TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Apparently he thought the ref had already blown offside, hence the whistle mime. I like him too, he doesn't take it too seriously and if he did he'd be miserable. The "Darts" incident was a bit mad but compared to Lee Bowyer, Joey Barton and the recently-exposed assorted adulterers, he's no trouble.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I didn't even realise he heard a whistle (which does explain it), and would also rather see more players trying to entertain, possibly at their own expense, for the fans. It shows cojones. And as he doesn't play for my team, I'm also quite happy for him to get suspended if it means he isn't playing against us - and that's probably the highest compliment I can give him as I think he could be an amazing player.

If you want to talk about real cunts, look no further than Ibrahimabitch.

Watched a pre-season match between Bayern & Barcelona last night on tv.
    Barca played their B team, and won 2-0. This kid Thiago Alcantra was amazing. He's a bit like Nani in physique and technical style, only much, much better. And he's only 20. I think Pedro and Villa have more to worry about than Xavi or Iniesta. He will be a major player for them this season, and I don't understand why Barcelona bought Sanchez. Don't think they'll need him.

b/w

This boy is pretty good:

Not so good:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i really don't think we need sanchez either
    but when we sit villa he can come in and power through
    i must say i watched him quite a bit with udinese and he can adapt to quick pace passing barca style
    tiago is amazing (home grown product) he is being groomed to replace xavi in the end
    finally the young dos santos we have and maybe if bojan develops at roma and pedro stays in form
    we are good for another decade ;)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    congrats on aguero jimster
    i hope roque santacruz can find a home (turkish b league perhaps)

tevez and cesc situations need to be settled once and for all
    i don't know how it would've worked but since real madrid want tevez and are willing to let benzema or higuain go to get the $$ an you wanted to unload adebayor...it seems a solution could have been made.
    arsenal would need a benzema (arsene loves him) or higuain (to replace an injured RVP)

pcmr said:

arsenal would need a benzema (arsene loves him) or higuain (to replace an injured RVP)

Neither Benzema or Higuain are decent replacments for Van Percy imo. Adequate replacements for Adebayor (Bendtner never stepped up) or Chamakh, but Van Percy is on a different level to all of these players. More skill and technique, more likely to produce a moment of magic out of nothing, also frequently drops deep to get involved in build-up play. I haven't seen anything from Benzema or Higuain to suggest that they'd do much of that.

Looking forward to seeing Aguerro in the Prem.
    I've always thought Balotelli would be good at Arsenal*, but we never seem to spend the money needed.

* aimless backheels in front of goal aside!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    never benzema but higuain could
    his time at real forced him to become more creative in setting up
    however he has few magic moments that are not straight to goal related
    he would be a better walcott however
    but injuries plague him as well
    your right about balotelli (personality aside)
    the guy should have stayed in italy though and finally went to his beloved AC were assholes like cassano and ibra are allowed free reign (and make robinho look like a choir boy and team player)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    actually ibra v balotelli

would be super entertaining in the same team fighting for influence and making snide media comments

ps: ibra's new ponytail hairdo is his worse yet

pcmr said:
    congrats on aguero jimster
    i hope roque santacruz can find a home (turkish b league perhaps)

tevez and cesc situations need to be settled once and for all

Aguero hasn't played 1 second of Prem footy yet so, whilst he looks good on YouTube, I will reserve comment until he looks better than Jo.

Would like to see Sneijder + a good prospect in exchange for Tevez, although that midfield might be too creative for Bobby's defensive mindset.

J i m s t e r said:

Would like to see Sneijder + a good prospect in exchange for Tevez, although that midfield might be too creative for Bobby's defensive mindset.

Assuming Mancini sticks with two holding mids

Hart
    Richards Toure Kompany Clichy
    De Jong Yaya Toure
    Johnson Silva Kun
    Dzeko/Balotelli

?
    David Silva is an outstanding prospect. Iniesta-like. Do you need Sneijder?

b/w

Citeh fans get all the fun in pre-season now.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    from what i've seen at atletico, he needs a lot of service and then he can draw defenders
    he's a good poacher but if he gets isolated (defensive minded coach style) than he is uneffective
    not super generous with the ball but not ronaldo either

I don't know why Adam Johnson warms the bench so much. He must have cheesed off the gaffer. He got a bollocking for partying one night but he seems frozen out. Clichy was solid @ Arsenal but not sure if it's good business. I didn't see too many wet hankies from the Emirates crowd here when he moved on. But Boateng had become Persona Non Grata despite being a German regular, so that paid for Clichy who does have experience here.

neil_something said:

SMH.
    Mata, Jagielka and/or Samba?

While Mata sounds like a decent enough signing, I fear he will be a bit like Reyes, and we def need some defensive cover. I'd still like to see Wenger break the bank on a big name. Sneijder if Cesc is going. Citeh don't need him! Or maybe Neymar. I think if we bagged somebody like Neymar, Cesc & Nasri might actually feel more inclined to stick around and win things with Arsenal.

Gervinho, Mata, Jagielka... they just feel like squad players who don't bring anything that the team doesn't already have (in theory - Vermaelen fit).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    juan mata is extremely precise and creative and had great development at valencia
    he will fit right in and i hope this moves works well suarez style, still young though but i think its a solid signing

Duderonomy said:

Best celebration dig ever on the 4th goal - I didn't even see it, I WAS BREAKING MY CLOCK!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, please, Lord, please let it be true...

I tell you what, he'd score a fuck sight more for us than Owen has for them.

FAO Junior; following that discussion, saw this early Jungle Techno mix poasted on another forum and figured you might wanna check it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0zmfaimbiwwisf8

01 Essence Of Aura ??? Never Trust Your Fantasy ??? Outstanding
    02 Wax Doctor & Jack Smooth ??? Rock To The Groove ??? Basement
    03 Ratty ??? Bouncing ??? Formation
    04 Citadel Of Kaos ??? Warped ??? Boombastic Plastic
    05 Fast Floor ??? Mind Sweeper ??? Smooth Recordings
    06 Bounty Killaz ??? Silent Voices ??? Creative Wax
    07 Tango ??? Think Twice ??? Moving Shadow 2 on 1
    08 Wax Doctor & Jack Smooth ??? Whats Going On ??? Basement
    09 The Noise of Art ??? Stomp ??? Subbase
    10 The Ant Hill Mob ??? Antology ??? Anthill
    11 Top Buzz ??? The Wok ??? Basement
    12 Doc Scott ??? Rage ??? Reinforced
    13 Fourth Dimension ??? Oblivion ??? Formation
    14 Tango & Fallout ??? Further Intrigue ??? Tango & Fallout
    15 Subwoofer Agte ??? Hymn (Intense Remix) ??? ULR
    16 Kev Bird & Wax Doctor ??? Obscene ??? Basement
    17 One From The Posse ??? No Place Like Milk ??? Force Inc
    18 Unit 1 ??? Love Me ??? Creative Wax
    19 JJ Frost ??? Osmosis (Ratty Remix) ??? Formation
    20 DJ Rap & Aston ??? Vertigo (Q Bass Techno Remix) ??? Subbase

Previous Volumes : http://www.hardscore.com/index.php?s=scud+beatz

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Lovely stuff, cheers Duder! To be honest I never knew that Jungle Techno was a sub category of what to me was still then either jungle or hardcore but this mix has some classics I know and am dying to hear again (Think Twice!) and a lot I've never heard before so going to be all over this like acid faces on a hoody.

Junior said:
    Lovely stuff, cheers Duder! To be honest I never knew that Jungle Techno was a sub category of what to me was still then either jungle or hardcore but this mix has some classics I know and am dying to hear again (Think Twice!) and a lot I've never heard before so going to be all over this like acid faces on a hoody.

Yeah, I'm not 100% certain when something is Jungle Techno and when it's late era Hardcore/early Jungle, and tbh, that rough and ready sound aesthetic you described doesn't dominate my own crates. Hope that mix is worth the DL.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I see my fellow Smiths enthusiast, Joey Barton, has been released by NUFC.

Can't wait till they get relegated.

Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

Yeah, I'm not 100% certain when something is Jungle Techno and when it's late era Hardcore/early Jungle, and tbh, that rough and ready sound aesthetic you described doesn't dominate my own crates. Hope that mix is worth the DL.

This reminds me of a conversation I had when two of the older kids in school were trying to convince me that Heavy Rock wasn't Heavy Metal (Zep/Sabbath v. Priest/Maiden-R). This was, as I am sure you will understand, the musical currency du jour , along with the alternate camp of Mod/2-Tone.

Nothing moved on since 1979, then.

Alright, so Barton is half-decent (for an English player), but how many clubs will bother with the hassle of a guy who's likely to start fights with team mates, miss games due to suspensions, miss games due to time inside on aggravated assault, and generally drag the image of your football club down into the gutter?

He's had plenty of second chances, but the guy is obviously a prime bell-end. If he was really good, like Maradona good, all of that bad behaviour would probably be ignored. But he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Best thing he's ever done is to slate the current England squad for the bunch of talentless dicks that they are (Scholes also gets a Blue Peter badge for this, but he was a genuine talent with numerous badges for passing, scoring, fouling, cookery, and winning).

Fuck I can't wait for the football season to start again. Dunno why though, as this year's transfer window only makes me feel pessimistic.

J i m s t e r said:

Nothing moved on since 1979, then.

No. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    You catch that Dzeko goal Silva set up?

The kind of players Man U are after just aren't available.

City apart it has to be the first year in a while when none of the title contenders have dramatically strengthened their squad which suggests it should be a fairly open title race again. Having played with Citeh a fair bit on FIFA 11 I'd recommend to Mancini that he plays Balotelli as a lone striker up front with Dzeko sat just behind him. Combination of height and speed destroys most competition. Mind you, Crouch is also an untouchable goal scoring machine in the game so I suspect it can't be fully trusted. Speaking of City, this was a suitably horrifying read:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Gap for Wenger to buy some players is closing fast and you have to begin to suspect that he doesn't really have the funds unless they sell Cesc, despite claims to the otherwise. Thought United could do with one more buy until I saw little Michael destroying all and sundry on the pre season tour.

Duder, have had a sneak preview of some of the tracks on that mix on youtube while waiting to get home and download it and I kind of see where they're coming from with this jungle techno label now, definite distinct sound to much of this stuff, particularly the beats. Still, sounds like hardcore to me.

Duderonomy said:

You catch that Dzeko goal Silva set up?

The kind of players Man U are after just aren't available.

Yeah, proper Death-Star-Torpedo passing. I was hoping Robinho would have been this kind of player, but Silva appears to be the real deal. And he's not even a starter for Spain, IIRC. Strangely, nothing from the one SNEIJDER made the highlights. He's not a flair player but I expected his workrate to have a bearing on the game, even a friendly, as he's in the shop window. I can see why SAF is not that keen at that price.

Now Balo wants to go home. Lad needs to grow up; he's the constant in the equation of his own misery. 20 year olds with millions in the bank are fickle things.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Gap for Wenger to buy some players is closing fast and you have to begin to suspect that he doesn't really have the funds unless they sell Cesc, despite claims to the otherwise.
    He still has the 27 million we got from shipping our deadwood to Citeh. Fuck knows why he doesn't spend it though. For sure Cesc going will force him in to buying, but I don't think it's lack of cash that's holing him back at the moment.

Okem said:
    I don't think it's lack of cash that's holing him back at the moment.

Pride?

Yeah I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt as, while I can certainly sympathise that getting a decent player at a good value price is somewhat in short supply at the moment, Arsenal more than anyone else are in dire need of bringing in some extra talent. I don't think the argument about how good the squad would be if everyone is fit is going to hold much weight this season if they don't at least look like they're trying to fill the gaps.

Plus, is he actually going to play Arshavin more this season? Guy's still a talent and may be it would be worth restructuring round him if/when Cesc goes.