Dog strut

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Got a new pooch..we adopted this little French Bulldog this past weekend...funny little dude, just wanted to show him off...getting along great with our Boston...Dogs rule

look at these awesome goddamn dogs

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Lotta dog snorin in your house.

• indeed...havin this frenchie around is like having a potbellied pig in the house, snortin' up a storm

• this is my homey right here.

• dude is snoring loud as a muh as we speak.

• good lookin dog! I like how you get him his own slurpee...keeps him from stealing yours...

• :real_headz:

slurpees and rocks shotgun like it's his job.

he's half frenchie half boston and just under 7 months now. snoring of a bulldog, energy of a terrier. it's been an interesting ride so far.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    cute overload

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    both damn cute dogs. I like how vintage's little mate is reclining in the car seat....pimpin style!

Speaking of snoring staffys are hardcore snore and grunters... we got a double story house and sometimes he wakes me up snoring from downstairs in the garage..... but they look so cute and relaxed when they are sleeping...I wish I slept like a dog...

• I have a Boston too.
    Such a great dog - will eat just about anything though!!

• vintageinfants said:

he's half frenchie half boston and just under 7 months now. snoring of a bulldog, energy of a terrier. it's been an interesting ride so far.

we have a half pug half boston, and the same rules apply... snorting of a pug, energy of a terrier. we also have a 1 year old pug (the boston mix is 3), she has been adding a calming balance to the household.

dogs indeed rule.

• Options
    I could write for days about Harley D here. I think everybody in this town knows him.

Photobucket

• nice curtains bro

:shreddin_it:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    slobbery beasts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• First off, what kind of dogs are are those Rock?

Phone posting is hard.

Loungin

• my girlfriend keeps pushing the issue of getting him fixed to calm him down but im not necessarily down with doing my homey like that. while i was considering the idea, i had no plans of doing it within the first year.

what sayest soulstrut? put em on the table or let them shits hang?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    minneap said:
    First off, what kind of dogs are are those Rock?

Standard Poodles

And yours?

• vintageinfants said:
    my girlfriend keeps pushing the issue of getting him fixed to calm him down but im not necessarily down with doing my homey like that. while i was considering the idea, i had no plans of doing it within the first year.

• vintageinfants said:
    my girlfriend keeps pushing the issue of getting him fixed to calm him down but im not necessarily down with doing my homey like that. while i was considering the idea, i had no plans of doing it within the first year.

An acquaintance of mine got a male dog after 3-4 females, and she's set on neutering the lil dude. My humble opinion: it's a MALE DOG, what do you expect? Young dogs can be wild anyway so I'd at least wait until he's grown up.

• that's more or less where im at too. every time he's spazzing out [read also: 'being a puppy'] my girlfriend, a lifetime cat owner i should mention, immediately starts talking about how he needs to get the chop. as his best friend and fellow male, my stance is that he should keep them at least until he's full grown. ive never had a dog prior to this little guy so im admittedly a little green on the subject. just thought id throw the topic on the table.

• I would argue that you should do it before he knows what he's missing...I mean, he is going to be givin em a spit shine a dozen times a day, and then all of a sudden they are gone? That would suck. Also I don't think it has much to do with energy levels as much as his urge to go on the hunt for bitches and fights with competitors in case he ever gets out lookin for said bitches. The phrase "cleaner than a broke dick dog" applies here.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    I would argue that you should do it before he knows what he's missing...I mean, he is going to be givin em a spit shine a dozen times a day, and then all of a sudden they are gone? That would suck. Also I don't think it has much to do with energy levels as much as his urge to go on the hunt for bitches and fights with competitors in case he ever gets out lookin for said bitches. The phrase "cleaner than a broke dick dog" applies here.

This is true, earlier the better with fixing animals. Also, there are a lot of health issues that go along with a dogs reproductive organs. Spaying and neutering virtually eliminate these issues. Your dog will live longer. And seriously, there are enough shelter dogs in need of a home without having your dog add to the equation.

• CousinLarry said:

Also, there are a lot of health issues that go along with a dogs reproductive organs. Spaying and neutering virtually eliminate these issues. Your dog will live longer.

Hmm, I know virtually nothing about the subject, but the wikipedia page seems to disagree with this. I was actually very surprised to note how many health risks are associated with neutering.

This topic can be debated endlessly. Obviously, you don't want to mess with your little homie. Do you and the puppy live with other people? If so, consider them since they'll likely spend a lot of time with him and be the ones who end up taking care of him if you go out of town or something. This type of thing can def strain a relationship. My prior housemate got a de-clawed cat and the other roommates were so terrified that we eventually had to get rid of it. I think the recommended neutering age is 4-6 months, before the pup enters puberty. The puppy will love you and remain the shotgun-riding slurpee pimp he is, chopped or not.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    not chopping makes people scared of you and your dog. You'll be ineligible for most doggy daycares. Neutered dogs seem to instantly know when a ball-haver rolls onto the scene, and they act more aggressively towards the ball-haver. Even though it may not be your doggy's deal--it's the eunuchs with the beef--you will always be seen as the dog park scuffle instigator.

It's a trip. I've seen it with my friend's puppy. Rhodesian ridgeback, he kept the balls on for about 18 months. With larger dogs, I guess neutering is a bigger issue than others. Turns out the dog would be even bigger if he'd've been neutered? Didn't know that before.

Bottom line seems to be: it's the people you'll have to worry about. Doggy will be okay either way.

• excellent feedback. alot of the points brought up are the ones ive been wrestling with in my head the last two months or so. this kinda reminds me of the 'would you circumcise your boy?' thread from a year back. it's not a decision i would leave up to a message board, but the opinions and knowledge of the soulstrut braintrust has proven to be as useful as any other medium. not that im not up to the task, but it's a pretty heavy decision to make as a loving parent [and ball-having guy], innit?

• my dudes

• Rockadelic said:
    minneap said:
    First off, what kind of dogs are are those Rock?

Standard Poodles

And yours?

That's Hennessy, my old roommate's dog. She's some kind of pit mix, smaller than a pure pit but an awesome dog nonetheless. We got her a couple years ago and lived happily till they moved on to greener pastures in Colorado at the end of July. Shed some tears over that one.

Sit like a person

Also, my parents' dog Elsa. She's part of a program called Helping Paws. The dogs live and train with a host family for three years before "graduating" and moving on to live with and assist people in wheelchairs. She's an amazing dog and a great pet too.

1284700086915.jpg

And yes, I do own more than one outfit.

excellent feedback. alot of the points brought up are the ones ive been wrestling with in my head the last two months or so. this kinda reminds me of the 'would you circumcise your boy?' thread from a year back. it's not a decision i would leave up to a message board, but the opinions and knowledge of the soulstrut braintrust has proven to be as useful as any other medium. not that im not up to the task, but it's a pretty heavy decision to make as a loving parent [and ball-having guy], innit?

You will prob decide (or feel pressured) to neuter. Sooner is better than later. Your mental recovery time will last longer than any physical pain the pup suffers. If you do it, take a couple days off work to cry, buy a bunch of dog treats and rent doggy movies while you two heal together. My Dog Skip is the best.