Stone Roses reforming

2»

Comments

• ian brown always appeared to me to own exactly one tee shirt around the time of their debut album. did they get jerked that hard by the label that dude couldn't afford a 2nd outfit?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This doesn't really come as a surprise to me. John Squire had an exhibition of his art at a gallery round the corner from my workplace a while ago. Having had a quick scan through the window at the collected works I surmised that it wouldn't be too long before the Stone Roses reformed.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• on a similar tip to junior's anecdote, Mani showed up at a club near me recently, together with Bobby Gillespie and the rest of Primal Scream, they were djing. surprisingly down to earth dudes, very chilled as you would expect from retired-ish rockstars, perhaps to the point of being a bit bored. Mani's missus smoked a spliff in the loo and got chucked out, so him and the bouncers ended up arguing on the street. Maybe it's the lack of excitement in their lives that prompted this.

I'm sure the roses were a terrible live band, their records are too well produced for them to have been anything more than underwhelming in person. b/w I've never understood why everyone worships the first couple of minutes of Breaking Into Heaven, I always found it a bit wanky, as with most of the second coming lp. early shit means a lot to me though, specially elephant stone. its nothing to do with quality, its to do with the experiences their music soundtracked, not druggy ones per se (in my case), more like that rose-tinted optimism of my teens.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Ian Brown AND Gary Neville? :shudder:

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    found a video of it,

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'm an interested party (working on the show) but the number of blagging calls I got from near strangers yesterday makes me think this'll sell fast. The people most gagging to go seem to be younger ones who can only have known the band through the records, or more likely through that one endlessly played track. Funny how they've become a band that every indie hipster references as an influence but I guess a massive drug intake, warring bandmates, a premature split and one iconic track are all you need to be a Music Legend (TM).

• rootlesscosmo said:
    ian brown always appeared to me to own exactly one tee shirt around the time of their debut album. did they get jerked that hard by the label that dude couldn't afford a 2nd outfit?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    LOL. The comment about the chinese was sarcasm. I'll try "May I shake the hand of Sir Ian Brown of The Stone Roses" next time. Not that I wanted to shake his f*cking wanking-claw or engage in convo with him. I take my Chinese errand-running extremely f*cking seriously.

The added wankstain dampened the sarcyness with a hint of bitterness.

Here's a little tip on how to engage those with more standing in the world, for future reference:

If you dont give a shit about a motherfucker, next time, shut the fuck up when you see them.

That way, you wont get your feelings hurt when your being all talkative and star struck again.

'Hey man, you dont know me, but - please notice me, Im a fan!'

:hi: