An evil, uber-right wing thought you foster

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
mine....Instant Eugenics for Jaywalkers....muhfuggers that decide it is ok to hold up traffic on a 4 or 6 lane 45 mile an hour road by sauntering across the middle of the street because they cant be bothered to walk the extra 50 yards down to the crosswalk...just run the fools over and hopefully, over time we can eliminate the jaywalking gene. Every damn morning, I spot at least a dozen shitheads doing this on my commute. Its maddening. Walk down to the cross walk shithead.

Comments

• Not sure about how "right wing"-ness of this....but its summer time which means TONS of road projects and construction hold ups.
    There are no less than 3 detours on my normal route to work each morning, which add, at a minimum, 15 extra minutes to my commute each morning.
    And by the time im sitting at the 3rd delay of the morning, i just stare at the flag guy (or lady) and think "i hate you and you and your company are sucking at the teat of county/city/state/federal government by getting this contract to do this raod work that you are obvioulsy not qualified to do....GETOUTOFMYWAY...blahblahblah."

that is all.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I believe adults in general should be allowed to discipline children???anyone's children???in public if they are acting inappropriately. I also believe that children need to learn discipline, including the fundamental lesson of how to shut the fuck up and behave themselves.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    kill litterers

make a police division for litter .......fine on sight same as drivers that violate

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    I believe adults in general should be allowed to discipline children???anyone's children???in public if they are acting inappropriately. I also believe that children need to learn discipline, including the fundamental lesson of how to shut the fuck up and behave themselves.

this...

i was at a party, an adult loft party, that had a pinball machine this weekend, and some kid ran over and was hanging off the side of the machine, fingers on the edge, mug hanging over, as i was playing... i couldn't believe it, as his parents were right there... after about 30 seconds, they told him "don't touch the machine", but he was still up in my area... it was my last game, so i wasn't sweating it too much, but it def made me think how when i was little, my parents always made me leave older people alone ("don't bother the man"...)

at the hotel i worked at, there was always some 4 year old running all over the lobby, getting under people's feet, etc, esp bellman who were trying to carry heavy bags... no one ever said anything... what's the deal, do u look like a heartless monster if u tell someone to reign their kid in?

p_gunn said:
    DB_Cooper said:

this...

i was at a party, an adult loft party, that had a pinball machine this weekend, and some kid ran over and was hanging off the side of the machine, fingers on the edge, mug hanging over, as i was playing... i couldn't believe it, as his parents were right there... after about 30 seconds, they told him "don't touch the machine", but he was still up in my area... it was my last game, so i wasn't sweating it too much, but it def made me think how when i was little, my parents always made me leave older people alone ("don't bother the man"...)

at the hotel i worked at, there was always some 4 year old running all over the lobby, getting under people's feet, etc, esp bellman who were trying to carry heavy bags... no one ever said anything... what's the deal, do u look like a heartless monster if u tell someone to reign their kid in?

Laissez faire non-parenting???the flip side of the helicopter parent coin. It's as though our cultural understanding of how to raise a regular kid has disappeared. I recall most parents being generally the same growing up???neither too permissive or too overbearing. They told you to go out and play and entertain yourself, and if you misbehaved, you paid for it.

• batmon said:
    kill litterers

make a police division for litter .......fine on sight same as drivers that violate

I am totally with this.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think folks are projecting people's ideas about how society should function on to how they parent?
    If there is one place I've seen one's overall outlook go out the door, it's while parenting.
    I don't think the parenting styles described above have a left or right stance - am I missing something?

I sometimes think I am the Board's most left person...but this is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Eugenics

I am not proud.

bassie said:
    I don't think the parenting styles described above have a left or right stance - am I missing something?

Old-fashioned discipline = conservative/right

Laissez faire "my child is my buddy" parenting = progressive/left

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    bassie said:
    I think folks are projecting people's ideas about how society should function on to how they parent?
    If there is one place I've seen one's overall outlook go out the door, it's while parenting.

I sometimes think I am the Board's most left person...but this is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Eugenics

I am not proud.

we're using the word right wing to mean conservative to mean old school... ie. back when I was a kid...

and back when i was a kid, no one thought it was cute if i ran all over the place and bothered people...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:

Old-fashioned discipline = conservative/right

Laissez faire "my child is my buddy" parenting = progressive/left

Ah, OK.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my coworker raises his daughter on that new shit. letting her hangout w adults at a prty and shit.

fuck yo kid go play by yourself or with other kids. were not all equal.

• Kind of a variation on secession - social conservatives (specifically the ones who want to make life difficult for anyone who is not a white, christian, heterosexual male) will secede and start their own "New America" or maybe they can call it "Free America". The New Free America will be a place where abortion is illegal, gay marriage is illegal, immigration is illegal, Islam, Judaism, and Atheism are illegal, and other things like this. If anyone complains or dissents they will be tried for treason and will be forever banished to "Old America" where people pay higher taxes, there is public healthcare, and people lift each other up rather than attempt to keep each other down.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    mine....Instant Eugenics for Jaywalkers....muhfuggers that decide it is ok to hold up traffic on a 4 or 6 lane 45 mile an hour road by sauntering across the middle of the street because they cant be bothered to walk the extra 50 yards down to the crosswalk...just run the fools over and hopefully, over time we can eliminate the jaywalking gene. Every damn morning, I spot at least a dozen shitheads doing this on my commute. Its maddening. Walk down to the cross walk shithead.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Personal responsibility.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Kind of a variation on secession - social conservatives (specifically the ones who want to make life difficult for anyone who is not a white, christian, heterosexual male) will secede and start their own "New America" or maybe they can call it "Free America". The New Free America will be a place where abortion is illegal, gay marriage is illegal, immigration is illegal, Islam, Judaism, and Atheism are illegal, and other things like this. If anyone complains or dissents they will be tried for treason and will be forever banished to "Old America" where people pay higher taxes, there is public healthcare, and people lift each other up rather than attempt to keep each other down.

Which one do you think will have the bigger population?

• Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Kind of a variation on secession - social conservatives (specifically the ones who want to make life difficult for anyone who is not a white, christian, heterosexual male) will secede and start their own "New America" or maybe they can call it "Free America". The New Free America will be a place where abortion is illegal, gay marriage is illegal, immigration is illegal, Islam, Judaism, and Atheism are illegal, and other things like this. If anyone complains or dissents they will be tried for treason and will be forever banished to "Old America" where people pay higher taxes, there is public healthcare, and people lift each other up rather than attempt to keep each other down.

I'd be willing to try it in order to find out

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Which one would you choose to live in?

Neither....I'd leave America and go live someplace like Massachusetts

batmon said:
    my coworker raises his daughter on that new shit. letting her hangout w adults at a prty and shit.

fuck yo kid go play by yourself or with other kids. were not all equal.

I raised my kids in a pretty traditional, conservative manner with a good amount of discipline.

BUT

When they got to be 15-16 I would let them come to places like ARC and hang out with "adults" (If we can classify record collectors as such) and party and shit.

At least one person was appallled that I would let them drink at that age but the way I look at it is they were gonna do it anyway, if not with me with their friends, and at least this way I could see how they handled themselves.

Truth is that because I allowed them to partake, drinking was not a big deal to them and they didn't go out and act the fool like so many young drinkers do.

Quite a few strutters have met my girls and now that they're in their 20's they STILL want to go to ARC and party.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    I believe adults in general should be allowed to discipline adults???anyone's adults???in public if they are acting inappropriately. I also believe that adults need to learn discipline, including the fundamental lesson of how to shut the fuck up and behave themselves.

TheKindCromang said:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Which one would be asking the other one for a bailout within five years?

• Brian said:
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Which one would be asking the other one for a bailout within five years?

I guess that depends on which one initiates new wars, how many wars, and if they keep the cost on or off the books

TheKindCromang said:
    I guess that depends on which one initiates new wars, how many wars, and if they keep the cost on or off the books

It would probably be more dependent on which side of the fence the top 10% richest people lived on.

• murder people at the cable company at will

• I don't think the political ideology really lines up with the parenting style like that. My parents are about as politically liberal as it gets and were definitely not on the 'do whatever you want' style when it came to parenting. I also worked in a wealthy town with a lot of conservatives and people were letting their kids go fucking nuts and be hella annoying, the vibe I always got was "you are in the service industry and my child is the most amazing thing on the earth so fuck you and deal with it"

I mean social conservatism seems to be based on hypocracy anyways so it kind of makes sense.

Alright, let's back up for a second. We all realize that "right" and "conservative" have different meanings depending on whether we're talking about economic policy or social policy, right?

Actually, never mind. Not looking to hijack.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

It would probably be more dependent on which side of the fence the top 10% richest people lived on.

Hmm, maybe available data could shed some light on the question.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

Without the top 10% richest folks who pay 70% of the taxes it's a pretty moot point who's gonna spend it. Whatever "America" the rich folks choose the other side will be broke.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Massachusetts is already "Old America."

No question

• Rockadelic said:
    The top 10% richest folks pay 70% of the taxes
    :question:

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Hmm, maybe available data could shed some light on the question.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

Without the top 10% richest folks who pay 70% of the taxes it's a pretty moot point who's gonna spend it. Whatever "America" the rich folks choose the other side will be broke.

It's beyond silly to think "the rich folks" would all pick the same side. Though I think I know which America most of their kids would want to go to college in.

And your tax figures are based on a misunderstanding that's fairly common these days. Income taxes are not the only taxes people pay - not by a long shot. The 70% figure is just not true.

Fair enough....I'm no tax expert.

So enlighten us....all that Federal tax money that was being spent on the link you posted...

What percentage does the Top Ten % richest folks pay of that?

TheKindCromang said:
    Rockadelic said:
    The top 10% richest folks pay 70% of the taxes
    :question:

Income taxes.....but apparently this is incorrect and we will get the correct info momentarily.

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html