TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Arseshavings, Wilshire, Bloodclott, RVP, Cesc(?), Sagna are a good core (when they are all fit). I would take any of them. The talk of Nasri to Citeh seems like tabloid shit-stirring - surely a deal would have been done by now.

Back 4 looks like Arsenals biggest issue, followed by their long-term malaise of having no strenf in depf.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Unfortunately imo Arsenals problems are more complex, although an assured and competent CB pair would definitely help, I don't think it will solve our problems. The system we play is as much at fault. We try and play a Barca light possession game, but don't, or can't, play their aggressive pressing game, which is vital if you're going to play a high defensive line.
    It's our inflexibility, our unwillingness to play the very way Arsenal used to be famed for, that is our Achilles heel. Until we change that, we will always be reliant on how brilliant our performances are, and always be open to a soft goal that undoes all the hard work.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Just read this on a blog and hope it was true:

Apparently Bendtner had a run-in with Jens Lehman last season:
    Bendtner walks in with his hat on.

Lehmann: "Take that hat off indoors and show some respect."
    Bendtner: "Things have changed since you left."
    Lehmann: "Yes. We used to win things..."

Lehmann grabs Bendtner's hat and throws it to the floor.

Lehmann: "...And I'm back now!"

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i signed Mats Hummels on FIFA and then won the treble. so uh, they should do that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    good analysis okem
    i really hope this cesc thing gets done for all parties involved
    this iwll be tiago's year (no way you are getting him)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Have I missed the Fantasy Football post, or are you slack bastards (especially the ones who walked it) crapping out on it this season, leaving me with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to improve on last season's mid-table mediocrity (which was also my all-time best FF season)?

• DocMcCoy said:
    Have I missed the Fantasy Football post, or are you slack bastards (especially the ones who walked it) crapping out on it this season, leaving me with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to improve on last season's mid-table mediocrity (which was also my all-time best FF season)?

i appear to have been automatically added to the soul strut league... i guess it depends if you log in with the same details you've used before.

DocMcCoy said:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

Join Private League

Code is 42594-17164

Old credentials didn't work for me; have to log in with email addy now.

Good luck. Fielding scummers? :icegrill:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    In a moment of weakness and severe boredom at work logged in to the new FPL just, you know, for research purposes. God damn that thing is an ugly mess now. I can see what they were trying to do but they have failed. Miserably.

J i m s t e r said:
    Good luck. Fielding scummers? :icegrill:

Only one. Hey, nobody died...

9 entries so far:

The Wizard's Sleeves :: Jimster of the J
    the dudes abide :: neil something
    Kenyadiggit FC :: aaron b
    Cescy Berberotica :: Ed Lee
    FC Watcha Gwandoo :: Adam D
    VfB Heisenberg 1960 :: Paul McGee
    Cult of Personality :: Paul Chase
    Eboue Athletic :: Jake Shears
    Bluemoan :: Paul C

At least we are all guaranteed a top 10 finish.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I forgot how much I enjoy staring at my fantasy league team.

Good to see legendary rap producer Paul C has come back from the dead to participate, what an honour!

Squeaky Bum Time

Does the Fantasy league know something we don't?

Jose Enrique
    ARS (H)

[strike]Is that ARS for Arsenal?[/strike]

I get it now, it's next opponents.

• Please to let a newb join?

More the merrier.

The code is above.

If you look like winning, I can delete you later.

Okem said:
    Unfortunately imo Arsenals problems are more complex, although an assured and competent CB pair would definitely help, I don't think it will solve our problems.

Arsenal's young centre-back Kyle Bartyley has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2014.

The 20-year-old FA Youth Cup-winner made a combined 32 senior appearances on loan at Rangers and Sheffield United last season but to date has played only once for Arsenal's first team, in a Champions League tie with Olympiakos in 2009.

"If I'm honest, I don't think I was anywhere near the level to play for Arsenal last season," he told the club's website. "But I've come back, I feel really strong and I feel that I am ready now. I am a little bit different to the other centre-backs.

"I like the physical side of the game and I see myself as a leader. If Ars??ne decides that he wants me in the first team then that will be fantastic."

Kos, Verminator, Djourou, Squilachi, Bartyley, and Song at a push. If Wenger is going to stick to his guns, he'll probably say we don't need any more CBs.

• I'm in with the mighty 'Bayern Maiden'

I'm in. For now. Already feeling a bit fatigued just building the initial squad though that may be more to do with the horrendous layout of the new version of the site.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Paul said:
    Good to see legendary rap producer Paul C has come back from the dead to participate, what an honour!
    :hi:

I'm in. For now. Already feeling a bit fatigued just building the initial squad though that may be more to do with the horrendous layout of the new version of the site.

Good man.

I'm disappointed you can no longer see who the next opposition is with full team names etc, but they haven't f'd it up too badly.

At least this time I'm actually aware of the two wildcards on offer.

• I can't see too many obvious bargains yet, they seem to have put the price up of anyone who seems half decent this year and it seems everyone in the world has chosen Suarez which obviously means he's going to have a terrible season.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    really not feeling the motivation for it this year.

Everyone "Decent" is pricey but I am sure there will be a few Charlie Adams (when he was running tings at Blackpool) et al who will manifest themselves to be great value.

Chin up, chap. We may be living on borrowed time in this country, but there must be time left for City to win the league. The beers are on me when this occurs.

Sack up, yer miserable bunch of bastards. :lol:

DocMcCoy said:

The Soulstrut way is to get to the top spot, develop a 200 point lead and then moan about how badly you're doing/threaten to delete your team on a weekly basis.

:P

DocMcCoy said:

Says the jammy get who's escaped UK plc.

I'm still up for the idea of once the season starts, no transfers until January. Death by injuries.

Duderonomy said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Says the jammy get who's escaped UK plc.

I'm still up for the idea of once the season starts, no transfers until January. Death by injuries.

Bollocks to that. It was only the wildcards and some 'Arry-esque wheeling and dealing that kept me in it last season. As much as I was in it, obv.

Paul said:
    DocMcCoy said:

The Soulstrut way is to get to the top spot, develop a 200 point lead and then moan about how badly you're doing/threaten to delete your team on a weekly basis.

:P

Ha!

I can't say I fancy my chances much this season without sky sports or the will to read team updates on relegation fodder. Inclusion in the game also unfortunately means that the creepy whispering guy in the office will have his excuse to come and perch on the edge of my desk discussing substitutions and results again.

Perhaps we should look at setting up some kind of avatar bet or something similar? The quest to make Shears rock that special Peter Mike & Rich avatar fuelled my passion long after normal interest had gone.

OK. PREDICTION time. Last season's are here.

PL Winner: [strike]Man Citeh[/strike] Man Citeh... the money might work this time

PL top 4: [strike]Citeh, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham[/strike] Citeh, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpoo

Relegated: [strike]Man U, Wigan[/strike] Norwich, West Brom, Wolves (Swansea do a Hull with the early season points but stay up)

Surprise team: [strike]Blackpool[/strike] Swansea

Top Scorer: [strike]Drogbreath[/strike] Suarez

Surprise player: [strike]Kakuta[/strike] Gervinho might actually be really good

Biggest flop: [strike]could be Hodgson[/strike] Torres to continue his poor form at Chelsea

First manager to get sacked: [strike]is Sven coming back to the Prem?[/strike] Is McCarthy still managing Wolves?

CL winner: [strike]ARSENAL![/strike] Arsenal!

La Liga winner: [strike]Barca[/strike] Barca

Serie A winner: [strike]Inter Milan[/strike] Inter Milan

• PL Winner: United

PL top 4: United, Chelsea,City, Liverpool/Tottenham

Relegated: Wigan,Norwich,Blackburn

Surprise team: Qpr

Top Scorer: Suarez/ or Sturridge if Chelsea put him in front of Anelka

Surprise player: Gervinho/N'Zogbia

Biggest flop: Wickham/ Downing

First manager to get sacked: Martinez

CL winner: Madrid

La Liga winner: Barca