If you do not choose registered shipping, I will not be...

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
responsible for lost items. I have this in my auctions, but eBay just sent me a message telling I have to take it out. WTF?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It won't do you any good anyway.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    So some asshole refuses to pay the registered rate and then says they never got the $200 record will be able to get their money back?

Sorry, haven't sold on ebay in about 5 years and recently started dumping my free jazz.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Yeah, this is old news. For a couple of years now you have not been allowed to put in any disclaimers like 'I am not responsible for packages lost in shipping' in your listings.

And even if they don't notice it, Paypal will still take your $ if the person files a claim.

Is there any protection against this?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I think eBay is taking issue with the "not responsible" line. What I do is just add a line with something like "all orders over X dollars must ship registered or express at the buyers expense". Haven't had any trouble with that.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Dont give them a choice, I only allow registered post on items over $50 , if you have a tracking number paypal wont side with the buyer

"dumping my free jazz" whats your ebay name

beylotte

the good shits gone. it's all India Navigation and Soul Note now.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Bugger , just had a look got all excited when I saw Full Moon Ensemble , was hoping it may be Crowded with Lonliness !

Saved to my watch list in case you throw up anything interesting

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Fatback said:
    So some asshole refuses to pay the registered rate and then says they never got the $200 record will be able to get their money back?

Sorry, haven't sold on ebay in about 5 years and recently started dumping my free jazz.

So you're ready to admit that this music is crap?

No. We can say I moved on.

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    why dont you just send it registered anyway even if the buyer doesnt pay for it, if its an expensive record?
    thats how i do it