An evil, uber-right wing thought you foster

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Uh huh. And New Free America already exists, too.

Damn! So THAT'S why all these folks have been moving to Texas by the millions!

I didn't know.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Rockadelic said:
    The top 10% richest folks pay 70% of the taxes
    :question:

Income taxes.....but apparently this is incorrect and we will get the correct info momentarily.

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

In your New Free America you'll have a poll tax and the rich and the poor will all pay the same amount.

It's not a formula for a stable or sane society, but it's what the Ron Pauls of the world want.

everyone paying for shit they use, what a terrible idea!!!

• Everyone paying for shit they use is a great idea. So what's all the hub-bub against public, socialized health care?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Brian said:

It is a bit of a shitty idea. And it doesn't work... Try using this running fire departments and see where it gets you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DOR said:
    Brian said:

It is a bit of a shitty idea. And it doesn't work... Try using this running fire departments and see where it gets you.
    i was assuming frankiebanmealot was referring to republican proposals for flat tax rates; not ala carte fire service.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Everyone paying for shit they use is a great idea. So what's all the hub-bub against public socialized health care?
    do you read what you type bro? how does socialized health care remotely fall under paying for shit you use? i'm healthy as a muthafuckah and would definitely be using less and costing less than lmj's fat old ass

DOR said:
    Brian said:

There are some small rural towns in the U.S. where if you pay towards the Fire Dept. they will serve you when needed....and if you don't pay towards the Fire Dept and your house catches fire it burns to the ground with no firemen in sight.

• Wull shit bruh. I don't start fires, so I definitely wouldn't have to pay for a fire department!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Massachusetts is already "Old America."

No question

Man am I sick of this picture. It's not even originally a Red Sox "fan," for the record. I think the original team is Manchester United?

But there are now 78,000,000 photoshopped variations for every sports team in the world and beyond.

SoulOnIce said:
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Massachusetts is already "Old America."

No question

Man am I sick of this picture. It's not even originally a Red Sox "fan," for the record. I think the original team is Manchester United?

But there are now 78,000,000 photoshopped variations for every sports team in the world and beyond.

I've only seen the Red Sox version.....but now I'll never use it again.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Brian said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Everyone paying for shit they use is a great idea. So what's all the hub-bub against public socialized health care?
    do you read what you type bro? how does socialized health care remotely fall under paying for shit you use? i'm healthy as a muthafuckah and would definitely be using less and costing less than lmj's fat old ass

I haven't seen a doctor for 30 years. So, no.
    IS THIS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE BRO????

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i got a free copy of that in the mail from the ayn rand institute and was invited to study there. thoughts?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Brian said:
    i got a free copy of that in the mail from the ayn rand institute and was invited to study there. thoughts?

Hilarious.
    how fucking jealous are you that i have the prestigous opportunity to become an ayn rand scholar?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    summarize tl;dr copy and paste paragraph plz. i'm going to have to watch how much time i spend dropping knowledge here in order to properly prepare before i enroll with the institute.

• Can anyone get a free copy in the mail or is that just reserved for potential institute scholars?

• TheKindCromang said:
    Can anyone get a free copy in the mail or is that just reserved for potential institute scholars?

If it doesn't arrive in the mail, follow the neighborhood malcontent with the 'Go Galt' sticker on his Geo and smash in the back window. If you don't find a copy, at least you will have smashed his window.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Can anyone get a free copy in the mail or is that just reserved for potential institute scholars?
    come on man, they don't hand out tomes of wisdom like that to just anyone

• Brian said:
    TheKindCromang said:

yeah because you are fucking clairvoyant and already know if your appendix is going to burst, or you are going to get in a car wreck, or get shot/stabbed in a mugging, or develop a cancer...Lance Armstrong was "healthy as a muthafucka" and ended up getting cancer, what 17 times? Or perhaps you will pop off to wrong person with your bagger pontifications and get your ass beat...then you would need a doctor, regardless of how many leafy greens you eat and miles you run.

Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:
    Brian said:

There are some small rural towns in the U.S. where if you pay towards the Fire Dept. they will serve you when needed....and if you don't pay towards the Fire Dept and your house catches fire it burns to the ground with no firemen in sight.

No. They stand there and watch it burn down. Even if you want to pay what ever it cost.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Firefighters-watch-as-home-burns-to-the-ground-104052668.html

Believe that those dept. still get money from taxes. There is no way you could keep a dept going on a few hundred people paying $75 a year or whatever.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Brian said:
    TheKindCromang said:

yeah because you are fucking clairvoyant and already know if your appendix is going to burst, or you are going to get in a car wreck, or get shot/stabbed in a mugging, or develop a cancer...Lance Armstrong was "healthy as a muthafucka" and ended up getting cancer, what 17 times? Or perhaps you will pop off to wrong person with your bagger pontifications and get your ass beat...then you would need a doctor, regardless of how many leafy greens you eat and miles you run.
    your rant has no relation to my post but all of your scenarios listed are why me and my bro lance both have health insurance.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DOR said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:
    Brian said:

No. They stand there and watch it burn down. Even if you want to pay what ever it cost.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Firefighters-watch-as-home-burns-to-the-ground-104052668.html

Believe that those dept. still get money from taxes. There is no way you could keep a dept going on a few hundred people paying $75 a year or whatever.
    probably the only way to learn that you need to pay for shit you want

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    this morphed into the usual politcal circle jerk......so tired

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    with that thread title? no way

• batmon said:

Indeed.

Unfortunately it seems like they all do these days.

DOR said:

The facts are that the home was outside the municipal limits of which the fire department is obligated to service, and in which they receive tax money. They offered a service to those who had no fire department coverage for $75 a year which this home owner did not pay. As you point out, $75.00 a year is damn cheap to receive service from a fire department. In effect they could have paid $75 a year for the insurance that they would be serviced by the department...they didn't.

My home burned down and luckily I had insurance to cover my losses. If I didn't, I couldn't have called Allstate once the fire started and bought a policy.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Indeed.

Even the ones with Evil Right Wing in the title.....jeeeez.

I don't think I've ever started a music related thread here that evolved into politics.

Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

The facts are that the home was outside the municipal limits of which the fire department is obligated to service, and in which they receive tax money. They offered a service to those who had no fire department coverage for $75 a year which this home owner did not pay. As you point out, $75.00 a year is damn cheap to receive service from a fire department. In effect they could have paid $75 a year for the insurance that they would be serviced by the department...they didn't.

My home burned down and luckily I had insurance to cover my losses. If I didn't I couldn't have called Allstate once the fire started and paid for a policy.

My original point was. You can't run a fire dept. on only people who pay get coverage. You must get tax money.

But on the part I posted. I just posted it on the fact they just stood there. The guy didn't expect to pay the $75 then. He told them he would pay any amount to stop the fire and they didn't. Which is odd. But in any case...

DOR said:

My original point was. You can't run a fire dept. on only people who pay get coverage. You must get tax money.

But on the part I posted. I just posted it on the fact they just stood there. The guy didn't expect to pay the $75 then. He told them he would pay any amount to stop the fire and they didn't. Which is odd. But in any case...

Tax Money = People paying to get coverage.

Allstate wouldn't sell me a policy at any price once my house was burning.

It takes a special kind of asshole to watch a guys house burn down without offering to help, fireman or not.

• Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Indeed.

Even the ones with Evil Right Wing in the title.....jeeeez.

It's not the politics that bothers me, it's the circle jerking.

That was never my thing, but apparently some people here can't get enough.

(Not directed at you, Rock).

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    I guess that depends on which one initiates new wars, how many wars, and if they keep the cost on or off the books

It would probably be more dependent on which side of the fence the top 10% richest people lived on.

They live on the side of the fence that owns 70% of the assets.

According to a Ron Paul favoring site:

http://www.dailypaul.com/111232/us-wealth-distribution-10-of-us-citizens-own-709-of-all-us-assets

That 70% tax hit looks fine to me. Let's not forget they're still the top 10% even after the oppresive burden they are forced to endure to live in this cesspool of a country.