Star Wars Complete......

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Okem said:
    Alderaan now shoots first.

true story.
    haha... great.

If you havnt seen the Red letter Media review of The Phantom Menace go do it now. Hilarious and spot on point.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i just finished peepn the og....so R2 is the real hero?

i know when Lucas did the prequals he said that the entire story is supposed to be seen through R2s eyes.

• mattB said:
    Okem said:
    Alderaan now shoots first.

true story.
    haha... great.

If you havnt seen the Red letter Media review of The Phantom Menace go do it now. Hilarious and spot on point.

The Red Letter Media reviews were way better than the movies they were reviewing. I even loved the Star Trek reviews they did.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    batmon said:
    question

should Aanakin be mad tall since Darth Vader is like 7 feet or like 6'8"?

or did they add height when he got turned into a cyborg?

Anakins legs got burned off after his fight with obi-wan in rots, so vader has robotic legs.

• actually obi wan cuts them off, and an arm...and dooku took the other arm. then luke cuts off that first robotic hand..ahh the circle of life.

• I got the limited edition VHS set in the tin with pictures,Fulls scripts, making of vhs and the original trilogy.

Then DVD came out a few years later.
    Seems like whatever you buy they will keep churning out more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark-reed/1351093231/

This one.

• every great film series will always be put on new medium as technology changes.

that album you had on vinyl, was probably on 8track,cassette,cd,and now mp3..

why should george lucas stop making money on his product because you already have it? if he wants to modernize his films to match the texture of the prequels thats up to him...nothing that he has changed has made the story of the films really any different. and i'd say that a guy who grossed 6.7 billion with ticket prices on six films not counting any merchandising can do whatever he wants.

ill be making a new shirt design with mr lucas on it and in quotes above it will read "fuck your childhood, get money."

speakmumbles said:
    every great film series will always be put on new medium as technology changes.

that album you had on vinyl, was probably on 8track,cassette,cd,and now mp3..

why should george lucas stop making money on his product because you already have it? if he wants to modernize his films to match the texture of the prequels thats up to him...nothing that he has changed has made the story of the films really any different. and i'd say that a guy who grossed 6.7 billion with ticket prices on six films not counting any merchandising can do whatever he wants.

"I'll be making a new shirt design with mr lucas on it and in quotes above it will read "fuck your childhood, get money."

Minor tweaks in re-mastering is expected but adding Autotune to Vincent Price on Thriller is bullshit.

Or Mardi Gras without the Bells on Peter Piper.

• im sorry you didnt appreciate jabba/boba new hope addition, or wicket blinking..

• had the blu ray on pre order for months but I cancelled it ~ 3 weeks ago after I really thought about it.

Original VHS tapes
    the 97 restoration VHS tapes
    prequels on DVD
    the OG trilogy on DVD
    the OG Theatrical Versions DVDs

George Lucas has enough of my $$$, that and I read about the horrible tinkering he's done with the Blu Rays (small changes in number but another kick in the nuts for SW fans)

speakmumbles said:
    im sorry you didnt appreciate jabba/boba new hope addition, or wicket blinking..

I'd hatt for Quincy Jones to spin a story on how Thriller was a rough draft and im remastering it cause MJ always wants Bubbles on Bass guitar.

Lucas is gamin' muthafuckas.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Lucas is a fucking hack. He always was and always will be. American Graffiti and THX 1138 are OK, but he got lucky with Star Wars and the only talent he's shown since is the ability to milk that luck for every last bean it's worth. I remember an article that collected some of the fanboy reactions when The Phantom Menace came out ("It's official - I have wasted my life" being an especially memorable one), and things like that (and some of the things you guy have written) have always made me grateful for being just a little too old to have had anything emotionally invested in this whole Star Wars shit from the beginning. And besides ... (pause, deep breath) ... the movies really weren't that great anyway. If Lucas believed they were, he'd leave them alone.

This is a pretty interesting story, for those of you who ever wondered what actually caused Lucas to fall the fuck off even harder than Nas.

wow... the move to franchise Star Wars is on some Ray Kroc steez.

i watched the og last night and it was fine.
    im now peepin the remix and the color updates are crazy.
    There are times when it really works and there are times when cats are just overdoing it.

Same with the sound updgrades.
    When The Jawas shoot R2 the sound of the thump when he falls sounds like dude weighs 800 pounds.

• star wars, apocolypse now and the big lebowski are in a dead heat for greediest amount of re -releases.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    star wars, apocolypse now and the big lebowski are in a dead heat for greediest amount of re -releases.

dead heat? it's not even close. star wars completely blows all of them away. so many re-releases. i heard he's re-releasing all 6 films in 3-d in theaters soon, even.

apocalypse now redux was overdone, i will agree with that. but what other re-releases of that do i not know?

and the big lebowski? i'm not even sure where that came from. they haven't changed that movie at all as far as i know. never re-released it in theaters at all. i think they had 2 (maybe 3?) different editions on dvd, and they recently released it on blu-ray, but that doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

am i missing something? if so, please fill me in on stuff i don't know about with those other two films. i'm not sure how star wars doesn't crush every film in history in this department.

whats big lebowski?

• DocMcCoy said:

This is a pretty interesting story, for those of you who ever wondered what actually caused Lucas to fall the fuck off even harder than Nas.
    Damn.. Just killed a bunch of time at that website.. Think I've had my star wars fix for a while..

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Batmon, did you go Star Wars night at Shea a few days ago?

:vomit:

Anything involving Mr. Met is doomed to be completely lame.

Martin said:
    batmon said:
    whats big lebowski?

you sound black

have always made me grateful for being just a little too old to have had anything emotionally invested in this whole Big Lebowski shit from the beginning.

:P

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    batmon said:
    Martin said:
    batmon said:
    whats big lebowski?

you sound black

have always made me grateful for being just a little too old to have had anything emotionally invested in this whole Big Lebowski shit from the beginning.

Big Lebowski = greatest comedy of the nineties / the end

staxwax said:
    batmon said:
    Martin said:
    batmon said:
    whats big lebowski?

you sound black

Big Lebowski = greatest comedy of the nineties / the end

You still Rollerblade?

• vintageinfants said:
    star wars, apocolypse now and the big lebowski are in a dead heat for greediest amount of re -releases.

Nobody's touching Evil Dead 1-2 and Army of Darkness.

• frenzie said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Damn.. Just killed a bunch of time at that website.. Think I've had my star wars fix for a while..

pls to summarize?

rootlesscosmo said:
    frenzie said:
    DocMcCoy said:

pls to summarize?

Lucas's wife rounded out his game. They split and dude tries to remix his life with CGI.

• had no idea the mets had a star wars day. would have definitely gone to peep.

meanwhile, at disneyland...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The BT Tower in the West End gets turned into a giant light sabre for the Blu-Ray launch party.

The BT Tower in the West End gets turned into a giant light sabre for the Blu-Ray launch party.]

oh snap

• spcspc 534 Posts
    batmon said:

Anyone?

I already own a VHS set and a gang of DVDs. Plus i kinda dont care anymore.

A New Hope is kinda gritty in the first place - I dont feel like i need an upgrade.

What are the upgrades at this point after he done fucked it all up with the added CGI shit?

From the DVD to the BlueRay did Lucas and them tinker even more for this presentation or is it just the DVD versions cleaned the fuck up?

I dont think i need another making of and/or interview.

Please to not be on some lazy Jar Jar Binks Onion level joke steez.

Instead of upgrading dude should better downgrade:

http://fanedit.org/8392/

I still have to watch it though, but the first minutes really look good.