September Finds

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Those are retarded eBay scores, Rey! Los Silverstone 45s are the shit: "Tamborito Swing" is guaranteed party starter / heaviest shit ever category, Whilst "Oh Gee" is firme rola #1, Panama style.

Oakland Art murmur finds. Miles Davis is 6 Eye and stone mint vinyl.

• So just back from Mexico and New York.

Flew into New York and stayed in Williamsburg for four days before flying to Cancun to spend the summer diving and chilling on the beach along with visiting the local Mayan sites. I had planned to spend another four days at the end of my trip digging hard in NY but Irene had other ideas reducing me to only a few hours in NY on my return. All of the following were from record stores, fleas and markets.

Actually found this first lot the day before I left in a local charity shop. Very pleased about the minty swiwl Juicy Lucy!

NY

Found lots of classic funky (acid) jazz and latin.

The 12's are Bongo Rock and Apache and Esther Williams Last Night Changed it All.

The 12" is the classic cut n paste Big Apple Productions. So happy to find this in a flea.

The rest of the stuff were found in a local charity shop yesterday. Couldn't resist for 50p each. Most of these will be turned into record tokens soon.

Never seen this last record before. One of the best covers I've seen on one of these UK cover LP's.

• Some garage & soul 45s by private mail. The illegible one on the right is The Collectors "Fisherwoman"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I drove 400 miles through West Texas and hit up towns like Commanche, Brownwood and Coleman and didn't buy a single record.

b/w

Dinner here made it less of a beating........ https://www.periniranch.com/beef_tenderloin.php

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Quality over quantity at the Pasadena City College swap yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by that Peter Green since it has a slightly misleading cover. I thought it was going to be an electronic soundtrack to a nature documentary film or something to that effect. Even better, it is guitar-led psych rock w/ jazz sensibilities. The Cozy 45, as you would probably expect, has nasty drums.

• August Acquisitions...

Keeper 45s...

Grip and Flip 45s

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• musica said:
    Those are retarded eBay scores, Rey! Los Silverstone 45s are the shit: "Tamborito Swing" is guaranteed party starter / heaviest shit ever category, Whilst "Oh Gee" is firme rola #1, Panama style.
    Had never heard of/listened to that Tamborito song. Had to google it and .... :face_melt:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice finds frank that unity cover is great

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I drove 400 miles through West Texas and hit up towns like Commanche, Brownwood and Coleman and didn't buy a single record.

b/w

Dinner here made it less of a beating........ https://www.periniranch.com/beef_tenderloin.php

Hey Rock,

Looks like you were in my neck of the woods. I'm in Abilene, about ten minutes from Perini's. If I would have known you were in the area I would have showed you around. Did you hit Record Guys in Abilene? I hit a goldmine in Brownwood a couple of years ago. Somebody dumped off a collection and bits of it were scattered around the the thrifts and fleas. Let me know if you head out this way again.

Jason

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• Rockadelic said:

b/w

Sorry we couldn't accommodate you any better bro. Usually there is at least a few gems lying around those type of towns. It has been a little dry around here the last few months though and I'm not just talking about the weather. Seems like there is a few new dudes scraping the barrel. Don't let it deter you.

• Found a dingy hoarder-type thrift store...Full of the 3Cs of chuddy records (Christian, Christmas, Cuntry).

Pulled these records for a dollar each...

• Damn Frank, that Akwassa is some smokin' shit. Seems you have to go to africa to pull it for anything less then a months rent.... not in the cards for me in the next while.
    These are from the last little while, haven't posted in the finds this summer... things were crazy.

the Roundhouse LP is dope

• uh, is that an og har-you lp?

• you have no idea how long it took me to get my grubby paws on a copy for reasonable $, and when it finally came, it was sealed! Dude even had a dupe, which he said he was going to put on ice for a while longer, better man then I.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I rarely post in finds simply because ya'll find better records than I do. I did okay this week though. The Tom Scott is an unplayed black label/red band.
    Attached files

• had another big dip into the collection of an apparently deceased dj/promoter preson who was active late 70s into the 80s. most of this stuff is from that, but some key pieces are from a nice visit to Good Records (incl chubby checker, the JA lps, wendy+bonnie 45). i think the dj's collection is done - the guys who were supposedly the "sons" of the dj have stopped coming around, possibly they ran out of time to clean up the property. who knows - cool stuff while it lasted though...

• subsub 311 Posts
    a selection of my new york holidays record shopping. most of the ones pictured come from the collection of an old lady i got to know after the asked me about the records under my arm while walking the streets of brooklyn.

• Grat find on Carol Kaye, i'm alway late to set sales on that one, or outbid on ebay. Someday.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• the "fruit from another garden" on rci is a pretty cool little record. that library is vladamir cosma very much in the vein of the funkier tracks on "the mad adventures of rabbi jacob" ost...

All a buck a piece

Finds from the Oakland Record Swap I organized. Beto from Soundway came through with heat and the infamous African seller Juan had $10 Fela LPs to sell me! Hot and Jumpy was cheap and clean. Overall it was a super nice sale, and made some serious $$$!