August finds

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Dante said:
    finelikewine said:
    today I bought a 1500 piece collection of mostly brazilian records. Lots of great psych and stuff.
    I havn't looked through all of them but i picked a few random ones to post here:

Unfortunatly

Sorry for the bad quality, maybe I will post better ones tomorrow.

Shiiiiiiiiet.

Set sale coming up?

yes, unfortunatly. After buying this collection I'm completly broke. I have no other chance than to sell a big part of it.
    I don't have a clue how to price them, though... Popsike, collectorsfrenzy & discogs can't help here, because lot of obscure brazilian stuff isn't listed. In the collection are a lot of brazilian pressings of classics and lots of psych/kraut rock raer.
    I have no clue if these brazilain pressing are worth more or are more thought after than the regular pressings.
    Can anyone school me on this topic?

BTW the whole collection looks mostly mint as hell

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    finelikewine said:

Make high-quality WAVs of everything you have to sell!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    finelikewine said:

Dude, this is a 1500 piece collection. I wish I could. And this won't help me to prize the records either....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Duderonomy said:
    finelikewine said:

Dude, this is a 1500 piece collection. I wish I could. And this won't help me to prize the records either....

If there's anything stupidly raer, would you consider approaching a re-issue label? May be the best way to recoup your expenses, and spread the music/money around too.

I'm no expert in this field either. I assume somebody here will be able to help - maybe you should start a separate thread: "Brasilian records HELP needed" to direct knowledgable heads.

Duderonomy said:
    finelikewine said:
    Duderonomy said:
    finelikewine said:

If there's anything stupidly raer, would you consider approaching a re-issue label? May be the best way to recoup your expenses, and spread the music/money around too.

I'm no expert in this field either. I assume somebody here will be able to help - maybe you should start a separate thread: "Brasilian records HELP needed" to direct knowledgable heads.

I guess I'll post some pictures here.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Sorry i got no pictures but i found a minty fresh copy of Mike Sammes Singers - Hymns a Swinging at a local charity shop for 50p! Its a decent record but theres only 2 real stand out tracks on it for me.

I also finally managed to get a copy of Zappa's Hot Rats for a good price when i visited a new spot with time off work.

• If you're not sure just trust your ears. The more "juice" you feel off a record the higher you price it. Just make sure to note that you'll take offers in case you price too high, sort of a like a reverse auction.

Plantweed said:
    If you're not sure just trust your ears. The more "juice" you feel off a record the higher you price it. Just make sure to note that you'll take offers in case you price too high, sort of a like a reverse auction.

I don't believe my ears anymore. I sold good awful records for big money in the past. But thanks anyway.
    At the moment I try to upload about 100 pictures but imageshack.us stops the uploading constantly.
    Is there an easy way to upload a bulk of pictures? It would be best if the hosting service let me copy all picture urls
    at once, so that I don't have to copy & caste each picture individualy. Does something like this exist?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

^^^^^^^^
    This.

A list of your brazilian records would help very much to tell if they are raers or commons.
    If they aren't in popsike, CF and discogs probably it's because they're stupidly rare or too common.

• finelikewine said:
    In the collection are a lot of brazilian pressings of classics and lots of psych/kraut rock raer.
    I have no clue if these brazilain pressing are worth more or are more sought after than the regular pressings.

Response retracted.

• finelikewine said:
    I don't believe my ears anymore. I sold good awful records for big money in the past.

So has everyone. Don't sweat it. Yes, do your research and request assistance but don't go overboard and expect everyone to be your collective price guide at the same time.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

1st action bronson vinyl

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    not my pic, but I found a very nice copy of:

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    [/img]

being a huge Bobby Bland fan, im not one to often say "he out does Bobby Bland" but his Bobby Bland cover on the flip of this is amazing, better than Bobby's OG IMO.

The_Hook_Up said:

being a huge Bobby Bland fan, im not one to often say "he out does Bobby Bland" but his Bobby Bland cover on the flip of this is amazing, better than Bobby's OG IMO.

co-sign....starts off a little weak but does indeed kill it.

i wish i had that guitar Mickey Baker is playing, love the look of Fender Jazzmasters.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    what is the LP with dude playing guitar standing on his bed? something I should know?

• Just listened to that Don Tiare this week. Solid exotica.

SoulOnIce said:
    what is the LP with dude playing guitar standing on his bed? something I should know?

It's by a band called Hatterfox.....pretty mediocre AOR/Hard Rock

Just listened to the Don Tiare and was surprised how good it is for that genre.

Not only is Mickey Baker's guitar cool, so is the LP and this is a green label Stereo raer.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• mint belladonna for 30 bucks made my month, been after that one for ages!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rock, you don't need that Diamond Alley. I got $5 on it!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I wanna clunk you over the head and skeedaddle with your 45z! I also wanna hear at least half of those.

• The_Non said:
    I wanna clunk you over the head and skeedaddle with your 45z! I also wanna hear at least half of those.

But if you clunk me over the head with them, they might break, and then you'll never hear them!

FWIW i think they're all on youtube or grooveshark. If not, let me know which ones and I'll post audio.

• @otis
    some great stuff there, especially that fabulous counts record!

Finally gotten around to taking pictures of some of my finds from my trip to Puerto Rico last month. Excuse the big 45 pictures.

Live Band record(bottom left corner) has some good modern soul joints.

The Guillo sounds like a Puerto Rican Brazilian album.
    That Frank Ferrer(far right top coner) is interesting. Its like a mix of jibaro, salsa, and funk.

Lissette surprisingly has some nice bossa nova moves.
    The Felipe Gil(far right top corner) is a mexican scientologist that sounds like sophy(music wise not singing).
    Glauco(the guy doing the kung fu moves) has a track by Ricardo Marrero.

The Nightwalkers has a really nice psych track. When I get a chance I put a rip of it here.
    The Mana Peniel is like a christian jimi hendrix.
    Frankie y Los Matadors has some cool garage tracks and a james brown cover.
    The record with the space jesus on the cover sounds like something that Curren$y would rap over.
    The Amphonic has some pretty good tracks on it. I'll post a rip of one of them.

7" Singles

12" Singles

But the highlight for me was this: