or aggressive eg a mate of mine had a ridgeback and after 4 years dude started becoming really violent to other dogs so my mate chopped them off.

The thing is, I know a few dogs that have been casterateed (thats what it is i hate tyhe whole 'neutered' shit...you are cutting the animals BALLS OFF!) and the dogs after they lost their nuts were still little pests and ran amuck. QAlot of that has to do with the way they are reaised and trained.

My dog has his nuts hanging and they will continue to do so until a vet tells me they need to go.

I got a pure bred staffy so I also felt id want to keep the option of breeding him open, he's seeded once already and I felt like a proud dad the day he got his first nut...heheheh Im texting all my mates and shit.

Silly I know , but also watching your dog running around the backyard doing whats natural makes you realise its kind of un fair to cut his balls off just cus some ppl decide that it will make a calmmer dog. BS- raise your dog right with lots of love and discipline and be a responsible dog owner and the dog will be fine.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

By lokoone at 2009-11-16

This was the puupys from the first time I bred him.

By lokoone at 2010-09-17

By lokoone at 2010-09-17

Letting his nuts hang!!!

• Options
    Wow!!! That is very nice.

Y'all are lucky to have found each other.

Thank you and staffy for sharing and being so generous.

• Literally, just rescued this guy from TN and met him for the first time in PHL yesterday.

^ He hates any fake toys and loves the real...animal bone based things to occupy his time. Anyone have any feelings on these flat rib bones pictured above, he can't let it alone, but I worry he will choke on the splinters he chews off or it is bad for digestion?

• Options
    marwal_bust said:
    Literally, just rescued this guy from TN and met him for the first time in PHL yesterday.

^ He hates any fake toys and loves the real...animal bone based things to occupy his time. Anyone have any feelings on these flat rib bones pictured above, he can't let it alone, but I worry he will choke on the splinters he chews off or it is bad for digestion?

Some friends of mine have a beagle who got into some chicken bones and had real problems. I'd avoid bones that splinter easily.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Got a new pooch..we adopted this little French Bulldog this past weekend...funny little dude, just wanted to show him off...getting along great with our Boston...Dogs rule

look at these awesome goddamn dogs

im currently interviewing canines to be my dog's best friend.... these guys look just awesome enough. i should fax them applications.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Our new roomate. She's cute, but paper towel consumption has gone up 1000% in my place.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Go Niners

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My Jack Russell passed away a little over a year a go.

My wife bought a mini-dachsund. Great dog... a little stubborn on the house breaking.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Congrats. Great looking dog.

Edit: Congrats JJ and Raj. Great looking dogs.

Happy Puppy Berkiss

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Our dogs love nothing more than a good hike:

or canoeing:

and in the evening sitting in front of the cabin and enjoying a good book

but nothing really beats lounging on the good old leather sofa...

• Frank said:

or canoeing:

• as far as what your dog eats, our Frenchie got in the garbage and ate THREE whole corn cobs, how he got them in his little stomach, I'll never know, but we are now $2,300 poorer due to the surgery to remove them. Vet said if they entered the small intestine, they would of ruptured his intestines. Watch your dogs!

• this is my zoe with the demon eyes, also a mini dachshund. Me and my ex got her together but we broke up and she got custody so i only see her once in a while...she is an amazing dog though!

I'm reading Inside of a Dog. Recommended.

• LaserWolf said:
    I'm reading Inside of a Dog. Recommended.

Yes, very good book

• vintageinfants said:
    Frank said:

or canoeing:

that's exactly what sprung to mind seeing that photo.

"'whaddya want from me?'"