Carter IV

2»

Comments

• bassie said:
    pcmr said:

for example here he saves the day (and the good beat) not stellar but solid

weezy's verse here is on some birdman level of song ruining (remember baby's freeway feature)

OK - just saw this now. Personally, I think the whole song is ass and ain't nothing anyone can do to really save it. I guess everyone in that room for Drake's opening verse had to think about the saddest thing they could muster up so to not laugh at Aubs showing the fam his raps.

i haven't been able to stop doing that "hunh" that rickeh rawss kicks right before his verse..... even in some socially unacceptable situations.

edit: best part of the video: weezy keeps bonking that girl in the head with the brim of his cap!! LOL

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

for example here he saves the day (and the good beat) not stellar but solid

someone please do a gif of Aubrey's little "throw down" motion when he first appears at 0:19-0:20. Laughable.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i like the song, but "aubs" verse on Its Good being about wayne being in prison is so goofy. who does that? no dirt of your own to rhyme about ? smh

• faux_rillz said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    pcmr said:

birdman is close to the jiggaman @400mil

wow. how is that possible?

It's not--it's probably a self-reported figure.

And LOL @ Wayne supposedly having a net worth of $70 million--that's just as ludicrous. I'd be shocked if he was worth a tenth of that.

Baby owns the most succesful record label I the world, if you break down their chart action, their business model (straight p&d), and some of their less savory business practices (hello multiple suits for nonpayment of mechanicals and recouped producer royalties) and you add up all income streams and there is nothing remotely farfetched about this #. Or the Wayne one.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Brian said:
    am i the only one who has no desire at all to listen to this

no. I mean, Drake and John Legend are on this album. two dudes I go to great lengths to avoid listening to. that's enough for me to pass on it. I guess I could skip those tracks, but what the fuck are they doing on this tape to begin with then?

It's all redeemed though by the bonus tracks where he's managed to get Bruno Mars in the mix as well.

I also have to admit that I wasn't particularly excited about hearing this, he's pretty much killed a lot of my enthusiasm for him with the ever constant stream of shit that he's released since Carter III (which in itself was a noticeable drop off from what came before).

Having now sat down and listened through it all once I skipped back to see which tracks I'd like to listen to again and couldn't find a single one. It's not exactly bad, every thing's very professional, just lacking in anything really memorable or worth revisiting.

Wanted it to be great, would have been happy with good, not happy to accept dull.

• kinda with junior, bits of it got my head nodding but i'm in no rush to put it on again. and i'm with big ghost, drake is just fucking audio kryptonite to me. he does to me what crucifixes do to vampires.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why do you y'all even bother to listen to stuff that you know will be bullshit before you even hear it?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Herm said:
    Ecstasy is killing over-commercialized, fake-ass Hip Hop that isn't Hip-Hop to begin with.

There, fixed.