TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    PL Winner: CITY

PL top 4: CITY, UTD, SKI, ARS

Relegated: NOR, SWA, WOL

Surprise team: QPR

Top Scorer: ROONALDO

Surprise player: KUN (ie he will live up to his promise once Tevez f*cks off)

Biggest flop: TORRES

First manager to get sacked: ARRY

CL winner: BARCA

La Liga winner: BARCA

Serie A winner: The Mafia

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Yay, I'm in.

Given my total shunning of EPL douchetardery this past season, thought to make this one worth a modicum of interest by selecting only players that I despise. So that narrowed it down to ALL players, barring a couple worthy of grudging respect - Neville P, for example - and therefore opted to select only the completest and utterest of cuntlies.

Totally unrelated, but do any of you dudes know why lorry drivers have a tendency to park their artics and whatnot on bridges directly over the carriageway on M'ways and larger A roads?

This has puzzled and vexed me for some while.

Car fetish?

Maybe it's to deter theft, as there will be 'nuf witness a pass tru pon di battam?
    Maybe it indicates to motorists that they will do you cheap diesel.
    Maybe they like to gurn one out whilst scanning for office totty traffic.

Let's hope I never find out.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    PL Winner: U-N-I-T-E-D

PL top 4: UTD, ARS, CHE, MAN CITY,

Relegated: NOR, SWA, NEW

Surprise team: WOLVES

Top Scorer: HERNANDEZ

Surprise player: WELLBECK (he's one season away from legend status)

Biggest flop: TORRESSSSSS

First manager to get sacked: PARDEW

CL winner: MAN UTD (if we get Sneijder)

La Liga winner: BARCA

Serie A winner: Some Italian cunts.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Arsene, please sign a defender who does this

This made me laugh.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG8680898/Are-these-Britains-best-dressed-real-men.html

FFS, there are dickie bows in there. I want to kind of front-flip and karate-kick them in the face.

Smart workwear for me is a polo instead of a T.

And I hate ironing.

??? ??? ??? ??? DEAL ??? ??? ??? ???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• J i m s t e r said:
    This made me laugh.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG8680898/Are-these-Britains-best-dressed-real-men.html

FFS, there are dickie bows in there. I want to kind of front-flip and karate-kick them in the face.

Smart workwear for me is a polo instead of a T.

And I hate ironing.

??? ??? ??? ??? DEAL ??? ??? ??? ???

I know one of those guys, also as featured in the Metro yesterday... And yes, a karate kick is required.. Still, they're slightly better than the rest of the East London clones...

• Great shout on Pardew being the first "Managerial Casualty"

Shit, still time for him to do an O'Neill!

• Great quiz to test the memory for 20 minutes.
    Name as many of the 260 managers during the Premier League years.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/defoeginola/every-premier-league-manager-1992-2011

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    anyone have the results from last year? i had my most points ever but dont think i did that great compared to the 'strut field

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    so Tottenham got burnt down this weekend? Typically I would cheer for this, but in the little reading I have done about this, sounds like some serious schitt. Actually, national news here in the States just had a piece about this.

whats the word UK strutters, and jokes aside, cops killing minorities is a pretty touchy issue. Hope schitt chills out over there for all interested parties.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Tottenham on Fire, Arsene Suspected

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've been reading about this at a distance, but it seems as if a legitimate protest over the police shooting of a local man (who, it now appears, may not have shot at police as early reports claim) was hijacked by disaffected youth who may or may not have been beefing about things like youth service budgets having been slashed by 35% in an area already suffering under proper grinding poverty. Of course, it could equally have been an instance (with several more occurring overnight) of opportunistic robbery and destruction, along with the same old story of how, when people get buck like this, it's their own community that's destroyed and it gives people yet another excuse to avoid investing in the area.

That, and how you don't get riots under Labour governments.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/07/tottenham-riots-police-duggan-live

The fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, which sparked the Tottenham riots took a dramatic twist with the revelation that there may not have been any exchange of fire during his arrest.

Initial reports from the Independent police complaints commission were that during an apparent exchange of fire police officers from C019 fired two shots which killed Duggan. The suggestion was that officers could have come under fire from the minicab carrying Duggan on Thursday night.

Much of this assumption came from the fact that a bullet had lodged in a police radio worn by an officer at the scene ??? raising speculation he might have been fired at from the vehicle. A non police issue handgun was also recovered at the scene where Duggan was shot dead in Ferry Road.

But the Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on the bullet lodged in the officer's radio show that it was a police issued bullet ??? and had not therefore been fired by Duggan or anyone else in the area.

The reveleation comes as one community leader suggested that the handgun recovered was found in a sock and therefore not ready for use.

It is likely to fuel anger on the streets of Tottenham and elsewhere in London as it provides evidence that officers were not under attack at the time they opened fire on Duggan.

Pillars of the community not usually carrying shooters in their socks. Folls get asshurt about not being able to live dishonestly while taking taxpayer's money. I am from a shitty, shitty council estate in a shitty town and concluded that, if you want life to be better, you have to get a job and move. Stealing better trainers or burying your head in the sand with heroin will not remedy this.

Shit, better not take a pee in case I look in the mirror and see Norman muhfug Tebbit!

I'm not in favour of rioting, but not surprised by it either. What with the Torie government, this rioting, the royal wedding, and the music, it's the '80s all over again.
    Was good to see in some of the footage that the looters formed an orderly que. Still British and all that.

• Ashley young at old trafford yes plaese.

peace, stein. . .

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Boring boring Man UTD.

:P

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    See what happens when you play a midfielder who can actually do something other than defend well and play long balls to the wing.

Liked the look of Cleverly since seeing him play for the England Under-something-or-others & I know our boy Jack is a fan. Although him and several other United youngster were in the U21s this summer and they failed pretty miserably.
    It'll be interesting to see how much 1st team time Fergie gives them this season.

Yeah, taking that it's a glorified friendly into account, I thought the most interesting thing about yesterday's match from the Utd perspective was the impact and extra oomph that came from the young players introduced in the second half. Very promising indeed and thought Cleverly, Smalling and Welbeck were all decent. Good performance by Young as well. Got me slightly more excited about the new season anyway.

Don't really know what Citeh could take away from it apart from that Mancini could buy another ten attacking players and they would still play defensively. Put my Fifa 11 faith in them into perspective regarding FPL picks anyway.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    With a midfield three of Yaya, the karate kid & garry barry, they should be defensively solid. But Yaya seemed to go awol, so even though they play defensively they seemed to be failing at that pretty badly.

Citeh's problem is that they still haven't realised that those expensive players they bought from the Birmingham area are a crock. They really need to just go the Real route and try buy the best available in every position. You can sure as hell bet the Jose is going to be putting in 20 mill + bids for the likes of Barry or Milner any time soon. All of which will be kinda a shame, as Citeh have one of the best Academies going. But thems the breaks.

I think with Smalling & Jones Yanited have got a very solid CB pair for the foreseeable future. Still annoyed that neither of them wanted to come to Arsenal. Jones I can understand, but how a Londoner can choose a Northern team is beyond me. :-P

I found this great comment on the Guardian's Big Chill review/burial of Kanye.

"There is so much bullshit in music right now" Yeah like every neutered R&B and pop artist Kanye associates himself with.

He's the Man Utd of pop music. Hailed as a genius by most of the world and someone who journalists dare not write a bad word, gloating his success in peoples faces and throws tantrums when he gets critiqued.

What's wrong with being successful?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    I found this great comment on the Guardian's Big Chill review/burial of Kanye.

"There is so much bullshit in music right now" Yeah like every neutered R&B and pop artist Kanye associates himself with.

He's the Man Utd of pop music. Hailed as a genius by most of the world and someone who journalists dare not write a bad word, gloating his success in peoples faces and throws tantrums when he gets critiqued.

What's wrong with being successful?
    I don't get it. how is he like Man U?

I don't see it either, but I guess he's trying to say both him and Fergie share similarly undesirable traits.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I guess.

They're both successful, yet disrespected because they're cunts.
    They both get fawned over in the media more than they deserve.
    They both claim to be persecuted by those who seem to be simply bending over for them.
    They're both cunts. Or did I do that one already. Actually Kanye isn't that bad.

I have shrines to both of them in my bedroom?

And Nani has a shrine to himself.

Grauniad says Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reportedly undergoing medical at Arsenal.
    Can he play in defence?
    Can he be a De Jong in midfield?
    Can he perform :pasue: on a cold Tuesday night away to Blackburn?