Kid Capri killin' it with the 45s!!!!

Comments

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    I know I'm gonna kick myself when I'm told but whats the track that comes in @2.01 on the first clip? I know the sample from somewhere & it's killing me....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Risingson said:
    I know I'm gonna kick myself when I told but whats the track that comes in @2.01 on the first clip? I know the sample from somewhere & it's killing me....

Pleasure - Joyous

batmon said:
    Risingson said:
    I know I'm gonna kick myself when I told but whats the track that comes in @2.01 on the first clip? I know the sample from somewhere & it's killing me....

Pleasure - Joyous

thanks...

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

disco_che said:

get bent

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    dope shit! he wasn't playing anything too hard, but still dope! thanks for posting chan!

anyone know the break he was cutting up around the 3 minute mark on video 2?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    It felt way too rushed and hectic. Kinda lacking finesse.

This on the other hand:

• Options
    The same dudes with the raw chins in here are probably equally put off by Flex dropping bombs, Stretch, Bob and Sear taking phone calls, Biz Mark dropping tv theme songs mid-set, and Red Alert popping up in too many videos on The Box. I'm in the 90's, why not.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    for the people that love this vid download his diggiwax mix. ish is bananas!

• I love this!

He actually starts his set with some soul 45s (which have their own sleeves and poly sleeves), and they play out a bit longer, but by the time he gets to the breaks and b-boy schitt... well of course he's going to start flying through those.

Haters: He's supposed to (have time to) file each of them away? Do you even DJ?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this part is fire:

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    People need ease up his set seems perfectly fine to me, and the crowd seems to be feeling it. Like others have mentioned it would be good if he let the tracks ride for another 30 secs or so.

What worries me is the fact his singles are not in sleeves, and it's just vinyl against vinyl!

:nagl:

crowd was like "huh?" at Joan Jett

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    wow, stuff like that is dope, Ive seen Kid Capri live, thats a real deejay right there
    Attached files

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    yawn.

I dont see how sacrificing actual music for some sort of turntable athleticism is supposed to be entertaining...kinda like going to a restaurant, not for the food, but for the amazing speed at which your table is cleared after you take your first bite and the next course arrives.

Absolutely dead on. However, as far as context is concerned he should get the pass. He's simply doing what he does, in the park, where it all started, playing a set of classics that people appear to be feeling. As far style goes, that bullshit is an immediate buzz kill for me. The only thing that he's killing is the Vibe.

• KnowellKnowell 7 Posts
    whats the first track on this set???

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Dope Capri is rocking some classics ... Thought Fabel was about to give the crowd a lil bit of that Rock Dance

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    It felt way too rushed and hectic. Kinda lacking finesse.

This on the other hand:

:face_melt: :hard_as_fuck: :game_over:

that setup is stupid

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Oh man--the hate poasts are classique SoulStrut cluelessness.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

I'm sayin'! HOW can you hate on droppin' all these classic 45s at a park jam?

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    dope shit! he wasn't playing anything too hard, but still dope! thanks for posting chan!

anyone know the break he was cutting up around the 3 minute mark on video 2?

thats king coleman.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Latte pass, but all these people jamming to some classic tunes and breaks in the park, with Kid Capri, of all people shouting into the mic? Looks like a terrible time. ;-)

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    this part is fire:

This section is good. If the other stuff I heard was like it I might not of been "hating".

backtracking like a mofo

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    not really feeling his t-shirt

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    he should have played some reggae

• Knowell said:

sounds like zero 7 sampled it for i have seen... no one knows this track?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    he should have played some reggae

Still not mad at this (or the park jammy).

Knowell said:
    Knowell said:

sounds like zero 7 sampled it for i have seen... no one knows this track?

It sounds too modern to be an 'old' break.
    It sounds like some regular warm-up chill-out 45 that's not really connected to the other joints.

I could easily be wrong.