??? Bush neighbor fires gun, startles protesters

fhillysubtle1fhillysubtle1 355 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.cnn.com

The link is on the right hand side there's a funny video that accompanies the story.

"There was one porta potty now we got two porta pottys, and we got three, and if this keeps up they'll be all the way down the road."

Also note the shot of a keystone 30 case next to his shotgun

hick as fuck

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    http://www.cnn.com

The link is on the right hand side there's a funny video that accompanies the story.

"There was one porta potty now we got two porta pottys, and we got three, and if this keeps up they'll be all the way down the road."

hick as fuck
    Good shit! What he says about having your brother-in-law for 5 days is comedy.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm more interested to know how you got that "bullet" in your thread title!

• i been using bullets for like at least a bullet ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

• Also from CNN:

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan said Mexican President Vicente Fox was right to say that Mexican immigrants take jobs "that not even blacks want." [/b]

Although Fox was sharply criticized for his remarks by some black leaders, Farrakhan said Sunday that blacks do not want to go to farms and pick fruit because they already "picked enough cotton."

"Why are you so foolishly sensitive when somebody is telling you the truth?" he asked the crowd at Mercy Memorial Baptist Church.

He said blacks and Latinos should form an alliance to correct differences and animosity between the two communities.

Civil rights leaders, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton, condemned the remark. Some leaders called on Fox to apologize.

Fox has said he was commenting on the contributions that Mexicans make to the United States, and did not mean any offense.

Farrakhan, who spearheaded the 1995 Million Man March that drew hundreds of thousands of people to Washington, was in Milwaukee to promote the Millions More Movement, which has scheduled a rally October 15 on the National Mall.

The march is billed as a more inclusive successor to the Million Man March.

This time, organizers have encouraged women and gays to attend.[/b]

• This time, organizers have encouraged women and gays to attend.[/b]

it is true. i have already been contacted by the honorable one as to strategize a community action plan on how to best outreach to said demographic.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Also from CNN:

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan said Mexican President Vicente Fox was right to say that Mexican immigrants take jobs "that not even blacks want." [/b]

Although Fox was sharply criticized for his remarks by some black leaders, Farrakhan said Sunday that blacks do not want to go to farms and pick fruit because they already "picked enough cotton."

"Why are you so foolishly sensitive when somebody is telling you the truth?" he asked the crowd at Mercy Memorial Baptist Church.

Hallefuckinlujah. I got into a heated debate just last night with some Nation readers about that. All the sensitive folk up in arms about Mexicans bein so racist against blacks, when Fox was just pointing out the large pale elephant sitting in the corner of the room.

The rest of the world believes there's an apartheid system going on here. It's the Clintonites that get their knickers in a twist over this shit. "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed with what's right with America." cha right.

• http://www.cnn.com

hick as fuck

Sheehan's husband files for divorce

• Classy. So I guess logic dictates that she must be a David Duke supporter? Or were you implying something else? And I guess the fact that her husband files for divorce means she's wrong too? Or maybe he's just a jackass?

I find it really disgusting the way the right is attacking this woman, as if confronting Bush on any of his bullshit is tantamount to treason.

Fuck him, fuck his stupid war, and fuck all of those that have fallen into lockstep behind him (bunch of lemmings).

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    [

Fuck him, fuck his stupid war, and fuck all of those that have fallen into lockstep behind him (bunch of lemmings).

I agree with you on this. However, I find it upsetting about what these mothers are doing. Their sons knew what they were getting into when joining the armed forces. There is a risk of dying, and any idiot knows that.
    Now, I can't imagine what it is like to loose a family member this way, but seriously, claiming that he was 'murdered' is selfish and dumb. ...and keep in mind, her son went over there to kill someone else.
    And maybe he personally was opposed to the war, but you know what? who cares? He was aware of the risks envolved with that job, and still signed up.

• [

I agree with you on this. However, I find it upsetting about what these mothers are doing. Their sons knew what they were getting into when joining the armed forces. There is a risk of dying, and any idiot knows that.
    Now, I can't imagine what it is like to loose a family member this way, but seriously, claiming that he was 'murdered' is selfish and dumb. ...and keep in mind, her son went over there to kill someone else.
    And maybe he personally was opposed to the war, but you know what? who cares? He was aware of the risks envolved with that job, and still signed up.

When you enlist in the armed forces "knowing what you're getting into" there's a built in assumption that the people responsible for sending you into potentially lethal situations do so only when absuolutely necessary and with a proper amount of planning. This war was neither absolutely necessary nor well planned. As a result Bush and his administration bear an unusually high amount of responsibility for the deaths of those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their continued dishonesty/idiocy in the handling of a clearly worsening situation only serves to compound this fact.

When you enlist in the armed forces "knowing what you're getting into" there's a built in assumption that the people responsible for sending you into potentially lethal situations do so only when absuolutely necessary and with a proper amount of planning.

I agree totally. However, as history has shown the US government has made a few similar moves in the past (ie: Vietnam). To think that they would not do something like that again would be foolish.

Anyway, what I would like to know is at what time did he signed up (or re-instate) for the service. Wouldn't that be ironic if he had signed up within the past few years? If that was the case, he would clearly not be opposed to the war, and his mother would be looking like a serious idiot.

• When you enlist in the armed forces "knowing what you're getting into" there's a built in assumption that the people responsible for sending you into potentially lethal situations do so only when absuolutely necessary and with a proper amount of planning.

I agree totally. However, as history has shown the US government has made a few similar moves in the past (ie: Vietnam). To think that they would not do something like that again would be foolish.

So, anyone that joins the armed forces, who's aware that the government has made military mistakes is a rube and deserves what they get, up to and including death?

Anyway, what I would like to know is at what time did he signed up (or re-instate) for the service. Wouldn't that be ironic if he had signed up within the past few years? If that was the case, he would clearly not be opposed to the war, and his mother would be looking like a serious idiot.

It wouldn't be ironic at all. It would suck, if someone's want/need to join the miltary was rewarded with gross mishandling/malfeasance on the part of the administration. The mother doesn't look like an idiot. She looks like a person of courage who took a public stand against Bush when it was unpopular to do so. Maybe if our press and elected officials weren't so afraid of Bush and his ilk more people would take a stand like hers.

Anyway, what I would like to know is at what time did he signed up (or re-instate) for the service. Wouldn't that be ironic if he had signed up within the past few years? If that was the case, he would clearly not be opposed to the war, and his mother would be looking like a serious idiot.[/b]

That's a really nice thing to say.

Mrs. Sheehan has stated many times that like many young people who didn't know any better, her son signed up, AND WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE SENT to Afganistan to fight the evil doers like Bin Laden. Not that I ever agreed with that one either, but this is a far more valid reason to sign your life away. That's why there was a spike in recruitment in 2002.

So, yes, HE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO GET BIN LADEN for what he did on 9/11. And you want to belittle him or his family (who raised him to be that patriotic) for that?

Why be part of the Bill O'really echo chamber?

• When you enlist in the armed forces "knowing what you're getting into" there's a built in assumption that the people responsible for sending you into potentially lethal situations do so only when absuolutely necessary and with a proper amount of planning.

So, anyone that joins the armed forces, who's aware that the government has made military mistakes is a rube and deserves what they get, up to and including death?

Anyone who joins the army is/should be prepared to make the "ultimate sacrifice". It doesn't excuse the moves of the administration. But Larry, seriously, kids in the army are prepared to give their life and take another's, 1800+ Americans have died in Iraq and while I lay the blame on the government I find it absurd to claim that the soldiers didn't know what they were getting into. Every soldier I've known had a very good idea of what they were getting into (broadly, with respect to the army, and specifically with respect to Iraq).

Anyone who joins the army is/should be prepared to make the "ultimate sacrifice". It doesn't excuse the moves of the administration. But Larry, seriously, kids in the army are prepared to give their life and take another's, 1800+ Americans have died in Iraq and while I lay the blame on the government I find it absurd to claim that the soldiers didn't know what they were getting into. Every soldier I've known had a very good idea of what they were getting into (broadly, with respect to the army, and specifically with respect to Iraq).

Do you know just how badly the Iraqi operation has been run? (by civilians at the Pentagon)

If you were patrolling a neighborhood that was fighting mad coz they just got shocked and awed, and your Humvee has no doors, let alone body armor, and your 19 year old buddy's head got taken clean off, you'd blame him for signing up? Or would you want to ask questions of your president as he whacks weeds on his "ranch"?

Jonny

I didn't say he didn't know what he was getting into. I did say that the government, specifically the Bush administration had grossly mishandled the situation, sold the nation (including it's soldiers) a bill of goods.
    Bush sold us a "cakewalk". What we got was a seemingly endless string of terrorist-style attacks in which our soldiers (and god only knows how many Iraqis) have been picked off like sitting ducks. Not enough soldiers, not enough armor, an amorphous "enemy" we haven't really been able to get a handle on, and Bush and Rumsfeld continue to spout their rehearsed "everything's hunky dory" boilerplate toward a complicit press and a public that is only just starting to realize that they've been lied to.
    Not to mention the thousands of National Guardsmen over there now. Should they have known better?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    this thread is worthless and you all seem stupid. Daily Kos is at www.dailykos.com go there if you must become unhinged.

• More "Texas Justice"....

White crosses at site of anti-war demonstration run down by pickup
    LAST UPDATE: 8/16/2005 5:19:06 AM

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) - A pickup truck tore through rows of white crosses last night near President Bush's ranch, where a woman has been protesting the Iraq war.

The crosses stretched along the road at the Crawford, Texas, camp, bore the names of fallen U-S soldiers. No one was hurt.

Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq last year, vows to remain in Texas through Bush's August vacation unless he meets with her.

Meanwhile, court documents reveal that Sheehan's husband has filed for divorce in California. The couple were high school sweethearts. But Cindy Sheehan says they separated because of the stress caused by their son's death.

Any bets on how long it is before some God fearing shit kicker actually assaults this woman???

• Anyone who joins the army is/should be prepared to make the "ultimate sacrifice". It doesn't excuse the moves of the administration. But Larry, seriously, kids in the army are prepared to give their life and take another's, 1800+ Americans have died in Iraq and while I lay the blame on the government I find it absurd to claim that the soldiers didn't know what they were getting into. Every soldier I've known had a very good idea of what they were getting into (broadly, with respect to the army, and specifically with respect to Iraq).

Do you know just how badly the Iraqi operation has been run? (by civilians at the Pentagon)

If you were patrolling a neighborhood that was fighting mad coz they just got shocked and awed, and your Humvee has no doors, let alone body armor, and your 19 year old buddy's head got taken clean off, you'd blame him for signing up? Or would you want to ask questions of your president as he whacks weeds on his "ranch"?

Easy there holmes. I actually wrote that I blame the administration. That is, if you read my post first. I have talked extensively with soldiers in Iraq, special forces... I am quite aware of how badly the operation is being run and I didn't need the BBC or NYTimes Op/ed page to figure it out...

The soldiers I've met knew what they were signing up for. That's all I'm gonna say on this, yall can blow hot aire until your blue in the face it won't change the situation, won't change our foul government, and won't help the brave folks that signed up to defend our right to sit in front of a computer all day and talk shit

Bye

this thread is worthless and you all seem stupid. Daily Kos is at www.dailykos.com go there if you must become unhinged.

Yes, this thread is worthless.

I live near you, wanna call me stupid to my face?

I've been spouting my views since waaaaay before dailykos came into existence, Newb.

I called the thread stupid, but if it would make you feel better -

• I live near you, wanna call me stupid to my face?

Care to elaborate?

Erm, no you didn't, kid.

Erm, no you didn't, kid.

hey you're right. but on reviewing what was written in the thread I'll stand by what I said.

• I live near you, wanna call me stupid to my face?

Erm, no you didn't, kid.

hey you're right. but on reviewing what was written in the thread I'll stand by what I said.

Now that you have 20 posts under your belt I'm more inclined to take you seriously. Especially since you presented your argument so carefully.

the carefully presented argument

dude, thats not an argument. thats a statement. Care to argue about it?

• Fuck him, fuck his stupid war, and fuck all of those that have fallen into lockstep behind him (bunch of lemmings).

I guess the rest of the stuff I wrote was invisible???