Facebook WTF?

2»

Comments

• I quit FB about 4 months ago and i feel a lot better without it and as a result have had no contact from friends and non-friends alike. Here's a scenario that happened to me.
    " Why didn't you come to my bar-b-que?"
    " you didn't tell me about it"
    " dude, it was on FB"
    " yeah.. i don't use it anymore... why didn't you call me"
    "oh i didn't think about that..."
    As a former hacker and in general a computer enthusiast I have come to the realisation that our technology has surpassed our humanity. Like most people i'm sick of the daily pics of an aquiantance's cat/party pics/child pics. I call people if i want to talk to them on my "dumb" phone. but otherwise i'm sitting at home reading a good book or listening to records. This social shit is too much for me. we've managed to survive a long time without it. In my opinion we don't need it. But what do i know.....

• I installed one of the 1st Facebook apps on my iPhone. Put that one on my MacBook via iTunes & everytime I updated the latest Facebook app version (which all sucked after that) erased it from my iPhone & copied the old app back on my iPhone. But I agree, let's meet again, talk again & start working on a Facebook-free world again...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Some of you sound like alcoholics blaming the booze. The faults lies not in the stars, dawgs, but within yourselves.

• Anyone else activate Timeline?
    Much better, looks great, and not all crazy like the main feed changes last week.
    Watching the preview commercial I didnt understand it at all and thought I would have to be on FB from birth, post pics, have frat like parties in college, post pics, get married and have a kid around 29, post pics, for this to make any sense...
    Now I see it I get it.