Anyone else hopelessly behind the times???

13»

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    people hate on technology but they sit here on the computer yapping away about how they don't have cell phones. that's on some next level corniness... it's somehow BETTER to talk thru typing than with your voice? A rotary phone in your house is somehow not bad but a phone you can put in your pocket makes you an asshole?

I'm not hating on technology. I just fucking hate cell phones. I hate telephones in general to be honest. Cell phones have just made the world more obnoxious. Little known fact about me: Girls with cellphones are less attractive to me then girls without them. Major turnoff.

- spidey

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    New Wave? Clueless. Free jazz? Nope. Dancehall? Heard of a few, but don't know who's who. Punk? See dancehall. [/b]

Vanguard Squad gotcha covered.

(page them)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    New Wave? Clueless. Free jazz? Nope. Dancehall? Heard of a few, but don't know who's who. Punk? See dancehall. [/b]

This looks rather interesting, but I'ma need a travel copy so I can do the math on the dusty path, canyoucomprehendmyfriend? Like "que onda" in the Honda and shit.

But alas, "Coming Soon" under the Mix CD's header. Wish there was one, got a brother from another that I owe a birthday present to. HoLmes would skate his ass off to this.

Yodel.

Herm

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    just listen to some Chingo Bling

ghetto vaquero

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    just listen to some Chingo Bling

ghetto vaquero

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

- I've never spent more than $60 on a record. And at this point, I plan on never spending more than $20.

- At record stores, I leave behind the nicer-looking $8 copy for the semi-beat $3 one.

Real talk from the borderlands. I am allergic to spending large cap on vinyls which sucks because prices are rising. One day a dealer is going to be going through my stacks and will repeatedly say things like. "Oh shit, an OG Miles Davis 'Relaxin'" followed by "VG- strikes again". Not saying I don't have nice shit but I got lots of scratchies with fifty cent stickers on them.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    let's see, listened to a few hip hop classics that came out more than 10 years ago for the first time this year...just found out what torrents are..

but i balance it out with being progressive too, i just picked up an i-river 320(ok im sort of late on that one)... changed my life. its like god finally invented my favorite radio station...and with audio books, im learning about philosophy/science/productivity-time management by university profs and lecturers while i walk on the streets, and i can watch family guy on it, and can record on it. i might not need a computer anymore.

• Granted, I don't get out much - and I have not turned on a television in about 3-4 years - but seriously, I find I cannot have a normal convo with people my own age or slightly older about current happenings. When I think of "new music" two things come to mind - shoegaze indie pop from the early 90's, and those "new music" electronic records from the 60's that I have a ton of. This is not normal. Even I know that.

What the hell is a "summer jam"? I honestly have no idea.

It's getting very hard to pass myself of as a normal person anymore. This could be bad. People might start to suspect me of being an android made by some twisted freak who has not left their basement since Dick Van Dyke was a top rated show.

i know current pop culture sucks and all...but shit man, is it going to hurt you to buy a 20 dollar TV and watch a few cable shows. Yeah its stupid and an idiot box and all of that..but guess what? Watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and The Surreal Life is entertaining. I need some dumbing down after working all day.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Granted, I don't get out much - and I have not turned on a television in about 3-4 years - but seriously, I find I cannot have a normal convo with people my own age or slightly older about current happenings. When I think of "new music" two things come to mind - shoegaze indie pop from the early 90's, and those "new music" electronic records from the 60's that I have a ton of. This is not normal. Even I know that.

What the hell is a "summer jam"? I honestly have no idea.

It's getting very hard to pass myself of as a normal person anymore. This could be bad. People might start to suspect me of being an android made by some twisted freak who has not left their basement since Dick Van Dyke was a top rated show.

i know current pop culture sucks and all...but shit man, is it going to hurt you to buy a 20 dollar TV and watch a few cable shows. Yeah its stupid and an idiot box and all of that..but guess what? Watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and The Surreal Life is entertaining. I need some dumbing down after working all day.

I have a TV, I just don't watch it all that much. And when I do, I don't understand all the current pop culture references - which seem to make up a big part of the venacular today. So, you see, it's a viscious cycle & I get further, and further out of touch with my generation.

• let's see, listened to a few hip hop classics that came out more than 10 years ago for the first time this year...just found out what torrents are..

but i balance it out with being progressive too, i just picked up an i-river 320(ok im sort of late on that one)... changed my life. its like god finally invented my favorite radio station...and with audio books, im learning about philosophy/science/productivity-time management by university profs and lecturers while i walk on the streets, and i can watch family guy on it, and can record on it. i might not need a computer anymore.

Congrats on your purchase!!!! Glad you finally got it and are pleased.

not directed at anyone in particular - can we get a Late Pass Graemlin?

scabies!!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    let's see, listened to a few hip hop classics that came out more than 10 years ago for the first time this year...just found out what torrents are..

Congrats on your purchase!!!! Glad you finally got it and are pleased.

not directed at anyone in particular - can we get a Late Pass Graemlin?

scabies!!!

yeah man, best purchase in years hands down!